Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Forgivness is the giving, and so the receiving, of life."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 536

"Forgivness is the giving, and so the receiving, of life."

May 17, 2012, 10:07 AM

That's a quote from George MacDonald, a legendary Scottish minister and author. And I think some people on this site really need to familiarize themselves with it.

Best of luck to you, Mike Bellamy. Work hard, rededicate yourself to school, continue refining your game, love your family, always surround yourself with good people, and, regardless of whether or not you ever return to Clemson, have a wonderful life filled with countless blessings.

And thank you for choosing Clemson in the first place. You did so even with a plethora of other premiere offers and after we went 6-7 and were at our lowest point in 12 years. You are at a low point in your young life now, so I'll gladly return the faith you showed in us. God bless.

And big-time kudos to Travis Blanks for commenting on this matter not long after the news came out. Nice to see that an 18-year-old college freshman can exercise more maturity and poise than a ton of middle-aged, anonymous, amateur sports journalists on TNet. I appreciate Blanks more and more every time he writes or speaks.

That's my semi-rant for the day. TD ninjas, I await your wrath. Have a wonderful day, everybody. As always, GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Re: "Forgivness is the giving, and so the receiving, of life."

May 17, 2012, 10:59 AM

This "forgivness" thing is what concerns me the most about many of the 'holy' people I have come in contact with over the years. I think the attitude of many is ... do what you want in life but be sure and go to church sunday and ask for forgivness. Otherwise you will end up in Hades! Wish I had all the money my Baptist partners have screwed me out of over the last thirty years. We could have a real tigernet party with plenty of holy water!

Re: "Forgivness is the giving, and so the receiving, of life."

May 17, 2012, 11:03 AM

Just to be sure you know, it's not just Baptists. And some folks join churches like they do golf clubs.......

Are you in the construction/building industry? Sounds very..

May 17, 2012, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: "Forgivness is the giving, and so the receiving, of life." ]

familiar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you in the construction/building industry? Sounds very..

May 17, 2012, 11:07 AM

I thing the problem has no boundaries as far as industry is concerned. There are crooks posing as 'holy men' everywhere. And, in a way, I am in the building industry. Or was until the powerful ones showed me what life is all about!

He was a plagiarist.

May 17, 2012, 11:05 AM

I'm sure The Christ said something about hating being equal to murder and therefore related the two some 2K years ago.

Of course He spoke the King's English before MacDonald from what I read.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He was a plagiarist.

May 17, 2012, 11:15 AM

Incidentally, as I recall, McDonald was considered a fantasy writer.

Indeed he was. Influenced guys like Mark Twain and Tolkien.

May 17, 2012, 1:45 PM

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Replies: 7
| visibility 536
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic