Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those complaining about not scoring more in the 2nd half
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

For those complaining about not scoring more in the 2nd half

Sep 22, 2016, 11:38 PM

Yes, we made some mistakes. Yes, Deshaun missed some throws. Yes, we could have executed better when we did have the ball in the second half. However, Tech possessed the ball for 17 minutes of the second half. There were just under 3 minute remaining in the game when Clemson began its last drive, which probably would have resulted in at least a FG, if not more likely another TD. So that's 17 out of 27 minutes in the second half that our offense was on the sideline before the last drive. It's kind of hard to score if you don't have the ball. And CDS even just admitted "we were pretty conservative on offense in the second half". 24 first downs and 10 for 18 on third downs is a huge positive. We will be fine on O.

Go tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CPJ would have tried to score even with 21 sec left.

Sep 22, 2016, 11:39 PM

He's a prick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

So, it's good then that we're not in the same level.***

Sep 22, 2016, 11:53 PM

Re: CPJ would have tried to score even with 21 sec left.

Sep 23, 2016, 1:12 AM [ in reply to CPJ would have tried to score even with 21 sec left. ]

He couldn't even look Dabo in the face when shaking hands at the end...what a loser, no wonder Walt worships him.

The more conservative we were in the 2nd half

Sep 23, 2016, 12:26 AM

The less film of the 'good stuff' Louisville has to watch. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The more conservative we were in the 2nd half

Sep 23, 2016, 6:50 AM

I really disagree I think it hurts timing or tempo. Film no after a series or two. You are who you are and the film doesn't lie. Clemson offense is way out of sync and Louisville as you saw against FSU will not let off the gas Petrino is trying to send a message to the ACC and the country that they're real. We're in for one touch game.

We should have at least found in the ball in at the end

Sep 23, 2016, 1:14 AM

Dabo is class but running scores up matters in the end

Re: We should have at least found in the ball in at the end

Sep 23, 2016, 3:07 AM

Unfortunately, you are correct to a point. We have to start demolishing and finishing teams. When we are lackadaisical in the 2nd half, even though we may be winning, we are only hurting ourselves in the long run. Because then we will be thought of as the team that can't finish. Which could hurt us when the committee gets to decide who's in the playoffs. Unfortunately, we don't get the same luxuries that bammer gets, they can do the same thing and it is seen as a good thing and they are world beaters. We do it, and we are criticized. Bottom line, a win is a win, but I hate the thoughts of not playing up to our potential, all the way around.

"thought of as a team that can't finish"

Sep 23, 2016, 5:07 AM

Doesn't finishing mean winning?

Clemson blew out one team last year, Miami. Idk why anyone expects Clemson to just come out and blow teams away. You gotta consider the other teams Clemson plays is talented and full of kids who couldn't care less about Clemson or any other team they are playing. They are trying to win too.

Getting a win in big time Division 1 football is a huge accomplishment. Anybody associated with it understands that, and the college football committee understands that.

Unless he meant not dropping into "Prevent D" and just

Sep 23, 2016, 5:32 AM

going conservative on O play calls....I.e. 4th quarter ND Iast year? That's what I thought when I read it, but agree with you if not. TU

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unless he meant not dropping into "Prevent D" and just

Sep 23, 2016, 5:44 AM

Yeah, maybe. But I can't think of a team with a 3 pocession lead that goes out and airs it out and risks interceptions or risking sacks on a drop back.

Every teams goal is to get the lead, build on the lead, and run the football. Kill the clock, do whatever you gotta do to win.

All of those things come with having the lead. Prevent D, running the ball, killing the clock. It drives you crazy to watch it sometimes, but when the clock hits 0 and you have the lead, it makes you look like a genius. I do agree that it let ND back in the game last year, but ND was also making plays. Those boys never quit, and ND usually recruits on a pretty high level and has some talent. But tonight, I felt like that game was in hand.

That ND game did scare the #### out of me tho. Still think about that game and how awesome the environment was

No ####, but I don't think I've ever agreed more with

Sep 23, 2016, 5:49 AM
IMG_0212.JPG(75.3 K)

everything anyone's said in a post until now. Well done sir! TU

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just one of those "dance with the one that brought you"

Sep 23, 2016, 5:51 AM

kinda deals sometimes it feels like.

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

Re: For those complaining about not scoring more in the 2nd half

Sep 23, 2016, 5:18 AM

Not used to seeing Watson miss open receivers. Short yardage O looked flat and unimpressive. O line not physical enough. Still seeing drops by Cain. No long passes hit. Another missed FG. Long way to go to match fluidity and focus of last season.

We beat them soundly.

Sep 23, 2016, 6:54 AM

My prediction was we'd win by 17-35 points. The minimum is just as good as the maximum.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic