Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Freshman Receivers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,665

Freshman Receivers

Apr 6, 2014, 10:09 AM

Who do you guys think will be playing out the Freshman receiver group? I honestly feel like this offense is going to feel a lot like the 2011 incarnation of the offense; lots of New faces, including WR's. First, i think Kyrin Priester will get significant playing time. He's had time in prep school, and will turn a lot of heads at the spring game. As for Tay Scott, I feel he will also get a big chunk of playing time, and be the player g-hop was supposed to be when he got on campus. For Demarre Kitt, he's an extremely talented guy, but I feel like he needs a redshirt to bulk up. However, since we aren't as deep on wr as we'd like to be, I see him playing some snaps this year in a reserve roll. Trevion Thompson will probably redshirt this year, as he wont get here until the summer. He's a great talent for us, but I see too much competition for him to start this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you

Apr 6, 2014, 10:25 AM

for bringing up 2011. We won the ACC championship with a new qb and green wr's and unproven tailback. Except now we could be better on both sides of the ball.

For the freshman I think Priester will have the biggest

Apr 6, 2014, 10:41 AM

impact. While I see Mike Williams being our new Nuk and Charone taking the Sammy role.

Re: For the freshman I think Priester will have the biggest

Apr 6, 2014, 10:59 AM

I really think Priester will the x-factor in the Georgia game.
He's a stud

Out of the freshmen group probably

Apr 6, 2014, 11:05 AM

Artavis Scott. I also feel Priester could be ready for playing time as he is already a year removed from high school. Either way I believe we are going to be alright and we may surprise some people with how good our group of receivers could be this year.

Re: Freshman Receivers

Apr 6, 2014, 11:34 AM

IMO I see Scott and Priester playing as TF. I also see G Hop getting his act together (Dabo has away of getting players attention for doing things the right way) and being big with Williams, Humphries and Peake. And I think that Jordan Leggett will have and awesome year at the TE position. I don't see a RS on Kitt, Thompson won't be in school until the fall, most likely a RS there. In the past we have seen our Tigers go through a season with just one or two receivers that could actually catch the ball. Jeff Scott has done a commendable job at recruiting and developing our wide receivers. With that being said, I think that Peake, Humphries, Williams, G Hop, Priester, Scott, and Kitt will be more than enough to fill the void of Sammy and Bryant. I think that D Rod will see more playing time also. If we're not O K at WR, someone has done a very poor job at planning how to use them. Then we will have Jordan Leggett, Sam Cooper, Stanton Seckinger, Jay Jay McCullough at TE, plus the two freshman TEs that could see playing time in Cannon Smith and Milan Richard. But I think that one or both of those two will wear a RS. I don't think worrying about who will we have to catch a ball is a thing to worry about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Peake, Leggett, Seckinger, Hop, Scott, Priester - plus plus

Apr 6, 2014, 12:12 PM

plenty of depth and a few surprises may have to redshirt!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget about Trevion Thompson

Apr 6, 2014, 1:24 PM

I see at least 2 TRUE FR. Receivers playing this year.

Re: Don't forget about Trevion Thompson

Apr 7, 2014, 6:05 AM

Trevion Thompson won't be in uniform until fall. I don't see him being one of the freshman playing. A RS season for Trevion I would think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't get too excited about freshman receivers.........

Apr 6, 2014, 3:31 PM

Let's face it, there is only one Sammy. Last year we talked about Green, williams and Hopper. How did that turn out. It usually takes a while. We have to hope that the experienced receivers REALLY step up and if a freshman does well, it will just be an unexpected bonus. I think our playcalling will be designed to respect our inexperience and loss of a couple of superstars. The D will enable us to do that....IMHO.

More passes to Leggett and Seckinger - really big fast wr's

Apr 6, 2014, 4:58 PM

Cooper can be the primary blocking te, and he can haul in some passes too and J.J.???

MIKE WILLIAMS

Apr 6, 2014, 5:01 PM

best returning - he is 6' 4" isn't he? Looked really good last year in limited play!

Re: MIKE WILLIAMS

Apr 7, 2014, 6:09 AM

I think that we will be just fine with the WRs. RBs is our biggest unanswered question going into the fall.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,665
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic