Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you not at the game Saturday,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,845

For those of you not at the game Saturday,

Nov 19, 2018, 9:19 AM

the reverence, respect, and appreciation the entire crowd showed our military was quite impressive.
During the TV timeouts, a decorated veteran would be introduced and honored. As their story and accomplishments were announced, more and more people would stand to applaud and acknowledge their sacrifices and commitment.
During the halftime wreath laying and playing of Taps, the only noise from the fans was the muffled conversations that filtered in from behind the seats in the concessions area. I honestly did not hear a single word spoken the entire time by anyone around me. Everyone, absolutely everyone, stopped what they were doing in an honor of that moment and what it meant.
I couldn't be more proud to be a part of the Tiger fan base, Is there any way we could hold Military Appreciation Day when we host ATM? I know it's typically late in the season, but given the military history and tradition of our two schools, I think it might be nice to move it up to September this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of you not at the game Saturday,

Nov 19, 2018, 9:27 AM

Did they have the flyover of the F-15's or whichever jets they use? That was always my favorite thing! I always got a lump in my throat and eyes would tear up when they went roaring overhead. It felt like our military was reminding us that we can enjoy the game and know we were safe because they were watching over us!And the timimg was amazing! They would always come roaring in just as the Star Spangled Banner was coming to an end. WOW!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 9:38 AM

They did not fly over. Speculate maybe because it was a night game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 9:54 AM

Thats disappointing but understandable being night. Part of the thrill was catching sight of them in the distance and following them in until the thunder reverberated your bones!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: For those of you not at the game Saturday, ]

They did not because it was a night game, military has to justify the use of aircraft to do a flybye, there is almost always training done in conjunction with a flybye. The only thing anyone would have seen was the lights and heard the noise. While very cool and motivating the value is greatly diminished when you can't see the aircraft. Just an FYI.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 9:31 AM

Thanks. They showed a bit of it on tv and mentioned how well done it was. Clemson putting its best foot forward again as we've come to expect

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 9:38 AM

I am assuming one of the newly appeared "preachers" on a bullhorn outside the gate were the ones we heard talking during the pledge, invocation, national anthem and alma mater during pregame?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 10:01 AM

Obviously haven't seen all the military appreciation ceremonies that schools do but can't imagine anybody doing it better than Clemson. It is must see in my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,845
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic