Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyjuan on Tybee island? Need some Intel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 727

Anyjuan on Tybee island? Need some Intel

Mar 20, 2020, 11:30 AM

My son is getting married on Tybee next week..so we have to get down there for the particulars...this morning I got a mail from the home rental companies that my money was going to refunded due to the island being closed at this time - ### - and that the island was being closed to all non-locals and current renters.
Is this a true statement...and why are these freaking people going storm troopers...Jesus, this is my Son's freakin' wedding.....TIA to all
One way or another we will get down there and blast our way in...shat is getting crazy...how the hell will people eat on tybee...there is only one small store and the geezers there don't fish

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PRO TIP: Take the refund while you can

Mar 20, 2020, 11:32 AM

Spend on hookers and blow, then have a small get together with family and friends in your backyard or something to celebrate. Go to court house to get marriage license, then PROFIT

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^WHS^^^***

Mar 20, 2020, 11:33 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

yes, this.***

Mar 20, 2020, 11:38 AM [ in reply to PRO TIP: Take the refund while you can ]

yes, this is a monstrous gift from God.

Mar 20, 2020, 11:40 AM [ in reply to PRO TIP: Take the refund while you can ]

Not many Dads can get away with whittling down baby girl's wedding to something resembling reasonable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is happening everywhere. Was in the CHS Probate

Mar 20, 2020, 11:41 AM

office last Friday. Couple after couple filed in, asking if they could marry at the courthouse because their ceremony had been cancelled. The courthouse had already banned wedding ceremonies. Girl after girl left sobbing. Guy after guy left angry. Was sad.

That office is now closed to the public, I think. Is in other counties I know. So marriage applications, and issued licenses later have to be done through the mail.

You can forget a ceremony now really. If they're really anxious, they can do like a lot of the kids I saw and go to a notary or minister (church's aren't doing them anymore either because 50+ people), have the "ceremony" with one witness, and mail in their affidavit and get their license through the mail. You can always have the big ceremony later. Just a thought.

But yes, this is serious. Not sure about closing tybee island, but good luck finding a venue for 50+ people. I think 10 is the current limit.

Latest on your specific situation...

https://www.wsav.com/news/local-news/tybee-island-announces-emergency-declaration-during-covid-19/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got friends flying to Hawaii to get married first full week

Mar 20, 2020, 12:13 PM

in April. Pretty sure that just got cancelled.

Save a ton of money, go to courthouse, snort profits

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seemed to be the common plan in Chas. the other day

Mar 20, 2020, 3:20 PM

Only the courthouse couldn't do the marriages anymore. Closed now. But go to a notary or a minister, anyone else really, have a quickie marriage "ceremony" then file your affidavit through the mail and get a license back. Can always have the major ceremony later.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say this with all sincerity and no ill intent meant

Mar 20, 2020, 11:59 AM

but not being able to get married during a pandemic and global economic collapse doesn't even register as a blip on the "things that matter right now" radar.

Honestly, this is a direct comparison to the college kids partying in Miami last weekend and hearing them whine about a pandemic harshing their buzz.

Besides, the upside is that putting marriage off indefinitely might be the best thing that ever happens to both of them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya'll are good peeps...I appreciate the stuff you bring..*****

Mar 20, 2020, 12:09 PM

.....this virus calamity is gonna spawn some future epic

Mar 20, 2020, 12:13 PM

"Bridezilla" and similar "reality" shows.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friends just had their venue cancel their wedding in

Mar 20, 2020, 12:23 PM

Beaufort that was supposed to be at the end of April.

ROH

Lookman, this is not a time to think about yourself.

Mar 20, 2020, 2:07 PM

Post pigs of your future daughter-in-law's tids, cancel wedding, hookers/blow, invest any leftovers in toilet paper stock.

Otherwise FO you sound like a bridezilla's mom.

Replies: 12
| visibility 727
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic