Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's hard to let someone go...but when it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,033

It's hard to let someone go...but when it

Dec 16, 2019, 11:41 AM

Just isn't working out it is probably best for all involved.

Rarely am I engaged by basketball - just not my sport - but I do enjoy watching a game from time to time where we are competitive. Seems like there were more of those type of games under Oliver than Brad. Just my 2 cents worth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frankly, BB should have been fired after the 2015 season ***

Dec 16, 2019, 11:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Absolutely.***

Dec 16, 2019, 11:58 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

this a rebuilding decade***

Dec 16, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Frankly, BB should have been fired after the 2015 season *** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this a rebuilding decade***

Dec 16, 2019, 12:05 PM

They'be been rebuilding the Clemson basketball program since 1923.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe, but...

Dec 16, 2019, 12:09 PM

I don't think fans' expectations are unreasonable:

1) be competitive every year
2) give ratface and Roy heartburn from time to time

We are that much removed from entertaining and competitive basketball that we enjoyed and were proud of. It can be done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Frankly, BB should have been fired after the 2015 season

Dec 16, 2019, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Frankly, BB should have been fired after the 2015 season *** ]

What bothers me is he followed up the sweet 16 season with a dud last year when he had expecienced guards and a center. Went from a great and the tourney to another squandering talent year. I didnt expect much this year but this summer made you think well maybe they will surprise us. Yeah they have but not in the good way so far.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's amazing to me

Dec 16, 2019, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Frankly, BB should have been fired after the 2015 season *** ]

that you acknowledge the importance of administrative support, facilities, etc., but don't seem to care that Brownell has only had those things in place for the last few years.

Since those changes have *finally* been implemented, we have had one of our best seasons in program history, won 20 games two years in a row, and have signed one of our best recruiting classes over the past 30 years.

I feel that Brad deserves another year or two to see how he does with this more level playing field. If he doesn't produce, we will know for sure that he's the problem and should find a better coach. If he does produce, then hopefully you will acknowledge that he is a better coach than you gave him credit for.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

At the end of the day,

Dec 16, 2019, 12:47 PM

you are what your record says you are and while I appreciate you position, the best facilities in existence aren't going to make Brownell a better coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Frankly, BB should have been fired after the 2015 season ***

Dec 16, 2019, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Frankly, BB should have been fired after the 2015 season *** ]

You obviously don't understand what is going on behind the scenes like Judge Keller does.

Not getting to the tournament with KJ McDaniels and the

Dec 16, 2019, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Frankly, BB should have been fired after the 2015 season *** ]

team we had his junior year (2013-2014) was a disappointment.

I was ready for him to go then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's hard to let someone go...but when it

Dec 16, 2019, 12:14 PM

I agree about being competitive, but Oliver Purnell, IMO, just played a more up-tempo style of game. It was referred to as"Run and Gun".The team could run, but couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a sawed-off shotgun at 10 paces.

Oglesby wasn't afraid to launch from 60 paces...

Dec 16, 2019, 12:36 PM

but it was exciting to watch and we won

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,033
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic