Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you not around for the Danny Ford era
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

For those of you not around for the Danny Ford era

Oct 18, 2015, 7:51 PM

it was a lot like right now ! Offense is a little different but it is everywhere now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Danny's probably very very happy, very very proud.***

Oct 18, 2015, 8:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of you not around for the Danny Ford era

Oct 18, 2015, 8:03 PM

I thought our kicking game was better during the Danny Ford era. We recruited kickers from Ibrahim's soccer team and they could routinely kick it out of the end zone and 50 yard field goals were not uncommon. We also had booming punters (Dale Hatcher comes to mind) who were awesome at playing the field position game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: For those of you not around for the Danny Ford era

Oct 18, 2015, 9:05 PM

I saw a player with the name Igewbuike (pronounced eegway bweekay) on their jersey last weekend. Was not Clemson, of course, but made me think of the 80s.

Ford never had QBs that could pass like our recent QBs, did he? Generally it was run-run-pass. But our D was always outstanding!

Recall the UGA game in 198? at home. We were losing and punted to pin them deep. 80,000 people knew we were going to get a safety, and, ...we did it. Got the ball back and won (or was that the game that ended in a tie with the last two plays of the game being field goal attempts by both teams?). That must be the only time in college football history that has happened. UGA had Kevin Butler. Gosh, can't recall our kicker - was it Treadwell?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, we can expect major violations and probation?***

Oct 18, 2015, 8:06 PM

lol

Oct 18, 2015, 8:07 PM

we

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, Tommy Bowden Was No Charlie Pell***

Oct 18, 2015, 8:08 PM [ in reply to So, we can expect major violations and probation?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

The dumpster fire

Oct 18, 2015, 8:08 PM [ in reply to So, we can expect major violations and probation?*** ]

is thataway - down in Columbia.

its always amusing to hear from fans of a school

Oct 18, 2015, 8:18 PM [ in reply to So, we can expect major violations and probation?*** ]

who was put on probation before Clemson ever was, on probation since Clemson last was, and placed on NCAA probation more often than Clemson ever has been.

The truth is that usuck is the cheatingest university in this state...but they'll seldom bring that up

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: its always amusing to hear from fans of a school

Oct 18, 2015, 8:58 PM

Whitneygate involved a lot more money than anything that ever occurred at Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: So, we can expect major violations and probation?***

Oct 18, 2015, 8:23 PM [ in reply to So, we can expect major violations and probation?*** ]

NCAA Champs 81 - go fuq yourself

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

funny. But

Oct 18, 2015, 8:49 PM [ in reply to So, we can expect major violations and probation?*** ]

We just happened to be the lead car speeding in the race that year. The national media police, if memory serves, ABC, pulled us over

Coot ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^***

Oct 18, 2015, 8:59 PM [ in reply to So, we can expect major violations and probation?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 18, 2015, 8:59 PM [ in reply to So, we can expect major violations and probation?*** ]

Nope. But what the cluckers CAN EXPECT is an a$$ whooping of epic proportions delivered by the Tigers
and can only HOPE for one more win against the Citadel.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2015, 9:14 AM [ in reply to So, we can expect major violations and probation?*** ]

SC football. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ohhh boy. Hahahahahahahaha. Good one coot.

except for the Sunday coach's show

Oct 18, 2015, 8:12 PM

that thing has fallen off a cliff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was there throughout ... We're in a much better place now...

Oct 18, 2015, 8:39 PM

Dabo projects so much more positivity and commitment to personal development and responsibility to his players, the staff, the university, the state ... 80s were fun but this is really significantly prideful success.

Re: Was there throughout ... We're in a much better place now...

Oct 18, 2015, 8:54 PM

Ditto

I absolutely agree. Our program is at its best right now.***

Oct 18, 2015, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Was there throughout ... We're in a much better place now... ]

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

In my humble opinion

Oct 18, 2015, 8:59 PM

Clemson owes Danny Ford a huge debt of gratitude. Clemson Football has been forever changed by 3 awesome visionaries, Frank Howard, Danny Ford and Dabo Sweeney all of whom are from Alabama. Frank Howard had the audacity and "moly" to think Clemson was worthy to compete with anybody, Danny Ford's humble and straight forward style, "awe shucks" crazy like a fox prowess led us to the success that all teams sense have been measured. Then, Dabo Sweeney's vision, redefining the Clemson family, his never taking a backseat to anybody attitude and sheer love for his team and this, our University, will be the new standard that not just Clemson's future will be compared to but all of College football. For those that laughed and scoffed at "that team from the upstate" "cow college" with a "Cheerleader coach".... How you like us now? Yes, coots, I'm looking at you!

They ain't going to like us much in November...

Oct 18, 2015, 9:06 PM

When we hang 60+ points on their chicken butts. GO TIGERS!!!!!

Re: In my humble opinion

Oct 18, 2015, 9:07 PM [ in reply to In my humble opinion ]

Dabo is a great face for Clemson AND college football in general.
Danny was more old school chewing tobacco and not nearly as polished as Dabo. And Dabo is not so polished it's more genuine emotions you see from him. It's fresh.

1981 was my freshman year......

Oct 19, 2015, 8:44 AM

and I recall coming-off a 6-5 season in 1980, expectations for the 1981 season were pretty well tempered. No one had Clemson in their pre-season top 20. Even after the 13 - 3 win over defending National Champion Georgia at the end of September, there was still only a quiet confidence. By early November, Clemson was ranked 2nd in the nation, but it really wasn't until after the 10 - 8 win over North Carolina, who was ranked 8th in the nation at the time, that people really began talking out loud about the possibility of this team having a legitimate chance to not only run the table but to play for a National Championship. Ahhhh the days before the InterWeb.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dabo just needs a big wad of Levi Garrett or Red Man

Oct 19, 2015, 9:03 AM

Then it will be complete

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic