Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those who attended the game thursday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

For those who attended the game thursday

Sep 22, 2013, 7:03 PM

Did you see a lot of youngsters at the game? There were none sitting in the section where I was. I did see several groups in the parking areas but very few at the game.. I suspect that the parents keep the kids away from the game because the language that I heard was not for youngsters. If I had a dollar for every time I heard the "F" word I could finance a trip to Syracuse! I told my NCSU son that I did not want my grandson going to anymore games at that excuse for a stadium. There is NO PLACE like Death Valley. I knew that before I went and now there is no doubt. I really appreciate our fan base every time I visit another university.

I had one State Alum tell me that there were actually some fans who occasionally came to the games a day early and roasted a pig! I asked him if he had ever been to a game in Clemson!!!! NCSU is a 'wannabe' who drive to excel the folks in Chapel Hill.That is SAD.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't really see any kids... but I think it had more to

Sep 22, 2013, 7:35 PM

do with being a school night than anything else.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: For those who attended the game thursday

Sep 22, 2013, 7:42 PM

Couldn't agree more... Never heard the F word more at any geographic location than I have at Carter-Finley over the past almost twenty years, and we've never been remotely close to the student section. We all love our Tigers, but just as I wouldn't take my eight year old to see an R-rated movie, I won't take her to C-F for to see a game for quite a while.

Sep 22, 2013, 7:45 PM

I heard a lot of f bombs, along with other bad language, booing and crying, and that was from season ticket holders, not the students. I have said for years that they are the NC equivilent of USuCk. Not only are they foul mouths, they know nothing about the rules of the game.

Unfortunately, the f bomb is part of most college kids ....

Sep 22, 2013, 7:50 PM

lexicon today-even at Clemson

Unfortunately, true ....***

Sep 22, 2013, 8:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It really is, even with the girls.., adverb, adjective, ....

Sep 22, 2013, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, the f bomb is part of most college kids .... ]

noun, verb, they use it in most every way ,...when I was in high school, guys just mostly used it in the locker rooms and the girls had to be really mad to use it , as I recall, but no more.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well I took my 9 year old twins

Sep 22, 2013, 8:03 PM

but no not a lot of kids in red.

The NCSU Fans Were Not Horrible But Were Trashmouth

Sep 22, 2013, 8:18 PM

I did see 2 Clemson fans get in trouble with the law up in section U for spilling their liquor all over some other Clemson fans. What a waste of Jack Daniels.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same thing happend right behind me at the end of half time

Sep 22, 2013, 8:21 PM

in sec 25

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh you were right up there with me then.... those 2 were

Sep 22, 2013, 10:22 PM [ in reply to The NCSU Fans Were Not Horrible But Were Trashmouth ]

in the row behind me. spilled on me once, the 2nd time on my seat neighbor....

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

I'm not above ringer another's shirt out...

Sep 22, 2013, 10:24 PM

I've been watching Survivor Man

Sep 22, 2013, 9:34 PM

After the td that got called back for stepping out of bounds, a state fan (male) was so upset he called clemson and all their fans cheaters. He then followed that by telling my girlfriend she was a b...h and he was gonna punch her in the face. Needless to say that did not go over well with me or the two friends we came with (state fans). The law got involved and us four decided to just go. Never again. Had bad experiences past three games I have been there and this takes the cake.

Wow, that's messed up.

Sep 22, 2013, 9:37 PM

Not sure I could've stopped myself from pulling an Isiah Battle on him. Would've definitely been worth it.

Sep 22, 2013, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: For those who attended the game thursday ]

Shoot an email to Debbie Yow.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You can't spell PENIS without ESPN!!!"

Sep 22, 2013, 10:14 PM

I sat next to wolfpack fans and they were as polite as could be. The other clemson fans around me were the ones drinking to excess. Both NCSU and Clemson fans were loud as this game had a lot of energy.

Tailgating at Clemson is the best ever but State had a pretty good one going as well.

Sep 22, 2013, 10:30 PM

Yeah the language was pretty bad but I really think the lack of "youngsters" was due to the Thursday night game. Traded a couple jabs at some State fans on the way in but nothing rude. On the way in one dude said, "WVU scored again". I added, "we'll see what you're saying in a few hours". Saw him on the way out and he just put his head down and said "good game".

Had a good time, I like their stadium overall but NOTHING beats DV (or even comes close to it)!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There will be jerks in every fanbase at every tailgate

Sep 22, 2013, 10:49 PM

If you could see a population map of these jerks you'd notice a dense cluster in cootlumbia.

Guess I was fortunate. All the State people around us were

Sep 22, 2013, 10:53 PM

great. Had one guy come up right before kickoff and say "welcome to Carter Finley. I always go to games at Clemson and I get treated great down there. Good luck and enjoy the game."

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic