Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For our edification let us put this to rest.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,452

For our edification let us put this to rest.

Dec 30, 2019, 7:31 AM

In response to the article regarding the 'pastor's' remarks on Dabo and several of our players saying 'First, all glory to God.

Isaiah 42:8
"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images."

1 Corinthians 1:27-31
"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord."

1 Corinthians 3:21
"Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;"

1 Corinthians 10:17-18, 31

"But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth . . . Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

2 Corinthians 4:5
"For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake."

2 Corinthians 10:17
"But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord."

Perhaps the following passage reveals the reason for the article.

Galatians 5:26 "Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another."

Galatians 6:14
"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world."

I think this one is probably Dabo's motivation for saying ' 'First, all the glory to God.'"

1 Thessalonians 2:6 "Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ."

James 1:17
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."

I understand why Dabo says "All glory to God."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For our edification let us put this to rest.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:16 AM

Does god NOT like the other football teams ???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing in the Bible indicates or suggest that God regards..

Dec 30, 2019, 9:29 AM

football teams. What folks are missing is God directive to His people to do all for the Glory of God, to serve masters with whole heartiness, not with eyes service as men pleasers.

If you apply that to the coaching staffs' and the players approach to discipline in the school classrooms you'll find most of the players graduating. We're on par with Duke and other academic elites.

https://clemsontigers.com/clemson-has-strong-graduation-success-rate-statistics/

When you apply that wholehearted approach to workouts, weight rooms, practices and film review you get a team that has worked its way to 29 in a row on the field.

God doesn't bless Clemson to win.

Galatians 6:7 "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

If you plant corn don't expect tomatoes to show up on the stalks and don't bother praying for rain, it will come.

This is common sense if you consider the economics of lifestyle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The people hating on Dabo don't know or care about scripture

Dec 30, 2019, 9:50 AM

They hate Dabo because they hate God and anybody who acknowledges him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,452
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic