Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Finishes 10th in ACC in Learfield Sports Directors' Cup
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Jul 11, 2009, 9:15 AM

ACC One of Three Conferences with Four Schools Among Nation’s Top 20 NCAA Programs
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire Bowden....I mean Leggett.....I mean Barker......I mean

Jul 11, 2009, 9:25 AM

Terry Don.

null

underscores the administration's support of athletics***

Jul 11, 2009, 9:30 AM

Have you seen the sports that are used to accumulate points?

Jul 11, 2009, 9:46 AM

We don't even have many of them...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

"...but... if we did, the administration wouldn't support

Jul 11, 2009, 12:16 PM

them either"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's changed? We use to be higher.***

Jul 11, 2009, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Have you seen the sports that are used to accumulate points? ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

LOL. Clueless

Jul 11, 2009, 12:18 PM [ in reply to underscores the administration's support of athletics*** ]

The fact is, we offer very few sports compared to many ACC schools. We don't offer women's golf, softball, ice hockey, lacrosse (men's or womens) etc etc etc

This "competition" gives the same points for finishing in the top 25 in field hockey as it does for football.

Keep chasing those windmills, Steve!

True, but our AD is a shadow of its former self!!!***

Jul 11, 2009, 9:01 PM

No it doesn't...

Jul 11, 2009, 1:10 PM [ in reply to underscores the administration's support of athletics*** ]

Clemson only has 17 teams and is competing against schools with 20 or more. I think Boston College has nearly 30 teams. Unless the number of teams Clemson fields grows significantly, Clemson will always be behind in that ranking.

Exactly

Jul 11, 2009, 3:54 PM

Thats why this bogus "cup" is a bucnh of horse ####. Im sure Lacross and whole myriad of sports UNC excels at are included in this bogus cup.

But 4 ACC crowns in 6 years does!! Sports are no longer ....

Jul 11, 2009, 8:59 PM [ in reply to No it doesn't... ]

important to the powers that be at Clemson. If you think otherwise you need to pull your head out the sand and look at the facts!! Not only are we not winning championships, we aren't even competitive in sports we used to dominate.

Can't state the obvious here

Jul 12, 2009, 10:41 AM

According to TNET it's not about winning, it's all about being a Top 20 public U. When they realize on a football Saturday that when 80 plus K pack DV, the majority only care about athletics and their success. Nothing else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I only see a handful of people on TigerNet who support the

Jul 13, 2009, 10:24 PM

Top 20 initiative for Clemson academics. Most just blame Barker for everything and talk about how stupid "that magazine ranking" is. We must be reading a different TigerNet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

RE: I only see a handful of people on TigerNet who support t***

Aug 12, 2009, 10:41 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we turning into USCjr. ?***

Jul 13, 2009, 12:02 PM [ in reply to But 4 ACC crowns in 6 years does!! Sports are no longer .... ]

Sports are important at Clemson, but they aren't the most

Jul 13, 2009, 10:22 PM [ in reply to But 4 ACC crowns in 6 years does!! Sports are no longer .... ]

important thing like they were in the 80s (you know, when we had a bunch of good 'ol boys in administration and were on probation...and our academics were not what they should have been).

And, as others have said, we don't offer as many sports as some other schools or else we would be ranked higher in that ranking. The funny thing is, if we used athletic department funds to field additional athletic teams, we would have a higher ranking. But these same people would complain, say that the money should be used for football instead, and conclude that the administration isn't devoted to the right sports. Looks like our administration is screwed either way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Sports are important at Clemson, but they aren't the most

Jul 15, 2009, 12:39 AM

Academics are important at Clemson but sports is a big part of fundraising for both sides.I see no reason why we cannot have both great academic and athletic programs.This article shows the one sided support for academics at Clemson.Imagine if Barker supported athletics like he does academics.Texas made 73 million dollars last year on football.Imagine if Clemsom was the power that it once was and made enough to support both athletics and academics.

Re: But 4 ACC crowns in 6 years does!! Sports are no longer ....

Jul 15, 2009, 12:40 AM [ in reply to But 4 ACC crowns in 6 years does!! Sports are no longer .... ]

Thank you Barker for destroying our sports programs.

Re: Clemson Finishes 10th in ACC in Learfield Sports Directors' Cup

Jul 11, 2009, 10:49 AM

Pitiful, embarrassing and totally unacceptable. Looks like I'll be too old to know or to care if this keeps up!

From a football perspective

Jul 11, 2009, 10:56 AM

Outside of VT, F$U and Clemson, look at how the rest of the ACC has embarrassed themselves in the ACCCG. The airwaves here in Atl trounce the league on a daily basis on the lack of support and empty seats.

You think the ACC needs Clemson to succeed in football to save face? It's almost embarrassing to be in the ACC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Finishes 10th in ACC in Learfield Sports Directors' Cup

Jul 11, 2009, 1:47 PM

Is this something to celebrate or cry over???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I call shenanigans!

Jul 11, 2009, 3:49 PM

We go to post season in all major sports and are 10th? BS! What sports are they including? All the ones that UNC is good at? his sounds like a bunch of garbage to me. I would pay this no mind.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic