Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From Texas A&M Reporter....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

From Texas A&M Reporter....

Sep 7, 2018, 8:41 AM

AggieYell does a mailbag thing, and they got this question....

Q: How many rushing yards do we need to get to have a legitimate chance to win? (Aggieluke04)

A: 200, which is doable. Furman would have been close last week had they not screwed up and lost 83 yards with some screwed up plays.

Can anyone be more delusional than this guy? Sheesh.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From Texas A&M Reporter....

Sep 7, 2018, 8:47 AM

So basically Furman would have been alil closer last week had Clemson not game planned for their offense. Got it!

The difference is

Sep 7, 2018, 9:01 AM

The defensive players Furman saw in the second quarter will be on the field in the late third or early 4th quarter versus the Aggies.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everything is doable

Sep 7, 2018, 9:31 AM

Until you can't do it

Not so sure 200 yards means anything if they don't result in touchdowns and if they come in last 12 minutes behind 38-6

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2018, 9:35 AM

So Furman almost did it? They almost got 200 yards? So what was the score in the Furman game? Duh.....

Sep 7, 2018, 10:06 AM

Furman would have needed 90 rushing attempts to reach 200 yards based on the the 2.2 yards/rush average they had on 53 carries...

Funny, every A&M fan that I've talked to says that they are

Sep 7, 2018, 10:52 AM

extremely worried about their OL vs our DL. They said the only positive is their TE.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny, every A&M fan that I've talked to says that they are

Sep 7, 2018, 11:34 AM

it's hard to judge them against northwestern state U. I thought the middle of their line played well. Huge holes from the center and guards all night. Almost all of Trayveon Williams yards came on midline runs.

I think the real weakness they showed was at tackle. NWSU was getting some pass rush against the tackles.

If we can stop the running plays on 1st and 2nd down, keep them in 3rd and long we should be able to get great pressure on Mond without having to blitz a lot.

I'll be watching for gap control on the interior. TAMU writer will be disappointed that we aren't playing our back ups for most of the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Technically they need less than ten yards.

Sep 7, 2018, 10:56 AM

If they get one yard at a time rushing and each of those yards comes when the ball is on our 1 yard line they will score 60 points before adding their PATs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2018, 11:04 AM

You know, he is right. But, on the other hand, if you take away all of their runs that went for positive yardage, then they would have had a Negative Run Total for the game! Amazing!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess he's talking about the botched snap on their

Sep 7, 2018, 11:19 AM

2nd drive, but that play lost 28 yards, not 83. There was also a loss of 10 on a strip sack by Spector (that he also recovered), and a loss of 13 on a botched hand off, but that hand off was botched because Jordan Williams got there right as the ball was being handed off and crushed the RB.

Basically our defense forced every negative yardage play except the 28 on the botched snap so this guy is full of crap. Also, "screwed up and lost 83 yards with some screwed up plays" doesn't sound like something written by a legit journalist.

My anonymous source

Sep 7, 2018, 12:00 PM

Says the writer was formerly a report for the Scoks. I'd say the narrative supports that suspicion.

Report - ER

Sep 7, 2018, 12:00 PM

Sheesh...!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic