Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know it will never happen, but,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,490

I know it will never happen, but,

Sep 13, 2016, 12:07 AM

If everyone, especially the media, would ignore the disrespect being displayed during the playing of the National Anthem, then this FAD would get old and pass away!! The attention they get is what motivates these azzez!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know it will never happen, but,

Sep 13, 2016, 12:50 AM

Uh, you think? A bunch of emotional idiots wishing for broken legs and such for the players who DARE exercise their first amendment rights?

I mean, I think there's another group of folks who demanded unconditional national allegiance. They were called Nazis.

HA I've heard it all now!! Comparing those who believe in

Sep 13, 2016, 6:28 AM

showing respect for the flag and honoring those who protect our first amendment rights (which awe are also exercising in our condemnation of said leg breakers) to Nazis!!!?? Wow you get it don't you!?

He gets it.

Sep 13, 2016, 6:46 AM

There is nothing in our country that compels us to honor or respect our government, our military, our flag, or our anthem. And there never should be, because that's antithetical to our system of values. Advocating violence against those whose actions you disagree with is also antithetical to our system of values, although one wouldn't know it lately.

If you want to disagree, condemn, or show disgust for someone who refuses to follow patriotic traditions, that's fine. That's your right. Advocating violence or forced deportation is not your right. And mandatory patriotism is something that should be reserved for authoritarian governments and tyrannical regimes.

Freedom of speech means freedom from compelled speech.

Sep 13, 2016, 1:12 AM

Which is a higher calling - to show obligatory respect for the U.S. flag & the national anthem, or to respect the freedoms for which these things are purported to stand?

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,490
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic