Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Forget the Football Team for a Second and Consider
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Forget the Football Team for a Second and Consider

Aug 10, 2020, 10:20 AM

the students. Once football is cancelled, you can bet your bottom dollar that no students will report to campus to live in dorms, go to class, support their teams, etc. The students will be stuck at home, going to school online, getting less of an education, and continuing to rely on mom and dad for everything. I feel so sorry for these students. None of this is fair to them, especially when it statistically doesn't affect their health any worse than the common cold.
Like I've said on here before, once the genie has been let out of the bottle, it's hard to put it back in.
The students of every age are the ones suffering the most from this culture of fear.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Re: Forget the Football Team for a Second and Consider

Aug 10, 2020, 11:08 AM

Pig, its very simple how this could have been avoided. Follow the science, wear a mask, distance, be patient on reopening and act like we are a country of us not me and have a leader. I dont buy your forecast since football is a bigger nut to crack than controlled campus. I hate loosing football after almost 60 years of yelling for the Tigers. We blew it and many on this site gave simple advice, "want football wear the #### mask" Hope for spring.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Forget the Football Team for a Second and Consider

Aug 10, 2020, 1:03 PM

ret... turn it back to politics. That always seems to happen. It's about the kids (of all ages). 17,000 kids were "lost" in SC school system during the shutdowns this year. If it happened in SC, I'm sure it happened in the other 50 states as well. How many more have to suffer before the schools are reopened?
Teachers are the ones that report child abuse (that's not happening). Schools are the ones that make sure the kids are fed (that's not happening). Teachers are the ones that educate the kids (and for so many that is not happening). Forget about politics and the election long enough to take care of the kids.

You had me until you said

Aug 10, 2020, 1:26 PM

"Teachers are the ones that report child abuse (that's not happening). Schools are the ones that make sure the kids are fed (that's not happening). Teachers are the ones that educate the kids (and for so many that is not happening). Forget about politics and the election long enough to take care of the kids."

That's a slap in the face to all responsible parents. Most parents are not abusing their children, they feed their children, clothe them, and raise them to be responsible adults by teaching life lessons.

In some cases parents even had to teach regular school subjects when their children's teachers were too lazy to have daily Zoom classes during the 'Rona 2020 party at the end of last school year.

What's really jacked up is that I received EBT cards for both of my high school children. The district applied on behalf of all students. What?!? Who is paying for all of this?

If you ask me, the best way to "take care of kids" is to stop acting like we can control a virus.

Edit: I cut up the EBT cards and threw them in the trash. I might be old school, but I felt insulted by the thought of having government assistance.

Message was edited by: laid-backtiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You had me until you said

Aug 10, 2020, 3:35 PM

Laid back... I wasn't talking about the responsible parents and families. I was talking about the families of the kids that are suffering. You are right, most parents will walk through fire for their kids, but unfortunately, not all parents are like that. I'm with you brother.

Re: Forget the Football Team for a Second and Consider***

Aug 10, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Forget the Football Team for a Second and Consider ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention the devastating impact on the city of Clemson

Aug 10, 2020, 11:10 AM

few students, no fans.... thats an economic disaster.

Re: Not to mention the devastating impact on the city of Clemson

Aug 10, 2020, 1:09 PM

mayor of tuscaloosa said it would cost them 2 billion. with a b.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2020, 2:23 PM

That's heavy.

Aug 10, 2020, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Not to mention the devastating impact on the city of Clemson ]

It's also inaccurate. The mayor already indicated that they made a mistake

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/06/the-real-impact-of-alabama-football-far-below-2-billion-still-significant.html

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic