Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From My Diary, April 17, 1993
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,313

From My Diary, April 17, 1993

Mar 19, 2019, 4:11 PM

Saturday April 17, 1993, Karachi, Pakistan

Checked disc for Vol. 4 cover and IOG final report. To PCS Institute to get printout for IOG. Went to Galaxy to exchange Rupees for Dollars. Took Rahat, Afzal and Mahmood to lunch at "Bake and Take". Back to the office for final visit and farewell to staff. Back to Metropole Hotel to check out about 4:00 PM. Ghais (the driver), Rahat and Yousef took me to the airport, Bye Bye Pakistan !!!!

***************************************************************************************************

IOG --- I don't remember the words but this was the company which received my final report re our project.

Rahat and Afzal were my two interpreters and Mahmood my driver when we were away from Karachi.

Ghais was my driver when in Karachi and Yousef was a "houseboy" in our Karachi office.

I was scheduled to come home three weeks earlier but was asked if I would remain long enough to design a research facility, including a research program and staffing requirements. I made that a rush job. When I presented them with my proposal I was offered the job of returning as the Director for the first year to get the program underway but I said "no thanks". The proposed location was not an ideal place to take my wife.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you define houseboy?***

Mar 19, 2019, 4:19 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can you define houseboy?***

Mar 19, 2019, 4:36 PM

He is the "go get it" person. Does all the menial jobs like getting the coffee, mail, etc.. Highly essential. Our company, Fort/AIC Consultants, had three Americans (Two Engineers & One Economist) plus 23 Pakistanis. We had large offices on the seventh floor of an office building. The offices not only housed all of us but about 1,000,000 #### roaches. The other engineer and I bought a ton of roach spray and we were eliminating a lot of but they seemed to be reproducing faster than we could kill them. Another responsibility of the houseboy was to sweep up all the dead roaches each morning.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From My Diary, April 17, 1993

Mar 19, 2019, 7:11 PM

How long have you had a diary? What a wonderful way to keep your memories. I wish I had done that.

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: From My Diary, April 17, 1993

Mar 19, 2019, 9:54 PM

Jean--- The only time I kept a diary was on trips out of the country. If I was working, I kept two diaries, one for my work and one for my personal activities. Looking back, I now realize I should have spelled out some things. Somewhere in my notes I probably have the names of those companies I could not remember in my original post but too lazy to do it today.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,313
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic