Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The Dodd Report: Former Tiger gearing up for Combine and NFL Draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: The Dodd Report: Former Tiger gearing up for Combine and NFL Draft

Feb 16, 2016, 7:01 AM

The Dodd Report: Former Tiger gearing up for Combine and NFL Draft

Life has been a bit of blur for former Clemson defensive end Kevin Dodd since the National Championship Game in Glendale in early January, but the process is beginning to slow down as he puts the final touches on his game plan for the NFL Scouting Combine. Photo by Gary Vasquez / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Dodd Report: Former Tiger gearing up for Combine and NFL Draft

Feb 16, 2016, 7:13 AM

I agree that our players are in good hands. But I would have loved to see Dodd back one more season. But I wish him well and will be pulling for him.
GO TIGERS !!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Dodd Report: Former Tiger gearing up for Combine and NFL Draft

Feb 16, 2016, 12:12 PM

100% agree, it would have been really special to have had both of those DEs back for their final year wearing a Clemson uniform. I truly believe that their talent and ability would have reached another level with another year under coach Hobby's ability to teach the DE position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2016, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Dodd Report: Former Tiger gearing up for Combine and NFL Draft ]

Hey, his bio says he has graduated and has four letters. He has done everything that has been asked of him and the time is right for him to go to the next level. I for one hope nothing but the best for Kevin. They are all going to leave at some point and it's next man up.

Former player, Always a Tiger.***

Feb 16, 2016, 7:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 16, 2016, 8:14 AM

Dodd needed another year in college--now he is cramming --trying to catch up--watching films..come on, where has he been? The NFL won't wait on him. Hope he makes it..

Feb 16, 2016, 8:16 AM

Well he did win the last combine he attended.
GO TIGERS !!!

Feb 16, 2016, 8:31 AM

Well, he did--!

Feb 16, 2016, 6:22 PM

YEAH!! Stick to basketball.

nO dOUBT! Dodd will make it! He is 24 or almost anyway...

Feb 16, 2016, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Dodd Report: Former Tiger gearing up for Combine and NFL Draft ]

no time for another year in college!

Feb 16, 2016, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Dodd Report: Former Tiger gearing up for Combine and NFL Draft ]

He realizes something you don't. The NFL is a lot harder than college!

I'm really pulling for Dodd. He went to prep school before

Feb 16, 2016, 11:17 AM

getting to Clemson. He has been a model citizen since he has been in the program and he has improved vastly since he set foot on campus.

Re: I'm really pulling for Dodd. He went to prep school before

Feb 16, 2016, 1:23 PM

Your comment leads me to when we are recruiting talented players, the fans are continuously saying. If you want to play in the NFL, come to Clemson, the coaches at Clemson can get you to the NFL. All of this is true, Clemson has a great coaching staff that can coach guys with talent to the NFL. But when guys get overly anxious and leave early for the NFL, that great coaching they was suppose to get has taken a hit bc it wasn't completed. Personally I can't and won't defend them leaving early bc that last year under our coaching staff is very important to their development and their success. There is no way in h&ll or high water that their final year could have hurt their chances of entering the NFL, but that last year could and would have helped them out tremendously. An athlete is being coached their entire professional career. And even the NFL owners and coaches are continuously stating they even wish that college athletes would stay and get their last year of coaching, and especially the players that are being coached at Clemson bc our Clemson coaching staff are doing it the right way to the point that NFL coaches brag that Clemson players have been well coached. So why defend early departure when the 4th year that is offered only heightens their chances of making an NFL roster over other guys that left early declining their last year of getting more experience. The one thing that NFL owners and coaches are wishing for, that the entry level rookies had stayed in college and got their degree and their last year of FB experience. Check this out and ask why are college players in such a hurry to leave early and make less money, when money is the reason that they are claiming they are leaving early for in the first place. Anybody can suffer financially for the final year to have a better chance of succeeding and making it big after that year.

http://www.shmoop.com/careers/football-player/odds-of-hanging-on.html

Dodd was here four years, he's 1st rounder...Don't be greedy***

Feb 16, 2016, 4:03 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And he will graduate in May***

Feb 16, 2016, 4:07 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic