Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those who believe in evolution theories
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1,011

For those who believe in evolution theories

Apr 24, 2018, 4:41 PM

As a former nonbelieving sinner, allow me to explain my position on why I am now a believer in Christ. I studied world religious theologies for 11 years in depth. Many are easy to debunk and completely dismiss. The Bible which is the foundation of Christian theology is 100% unshakable. You cannot debunk the Bible because it is historically, morally, and prophetically accurate. There is even scientific value in the scriptures.

Tell me, if Christ isn't the true savior then why is He the only one attacked by people globally? Why isn't Islam, Buddhism, Baha'ism, Hinduism, or even Judaism attacked as much as the name of Christ? No other name is hated by the world than the Name of Christ.

If we weren't created by God, then why do we exist? There is too much evidence to suggest that not only were we created, but we were created with a purpose. If we are merely existing by pure accident, then our lives hold zero value. This would mean that your life is worthless, and that if someone kills another then it should be permitted. Why are we the only beings with a sense of right and wrong at natural birth? Why do we, as the only species created in the image of God, have a conscience and emotional feelings? When a chimpanzee kills another chimpanzee over a simple banana it feels no remorse for it's actions. Why do we as a species feel remorse when we wrong another human being? Please explain that. Please explain how evolution embeds the sense of right and wrong into the fibers of our genetic makeup. Evolution cannot do that, because evolution involves only the genetic mutation of one species into another, and that mutation has zero impact on emotions or social construct. BOOM! There never was a BIG BANG! In fact, there lies more evidence in a global flood than a BIG BANG.

Romans Chapter 2 tells us that the Law of God is written on the hearts of every man. It is so that we are without excuse. The Law of God isn't written in the hearts of any other species.

Romans2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Vi scok?***

Apr 24, 2018, 4:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder if she is still alive?***

Apr 25, 2018, 5:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yeah

Apr 25, 2018, 5:36 PM

Vi
vicarious tiger

Please prove that morality is embedded in humans

Apr 24, 2018, 4:46 PM

and not taught.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please prove that morality is embedded in humans

Apr 24, 2018, 4:52 PM

Morality is taught by humans therefore it was embedded in humans first hand. We are the only species that establishes laws of morality and civil social construct. Any other species that displays such is trained yet again by a human. When you scold your dog for pooping on the carpet he hangs his head and whines. If you merely cleaned the poop up, he doesn't even realize that he's done anything wrong. He has to be trained, but yet again it is human beings only doing the training.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

There seems to be some morality and civi social..

Apr 24, 2018, 5:09 PM

construct among certain animals out there. How about Killer Whale, Elephants, and some primates? Moreover, what do the laws of morality we make up matter or have anything to do with proving a God?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There seems to be some morality and civi social..

Apr 24, 2018, 6:35 PM

So when a lion kills an antelope or another lion, does it feel guilty? What about primates who are the closest species to the human race? They feel nothing when they kill one of their own for a mating partner. They feel zero remorse for their actions. Tell me, why do Atheist feel guilt when they murder another human being? Wouldn't that support Romans 2:15&16?

~Chesty Puller

Do you feel guilty when you eat beef or pork?

Apr 24, 2018, 6:57 PM

I doubt you do. I don't. Yeah lions are happy to eat too. That said, we aren't the only species to mourn though in certain situations. There are certain situations though where humans feel no remorse when they kill another human being. Sometimes it supposedly makes them happy.

elephants even have a ritual of sorts after a member of

Apr 25, 2018, 8:26 AM

their packs dies

Feeling guilt for horrible actions...

Apr 24, 2018, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: There seems to be some morality and civi social.. ]

Isn't some market that Christianity has cornered. That's existed for a long time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Please prove that morality is embedded in humans

Apr 24, 2018, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Please prove that morality is embedded in humans ]

"We are the only species that establishes laws of morality and civil social construct."

This statement actually gives credence to evolution. I recommend you read Johnathan Haidt's the Righteous Mind and see how morality and civil social constructs are a product of evolution. He proves it quite well.

Don't worry, he also shows why religion has been crucial to human survival and evolution.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You know after the whole Crosswinds thing, it's not that

Apr 24, 2018, 4:49 PM

surprising that you've been taken in by a group who has all the answers for the low, low cost of 10% of your take home salary.

All religions are attacked globally.

Apr 24, 2018, 4:49 PM

I think reason why Christianity is attacked more in the US though is because it is the most common religion of conservatives here. Liberals like to go after conservatives.

If weren't created by God they why do we exist? We have no idea, so we made up religion and God.

I don't mind Christians though. Christians in the US at this stage are pretty harmless imo.

Re: All religions are attacked globally.

Apr 24, 2018, 4:53 PM

Name a nation where Muslims, Jews, Buddhist, Hindus, or Baha'is are being slaughtered for simply believing in their faith.

~Chesty Puller

Re: All religions are attacked globally.

Apr 24, 2018, 5:00 PM

Christians are only slaughtered in certain areas because they are the minority. All the other religious cults that dominate those societies don't like being challenged. They want them to believe in their God or their form of religion. Kind of like you with yours, but you aren't violent. By the way, Muslims are getting slaughtered in various Buddhist areas now. It's been kind of big news. It's happening Myanmar now. The extreme Buddhists are slaughtering them there.

Forgot to add...

Apr 24, 2018, 5:05 PM

Muslims are killing other Muslim sects who believe differently. Hindus are killing Muslims. Muslims are killing Hindus. Muslims are killing atheists etc etc. There are extreme Christians in Africa killing gay people etc. Muslims killing Jews etc etc.

Jesus Christ you are ignorant.

Apr 25, 2018, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: All religions are attacked globally. ]

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/14/6700-rohingya-muslims-killed-in-attacks-in-myanmar-says-medecins-sans-frontieres

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/11/burma-buddhists-jailed-mob-attacks

http://thehill.com/opinion/international/351211-the-central-african-republic-is-indifferent-but-the-united-states-cant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_of_Shias_by_ISIL

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/mosul-sunni-residents-isis-collaboration-persecution-city-liberation-iraq-fighters-killed-massacres-a7839716.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Zoroastrians

By the way, Christianity spread under threat of death, among several other practical motivations.

You are swimming in an emotional sea of extreme fantasy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Atheism, agnosticism, and other religions...

Apr 24, 2018, 9:09 PM [ in reply to All religions are attacked globally. ]

Are far more attacked by Christianity in this nation than the other way around.

Re: For those who believe in evolution theories

Apr 24, 2018, 4:58 PM

Apr 24, 2018, 5:34 PM

I'm a Christian too. And I can venture a guess as to why Christians are attacked.

You illustrate it very well. Instead of gratitude for free grace you exude hostility and seem to suggest that only fools wouldn't believe what you believe.

I know a lot of atheists that are quite moral people. I do not judge those who disagree with my beliefs and I don't ridicule or demean other religions.

I don't see evolution as incompatible with creation, it is merely creation over time.

I also see the Big Bang as an apt description of the beginning of creation.

In my view the greatest threat to "Christianity" is Christians.

Apr 24, 2018, 6:30 PM

Felix2 said:

I'm a Christian too. And I can venture a guess as to why Christians are attacked.

You illustrate it very well. Instead of gratitude for free grace you exude hostility and seem to suggest that only fools wouldn't believe what you believe.

I know a lot of atheists that are quite moral people. I do not judge those who disagree with my beliefs and I don't ridicule or demean other religions.

I don't see evolution as incompatible with creation, it is merely creation over time.

In no way, did I ever attack anyone for their belief or lack there of. I presented my evidence to support the existence of God through my own personal experiences. Not sure how that attacked anyone else. Not sure how you even know me. The subject matter was on evolution, and the lack of evidence to support it. The subject objection was the existence of God found in everyone alive, and differences between the human species and all others. Again, please quote what you feel was condescending or attacking of anyone else. Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: ChestyPuller0311®

~Chesty Puller

When you say that non-Christians will burn

Apr 24, 2018, 7:12 PM

It really isn't loving. It's hateful. When will conservative Christians ever understand that? You are saying that anyone who doesn't believe what I believe is worthy of eternal damnation. That's as intolerant and offensive as it gets.

Re: When you say that non-Christians will burn

Apr 24, 2018, 7:20 PM

Ok. You didn't use "burn", but you did throw in judgement and perish.

people believe in hell because it comforts them

Apr 24, 2018, 8:36 PM [ in reply to When you say that non-Christians will burn ]

that's right. Otherwise they could never settle with the idea that a mass murderer and a sick child have the same fate after death.

So many religions speak of an afterlife where the bad are punished, it's as satisfying for humans to imagine punishment for the bad as it is to imagine eternal glory for the good.

And it was a concept...

Apr 24, 2018, 9:17 PM

Concocted and well-illustrated by the Catholic Church centuries ago to keep the masses in line with the Pope during Medieval Times, including kings and nobles.

Yep, not sure when they're going to figure out...

Apr 24, 2018, 9:16 PM [ in reply to When you say that non-Christians will burn ]

That telling people they're going to suffer for not sharing their beliefs is surefire way to make sure those people never share their beliefs.

It's illogical, it's condescending, and, really, it's lazy on their part in understanding their faith.

Apr 25, 2018, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: For those who believe in evolution theories ]

Felix2 said:

In no way, did I ever attack anyone for their belief or lack there of. I presented my evidence to support the existence of God through my own personal experiences. Not sure how that attacked anyone else. Not sure how you even know me. The subject matter was on evolution, and the lack of evidence to support it. The subject objection was the existence of God found in everyone alive, and differences between the human species and all others. Again, please quote what you feel was condescending or attacking of anyone else. Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: ChestyPuller0311®

This: " I studied world religious theologies for 11 years in depth. Many are easy to debunk and completely dismiss. The Bible which is the foundation of Christian theology is 100% unshakable. You cannot debunk the Bible because it is historically, morally, and prophetically accurate. There is even scientific value in the scriptures.

Tell me, if Christ isn't the true savior then why is He the only one attacked by people globally? Why isn't Islam, Buddhism, Baha'ism, Hinduism, or even Judaism attacked as much as the name of Christ? No other name is hated by the world than the Name of Christ."

Apr 25, 2018, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: For those who believe in evolution theories ]

There was no hostility in his post sweetie....

If you are going to bring up the Big Bang...

Apr 24, 2018, 5:42 PM

Can you please use "Bazinga!" instead of "BOOM!"? kthxbye

(one fun fact for you to chew on re: "The Big Bang," it's a theory first proposed by a Catholic Priest)

Re: If you are going to bring up the Big Bang...

Apr 24, 2018, 6:14 PM

This is a picture of the actual big bang. They were taken by....um, an angel. Yeah, angel took these photos...

Apr 24, 2018, 6:33 PM [ in reply to If you are going to bring up the Big Bang... ]

deweather said:

Can you please use "Bazinga!" instead of "BOOM!"? kthxbye

(one fun fact for you to chew on re: "The Big Bang," it's a theory first proposed by a Catholic Priest)

The Catholic Church has been on the wayward for a few centuries now. For crying out loud you have the Pope telling people that Atheist have no fear of going to hell. If that doesn't defy scripture then I don't know what does.

~Chesty Puller

Apr 24, 2018, 6:33 PM [ in reply to If you are going to bring up the Big Bang... ]

However, I will use Bazinga from now on.

~Chesty Puller

11 years of in-depth study and this is what you got?***

Apr 24, 2018, 7:52 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Apr 24, 2018, 8:00 PM

What about those of us who Believe in God but also believe in evolution?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not me, but what about....

Apr 24, 2018, 8:03 PM

the people that believe in evolution and god, but they don't believe in any organized religion?

"The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences

Apr 24, 2018, 8:34 PM

will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is there waiting for you"

There are questions no matter how deep you go into science or religion. I certainly don't think the universe is simple enough to be explained by the doctrine and dogma of 1 of the man-made religions, but it is impossible to gain all truth through science as well.

You know who is a dumb ###?

Apr 24, 2018, 9:04 PM

Me. Cause I'm actually going to respond to this.

1. 100 percent unshakeable? Bruh, the four different accounts of Christ's resurrection can't even get their story straight.

2. Get back to me on Noah's Ark and Exodus on that historical part. Show me the archaeological evidence to support your claim.

3. Christ is the only religion attacked globally? Even Judaism isn't attacked as much? Okay, P&R people, am I allowed to bring Hitler into this discussion? I am? Are you sure? Okay. Thanks. Chesty. Check out Hitler.

4. You've pretty much taken written, ancient text and said, "Ah ha! I believe what's written there and that means it's unshakeable proof! Ha ha!" You do, of course, see the problem in that logic, and you do realize that every single religion does the same thing, right?

I guess not.

5. This may be shocking but did you ever consider that God and evolution could go hand in hand?

6. "When a chimpanzee kills another chimpanzee over a simple banana it feels no remorse for it's actions." This describes roughly four percent of the human population.

7. Why the #### did I reply to this?

8. Hey man, you do you with what you want to believe. That's what makes our country great. I just hope you don't think your viewpoint should be pushed into our society, government, and way of life. If not, cheers.

Some may argue that Hitler didn't kill Jews because...

Apr 24, 2018, 9:08 PM

of their views on religion.

Regardless, they were targeted...

Apr 24, 2018, 9:12 PM

Chesty's point isn't really valid given world history. It's lazy research. Lots of religions have been attacked throughout history and still are.

Like the Rohingya

Apr 24, 2018, 9:44 PM

currently are in Myanmar for being ethnic Muslim. Being killed by what people usually think of as a peaceful religion in Buddhism.

Re: You know who is a dumb ###?

Apr 25, 2018, 8:28 AM [ in reply to You know who is a dumb ###? ]

1. The discrepancies in minor details are actually an argument for their credibility. What’s interesting is that people attack the gospels and say they were altered over the years....if that’s the case why wouldn’t they attempt to harmonize the resurrection accounts a little better?

2. There is a pretty good documentary on the evidence for the Exodus called Patterns of Evidence and plenty of scientist who believe there was a worldwide catastrophe like a flood in the not so distant past. The Bible has been proven to be true historically in many different parts.

Apr 25, 2018, 9:15 AM

I agree with you that discrepancies are not a big deal. Many of the contradictions that people like to point out are between the OT and NT (for instance when the OT established a rule that is contradicted in the NT). That's to be expected, as it would be silly for Jesus to have simply imposed rules that were exactly like those of the OT.

As for the flood, I don't believe a single credible scientist has ever presented solid evidence of a worldwide flood. There is evidence of massive regional floods greater than anything we've seen in modern times. There is also evidence that the Black Sea emptied thousands of years ago, giving way to lush farmland that attracted whole tribes of people. It's believed that as sea levels rose, the cork separating the Black and Mediterranean popped, so to speak, inundating the region in a matter of days. The people living there spread across the world and their flood story spread with them.

Apr 25, 2018, 2:12 PM

There was a documentary that just came out a few months ago with plenty of credible scientist who believe there is evidence for a world wide flood. It shows up in many different cultures going back thousands of years. Explain how this myth crossed so many cultures in ancient times....

Let's say, hypothetically, you're right.

Apr 25, 2018, 2:47 PM

There was a world-wide flood.

It doesn't change the fact that cramming two of every single species onto one ship was/is impossible.

Re: Let's say, hypothetically, you're right.

Apr 25, 2018, 3:36 PM

Not according to Ken Ham. Lol

Re: Let's say, hypothetically, you're right.

Apr 25, 2018, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Let's say, hypothetically, you're right. ]

For the record I'm not saying there was a world wide flood, I'm telling you there are "credible scientist" that believe there is evidence that a global catastrophe like a flood occurred. There is also a growing movement in molecular biology that believe the complexity of the cell points to a designer.

And I'm willing to accept the possibility of a global flood.

Apr 25, 2018, 4:09 PM

But I won't accept that it occurred in the time span the Bible claims nor that Noah's Ark was possible.

It also works illogically against the creation story in Genesis and God's supposed omnipotent powers.

Apr 25, 2018, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: You know who is a dumb ###? ]

You're gonna need to link me up to these credible scientists. And the reason there are flood stories is because people, until fairly recently in human history, lived along waterways. They flood.

Travel to every coastal community in the Eastern US and you'll hear stories about "the big one." Every community has experienced the big hurricane. It wasn't all the same hurricane.

Apr 25, 2018, 3:53 PM

You're gonna need to link me to some proof that there wasn't a flood. Jesus said it happened in Luke 17:27:

"Everybody kept on eating and drinking, men and women married, up to the very day Noah went into the ark and the Flood came and killed them all".

Apr 25, 2018, 4:00 PM

You want me to link you to proof that there wasn't a flood 5000 years ago?

Lol

Apr 25, 2018, 4:06 PM

Yes, and then I'll link you to proof there was....

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure you've stated that you are Christian....what Christ do you follow? The one I read about in my Bible references the Old Testament plenty and refers to it as literal history.

The burden of proof rests upon...

Apr 25, 2018, 4:08 PM

The person claiming something existed or occurred.

Re: The burden of proof rests upon...

Apr 25, 2018, 4:14 PM

Except when it comes to evolution....

No, that burden of proof...

Apr 26, 2018, 11:08 AM

Also rests on the scientists. And they have met it.

Apr 25, 2018, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: You know who is a dumb ###? ]

I didn't ask for proof there was. I asked for credible scientists claiming there was.

And like about half of Americans, I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God.

Apr 25, 2018, 4:18 PM

So how do you square the inspired words of Luke when he quoted Jesus in the verse above with your belief that there was no flood that destroyed the earth? I'm genuinely curious...

Apr 25, 2018, 4:38 PM

If you accept that some details of the story Jesus' ministry could have changed between them happening and them being described to authors like Luke without changing the important details, it is pretty easy to square.

I could easily ask how you square every word being literal with the fact that Luke was not a witness to those words being spoken.

Apr 25, 2018, 4:59 PM

I could understand that argument for minute details like how many people were present, the location of the event, etc....but the passage here was a direct reference to the Old Testament (of which there are many) and it's mentioned in Matthew's gospel as well.

Not to mention Paul, Peter, and James all referred to the creation account and many parts of the Old Testament as literal history in their letters as well.

"discrepancies in minor details are actually an argument for

Apr 25, 2018, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: You know who is a dumb ###? ]

their credibility."

I disagree; the details are normally where the story starts to unravel.

Ask any cop.

I'll give you one thing. The fact you have survived this

Apr 25, 2018, 11:01 AM

long is a huge problem for the idea of natural selection.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was going to answer some of this, and then I thought

Apr 25, 2018, 5:33 PM

Why bother?

You aren't changing my mind, and I'm not changing yours.

Replies: 61
| visibility 1,011
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic