Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you on here who like to demonize and blame young people
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,401

For those of you on here who like to demonize and blame young people

Aug 10, 2020, 9:05 PM

For everything wrong with the world (You know who you are).

What do you think About this drive to save the college football season being led almost exclusively by 18-22 year olds while the 50-somethings plus in charge have basically sat on their hands and kicked the can down the road to infinity?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of you on here who like to demonize and blame young people

Aug 10, 2020, 9:35 PM

Well I would say I would expect 18-22 year old football players to take an interest in saving the football season.

Aug 10, 2020, 9:41 PM

It's called M-O-N-E-Y. The 50 somethings got it. The 18-20s want it.

Aug 10, 2020, 10:06 PM

I do my part. I vote Republican. Its the Dems trying to shut down everything.

Aug 10, 2020, 10:44 PM

https://youtu.be/1ncAUFgTDq8

I'd say this graph probably tells a lot of the story...

Aug 10, 2020, 10:53 PM

You don't actually believe that to be real, do you...?

Aug 11, 2020, 2:24 AM

I didn't bother with sorting the age groups, but from 7/25-8/1 there were over 300 deaths in SC alone.

That graph is total BS.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My young, great Friend, I just turned 73 last

Aug 11, 2020, 7:03 AM

Wednesday, and frankly, I actually blame my own age group for the abysmal lack of leadership in our nation.

If I had my way, I'd put all of them...and I mean ALL of them out to pasture...and let our next generation take the leadership reins, while praying they do better.

Our present leadership across all the spectra of our lives has been practicing politics rather than statesmanship. Hence, I am embarrassed and insulted that our younger generations are having to endure this inexcusable failure for the American people.

My prejudice is not political: I roundly despise all of those currently in power...the Trumps, Bidens, Pelosis, McConnells, Schumers, Faucis, Gates etc., etc., etc....all of them, and rue the fact that both political parties failed to present better options for our people, while those in the medical, scientific and technological fields have engaged in politics (in my opinion.)

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty obtuse

Aug 11, 2020, 7:38 AM

The 50yr olds will get sued
Trevor will not
Tne media will turn on the 50 yr old
The media will just say trevor was a young, naive kid just trying to play football. It eqad up to the 50yr olds to do the right thing.

It is easy to talk when you have no accountability... that is why we have so many ESPN experts. Talk is cheap.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

TU with a caveat. Both perspectives have merit. Every ...

Aug 11, 2020, 7:59 AM

individual has a different risk tolerance that should be respected. It’s inappropriate and likely ineffective to try to force a change in risk tolerance upon a person. Advocating in a calm, rationale mode will be more productive.

As a 60 year old Boomer, I say let them play with absolutely the best precautions. I have suggested for several months this is the safest option for the players. I also recognize that there’s increased risk for coaches and support personnel _ but these folks are getting paid.

Conditions may change and require reassessment. For now, SPOT the BALL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,401
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic