Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What are the long forks for?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

What are the long forks for?

Oct 13, 2020, 3:26 PM

I have silverware (not to brag). It's a decent set I bought when I moved in to this hizzle. I have forks also. I use these a lot.

Well, I've lost a few over time. And by a few I mean like 10 out of 12. How you lose a fork? You get high enough and they just start going missing. I sweatergawd there's someone conspiring to steal my forks.

Anywho, recently I discovered that on the far left side of my flatware organizer thingy, there sit a set of neglected forks that are about 1/2 inch longer than the forks I've been using. How do you discover forks in a house you've lived in for almost 3 years? Still pondering that myself.

So, besides being my interim utensil of choice, what are the long forks for? I don't ever remember growing up with multiple sizes, but I could be forgetting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Longest fork is for main course.***

Oct 13, 2020, 3:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shorter forks for salads, longer forks for dinner.

Oct 13, 2020, 3:29 PM

HTH.

PS.

I hate longer forks and use shorter forks for everything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mrs G knows all about that, eh? ;)***

Oct 13, 2020, 3:31 PM

I like the long one's for Spaghetti!***

Oct 13, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Shorter forks for salads, longer forks for dinner. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just wait until/if you get married

Oct 13, 2020, 3:30 PM

You inherent/accumulate all sorts of silver ware and dishes that have no functional purpose. Entire sets of dishes people have not used for 3 generations. Our silverware probably consists of a dozen different sets mixed together, not counting the entire new set we got as a wedding gift.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do some shopping at discount stores and

Oct 13, 2020, 3:34 PM

am also amazed that you can buy a fork. Just 1. You can walk to the counter of Big Lots or Dollar General with 1 fork and then check out and go home and use that 1 fork. If you lose the fork on the way home, you have to go back and get another one.

I'd like to know. the psycopath in that focus group who suggested that they wouldn't be satisfied if they had to buy a whole set....4...heck, even 2 forks, together.

Insanity.

Maybe they're trying to quit using forks but just need

Oct 13, 2020, 3:40 PM

one more for their pasta? Kind of like the people who only buy one cigarette at a time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For when you get to the

Oct 13, 2020, 3:37 PM

Lips and budtwholes. Not the salads.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: What are the long forks for?

Oct 13, 2020, 3:38 PM

hth

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I knew there was one you in here

Oct 13, 2020, 3:59 PM

can set a table but don't know how to wear a ball cap. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Oct 13, 2020, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: What are the long forks for? ]

I miss those long teaspoons. I have two I found sorting through the family silver.

ice tea spoons.

Oct 13, 2020, 7:50 PM

pretty sure that's the proper name. I wonder if those came in yankee silverware sets.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand.....

Oct 13, 2020, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: What are the long forks for? ]

Whose wine, what wine where the hell did I dine?”

Heard originally Frampton had wanted to use fork but it didn’t rhyme with “dine”.

“Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand.....

Oct 13, 2020, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: What are the long forks for? ]

Whose wine, what wine where the hell did I dine?”

Heard originally Frampton had wanted to use fork but it didn’t rhyme with “dine”.

1st time I heard it.

Oct 13, 2020, 7:55 PM

I guess this was right after his Humble Pie stint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGczyG6-aAw

Long forks are for the adults

Oct 13, 2020, 3:43 PM

short forks are for the kids.

hth

I wonder why sporks never caught on

Oct 13, 2020, 3:51 PM

They're really the best of both worlds, and could save sea turtles somehow.

Because I'd rather pick up fork stuff with a spoon and eat

Oct 13, 2020, 3:53 PM

soup with a fork than use a spork for either.

Don't pick up #### with the weird fork side and only seem to stab you in the mouf when you use it like a spoon.

One utensil to do it all, though. A 2 in 1 solution to

Oct 13, 2020, 4:03 PM

stubborntigers problem, but you just want to #### on it because you hate sea turtles. Unbelievable.

If killing sea turtles keeps me from occasionally stabbing

Oct 13, 2020, 4:19 PM

my mouf the #### THOSE TURDLES

I have a titanium spork for backpacking

Oct 13, 2020, 5:55 PM [ in reply to I wonder why sporks never caught on ]

Has a can opener, bottle opener, serrated edge for cutting, real tines not those wide spork teeth, nice wide bowl for soup, weighs nothing

You come at it from the side with soup so you don’t get jabbbed. Pretty cool actually

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Salad fork. Goes to the far left. Smaller than the main

Oct 13, 2020, 4:17 PM

dinner fork, which you use on your plate.

Then there's a smaller dessert fork and spoon which sit above your plate, facing ideally opposite directions. Then you can have a very tiny cocktail fork (mainly for shrimp cocktails or calamari, etc.) which would actually be placed to the farthest left beyond your dinner fork and salad fork. Then you have a regular dinner spoon which sits on the right to the right of your steak or dinner knife. Then there are tea spoons which are long, but small, used for stirring ####. The big fat spoons are soup spoons.

That's about it for the silverware at a place setting. Don't get me started on serving pieces.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^look at Emily Post^***

Oct 13, 2020, 5:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

My grandmother would be so proud.***

Oct 13, 2020, 9:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Salad fork has the little notch in the tine

Oct 13, 2020, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Salad fork. Goes to the far left. Smaller than the main ]

the real fancy ones are kinda flat and fat

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I went the summer Governors school in Charleston way

Oct 13, 2020, 4:18 PM

back in '91, we had a formal dinner at the Omni one night - everyone was waiting for someone else to pick up the silverware, no one knew what to do with multiple forks...

Start on the outside and work your way in

Oct 13, 2020, 4:22 PM

just like with a woman

Oct 13, 2020, 4:54 PM

Do you have kids and how old?

My lazy ### teen would throw everything in the garbage when his mother made him clean his room. That included plates and silverware.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not have kids. But I did that once and got

Oct 13, 2020, 4:56 PM

caught by Mom. Never again!

Somebody didn't pay attention at Junior Cotillion....

Oct 14, 2020, 8:00 AM

stubborn_tiger®

Hilarious relative clip....

https://youtu.be/GAbJFXec774

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic