Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those trying to compare feaster to spiller
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,825

For those trying to compare feaster to spiller

May 18, 2015, 9:46 AM

I have been hearing that spiller had more make you miss. I want you to go back and check out spiller Jr hightlight. Spiller didn't get that until his senior senior and he really developed it at clemson. Jr tape to Jr tape and track time to track time hands down feaster is all around bigger faster stronger quicker, but the only question I have is will he continue to develop like spiller did. If so we will have something special.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

think not: best two Spiller runs ever for making guys miss

May 18, 2015, 10:07 AM

a great 82-yard run after pass from Proctor for TD against BC when he made about 8 guys miss, and

the all-time great 50 yard run after pass from Proctor for a TD against Ga Tech,

where he simply embarrassed two kids w"without even getting touched".

Here's the latter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFIT-3gcAR8

Check the memory banks next time before putting out opinion. Facts make better character references.

my bad: point was, these are both Spiller's freshman year***

May 18, 2015, 10:14 AM

Re: my bad: point was, these are both Spiller's freshman year***

May 18, 2015, 10:59 AM

Hahaha glad you caught that so I didn't have to reply.

?? disagree with you: Spiller didn't "develop" this talent

May 18, 2015, 11:17 AM

at Clemson. No one "taught" that.

Kid walked on to campus with it, and graced us with his presence for 4 years. Most of us that have been watching football for 40+ years or more have the good sense to - metaphorically, at least - simply leave our jaws on the floor when it comes to that kid.

Now I am sure that Mr. Feaster is going to be a "monster" back in his own right,

but I don't understand the need to slop out opinions about how a Junior is high school is gonna make us all forget a NFL-1000 yard rusher.

If you've got an opinion, good - there's just no need to denigrate someone with Spiller's accomplishments while you're at it.

While very crude towards OP...I agree.

May 18, 2015, 12:51 PM

You can't learn what CJ did. You don't coach up a kid to have the down field vision that CJ had. I remember being in the stands and watching him MANY times run backwards to go forwards and shaking 10 or so tackles before hitting open field. Feaster seems like he is going to be more of a "truck over people" type of back. COMPLETELY ok with that.

No comparison, but both will be remembered for a while as long as Feaster stays healthy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Re: ?? disagree with you: Spiller didn't "develop" this talent

May 18, 2015, 12:52 PM [ in reply to ?? disagree with you: Spiller didn't "develop" this talent ]

That's not at all what I said. I said if you compare spiller as a prospect after his Jr year in high school to feaster. Feaster is the better Prospect. Feaster could not get any better from this moment on or could continue to improve like spiller did.

yep - my apologies - went back and reread the OP,

May 18, 2015, 2:43 PM

and you didn't say the dreaded, "He'll be better than Spiller".

Absolutely my fault.

lol. That Ga Tech. catch and run

May 18, 2015, 12:26 PM [ in reply to think not: best two Spiller runs ever for making guys miss ]

is #1 on my "How the $#@! did he do that" Spiller highlight reel. That DB's hips and ankles are probably still giving him fits. lol.

what's the difference in his opinion and your opinion?***

May 18, 2015, 2:45 PM [ in reply to think not: best two Spiller runs ever for making guys miss ]

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

K Michael Hall...see ya!

May 18, 2015, 5:41 PM [ in reply to think not: best two Spiller runs ever for making guys miss ]

Kenny Scott...goodbye!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: For those trying to compare feaster to spiller

May 18, 2015, 10:08 AM

Feaster is something special. He is the total package, running and receiving. They guy is a true homerun threat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2015, 10:59 AM

No doubt how gifted Feaster is. It will be fun to watch to see if he is as good as CJ at the college level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2015, 12:16 PM

Feaster might have a violent Oline to run behind and will play for a better all-around team.
Imagine Spiller with a dominant line! Spiller's accomplishments are all the more spectacular considering his supporting cast.
Feaster will have an opportunity Spiller was never afforded.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Our best Oline in the past 10yrs was during Spiller's

May 18, 2015, 7:14 PM

Freshman year. Those guys were opening huge holes for Davis and Spiller. Next time your bored just watch some of the highlights during that year and notice how wide the running lanes were. I think it was Mike Patrick who made a quote during the 06 Clem vs GT game saying "you could drive a bus through that hole".

CJ is one of a kind.

May 18, 2015, 12:53 PM

Others can be compared to part of CJ's game but no one brings CJ's versatility.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its all in the work ethics!!

May 18, 2015, 2:57 PM

I've seen Spiller do things better than James Davis, I've seen AE do things better than Spiller. But ultimately I believe that a player who spends his time sharpening his knife cuts better ie. Mc Alexander even tho he's a corner his work ethic alone makes him a great. So with that, its up to Feaster to decide rather he wants to be great or just above average.

THIS, is his FRESHMAN year...don't listen. Just LOOK:

May 18, 2015, 3:07 PM

I have my own turrets moment but dayumn man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LBNA6kQWXA

Re: THIS, is his FRESHMAN year...don't listen. Just LOOK:

May 18, 2015, 6:36 PM

I was there at the games. Saying as of right now feaster is better his Jr of hs than spiller was. Feaster has a long way to go but I can see it.

I think we are both agreeing to the same point, but CJ

May 18, 2015, 6:42 PM

came out of the womb with that lateral move. I'm just being a tnet hair-splitter. Peer pressure. BTW, I think he'll be both Spiller and Mack. I've posted before about how intrigued I am with this one. He'd definitely deserve to wear no 34, even in the Pros. Just stay healthy and follow Dabo's wisdom. Done deal.

May 18, 2015, 4:32 PM

They can't be compared yet, Feaste is not even a seniorin HS yet. I just hope he stays healthy. If he stays healthy, he can be the greatest ever.

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,825
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic