Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From Tidefans.com
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

From Tidefans.com

Jan 15, 2016, 3:02 PM

? Originally Posted by gumptider ?
I'll be honest. I watched it again and felt we were not the better team on Monday night. Clemson's base offense consistently moved the ball downfield against us. It felt like OSU all over again. They had superior QB play. On the other hand, we had lots of trouble in our base offense. Our O-line got whipped on a bunch of occasions. Our WRs couldn't seem to get open without confusion caused by tempo.

Most of all, I walked away feeling that Clemson played the role of Alabama and we played the role of (gasp) Auburn. We didn't really manufacture points, but stole them on busted coverages, tempo, gadget plays, and special teams. Don't get me wrong, I'll take a title any day of the week, but Clemson would have put that game away without us resorting to tactics that we don't ordinarily use. If Coker doesn't connect with Stewart throwing off his back foot, I think we don't win. Maybe that's a testament to how resilient this team was and our coaching staff's willingness to adapt on the fly, but I think we were lucky to get out of Phoenix with a win.

I'll conclude with this. If this were any other team that won in this fashion against Clemson, I would have said they found a way to win against a better team. It would be dishonest to change my opinion just because it's my team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From Tidefans.com

Jan 15, 2016, 3:04 PM

The hey, look over here trophy. Enjoy it bamar.

Jan 15, 2016, 5:24 PM

Speaking of "look at here", what are the odds of you getting laid tonight?

Jan 15, 2016, 3:05 PM

He's right!
GO TIGERS!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, this really helps to put the loss in perspective***

Jan 15, 2016, 3:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

good to get some perspective***

Jan 15, 2016, 3:06 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

On the flip side, them Bama boys were strong, well coached

Jan 15, 2016, 3:18 PM

and played turnover free.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly, they never made the "big" mistake.***

Jan 15, 2016, 3:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Exactly, they never made the "big" mistake.***

Jan 15, 2016, 3:36 PM

Even more important, they didn't commit the same mistakes they did the entire season.

Jan 16, 2016, 1:15 AM

That what blows my mind. That why you have to work to become a student of the game and not rely on talent along to get you through.

Jan 15, 2016, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Exactly, they never made the "big" mistake.*** ]

It doesn't make me feel any better. Still sad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2016, 3:36 PM

All of their Jrs are coming back besides Derek Henry and A'Shawn Robinson. Looks like we might get us a rematch if they can find a QB and an RB

Jan 15, 2016, 5:20 PM

Find a qb and a rb? Is that a joke, have you seen Bo Scarborough? Kid is insane as long as he is healthy, better, faster and bigger than Henry

Jan 16, 2016, 1:17 AM [ in reply to Re: From Tidefans.com ]

That would be the greatest Christmas present ever. To be the best, lets beat who they considered the best.

No consolation in losing

Jan 15, 2016, 3:50 PM

Alabama whipped our tails on special teams & that was the difference in the game - the blocked field goal, the onside kick (a call which came as no surprise at all to me), & of course the back-breaker - the kickoff return for TD after we'd just cut the lead to 4.

Going into the game I fully thought the Tigers would win - that our offense would move the ball & score points, that our O-line would be up to the challenge against their D-line, that our defense would be able to pressure their QB - all of which came to pass more or less. But there was one big "if" in my prediction of a Tiger victory - IF we could avoid too many mental mistakes & negative plays on special teams. We'd been living dangerously in that phase all season long - 3 kickoff returns for TDs, many other long returns that provided short fields to opposing offenses, multiple onside kicks which we'd been extremely fortunate to recover, plus the one that was negated by the questionable offsides call against North Carolina in the ACCCG. It was bitterly disappointing to lose the game that way, but honestly it wasn't all that surprising.

does this mean we won the eye-test competition?***

Jan 15, 2016, 4:02 PM

Jan 15, 2016, 5:16 PM

Who is this guy? I want to buy him a drink, or three. I literally just watched half the game and keyed in on how much holding was going on in the trenches and even beyond. On one run play in particular, you can clearly see their star center, Ryan Kelly (#70), grabbing Boulware by the shoulder pads, spinning him around by his jersey and pinning him on the ground. Ugh. 2 holding calls all night.

Jan 16, 2016, 1:07 AM

#70 Ryan Kelly did not get a holding penalty all year for the record.. 15 Games with Zero Penalties...it's a joke..Over Rated

Jan 16, 2016, 2:02 AM

Want to hear a crazy stat that will have you thinking Bama's paying refs?

Before the national championship game, Alabama has gone 1012 snaps without a SINGLE false start. And though they're ranked in the bottom half of the FBS in penalties per game, they were penalized 0 holding calls in 65% of their games over the past two years. Is anyone watching their fn linemen!?! Because the refs sure aren't.

Jan 16, 2016, 1:29 AM [ in reply to Re: From Tidefans.com ]

True That, I agree.

Jan 15, 2016, 5:37 PM

c/p
If Coker doesn't connect with Stewart throwing off his back foot, I think we don't win.

3rd & 11 on bama 44
ole mo would have shifted to the tigers and could have been a big turning point and I don't think you win.
Kind of like the throw swag did on bama just throw it up
oh well $hit happens.....

Go Tigers................

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

We lost, the better team won***

Jan 15, 2016, 6:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stiLL...like the way that Bammer Boy thinks!

Jan 15, 2016, 7:24 PM

Cheers & might see Elephants next year IF they keep uP!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2016, 7:20 AM

I live in an area that has a ton of Ohio St. fans as well as people from other parts of the country. Little praise is given to Bama for the win and everyone just talks about how impressive of a team Clemson has become. That game did one thing if nothing else and that was gained respect nationally. When I used to get into conversations with these same types they would just chuckle at the mention of clemson, now it is like wow

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic