Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why I think we win on Saturday...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 962

Why I think we win on Saturday...

Nov 27, 2013, 5:44 PM

Tajh Boyd. His legacy really depends on this game. He is the best QB we have had in 30 years, but his legacy will be tarnished if he can't claim even one win against SCAR. If he beats SCAR and is able to lead us on to a win in a BCS bowl, there is a legitimate argument he should be in the RoH.

He has basically had two weeks to prepare since I am sure we used a lot of the same gameplan from GT against The Citadel. That is an advantage SCAR has enjoyed for a few years, but we are now on even footing concerning end-of-year scheduling.

Couple what this game surely must mean to Boyd with our improved D, and I think we win this game. I think the extra week of prep time will really help us look better against SCAR.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree about his legacy but not sure he is "best" in 30yrs

Nov 27, 2013, 5:48 PM

Are u basing that on just stats?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I, Phillip, a small boy of twelve, lay exhausted, not knowing if I was sleeping or if I was daydreaming that I was sleeping. Gently I rocked back in forth in my hammock, a hammock woven out of the eyelashes of 1000 deer.

Considering he holds about every passing record

Nov 27, 2013, 5:52 PM

in the ACC, Stats have a lot to do with it.

out of curiosity, who would you say is the best in 30 years?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For me it is quality bowl wins so I go with

Nov 27, 2013, 6:00 PM

Rodney Williams

I, Phillip, a small boy of twelve, lay exhausted, not knowing if I was sleeping or if I was daydreaming that I was sleeping. Gently I rocked back in forth in my hammock, a hammock woven out of the eyelashes of 1000 deer.

Re: I agree about his legacy but not sure he is "best" in 30yrs

Nov 27, 2013, 5:53 PM [ in reply to I agree about his legacy but not sure he is "best" in 30yrs ]

Well, he has three back to back to back 10 win seasons. We have the opportunity to have 11 wins for the first time since 1981 (I realize the 12 game schedule is a new thing in college football, but this is still a big deal). He holds 51 school records. He has an ACC championship during his time as QB, something we hadn't won in 20 years.

I think he has a few ACC records. He was at the helm when we beat 3 top 25 teams in a row, which I think hadn't been done in the ACC before. He was at the helm when we beat two top 10 SEC teams in a row. Basically, if he beats SCAR and is able to lead us to a BCS win, I don't know what else he could possibly do here other than win a NC.

I guess you argue Steve Fuller was better, but that was over 30 years ago wasn't it?

Re: I agree about his legacy but not sure he is "best" in 30yrs

Nov 27, 2013, 5:57 PM

You could argue Rodney Williams, I guess.

Yeah but nostalgia is part of it too for me

Nov 27, 2013, 6:04 PM

what makes something the "best" is hard to define in this epic fail top ten world we live in.

Boyd has his best game this Saturday!

Nov 27, 2013, 6:06 PM

Because this team plays to what its capable of.

Re: Why I think we win on Saturday...

Nov 27, 2013, 6:15 PM

Just to play Devil's advocate, Spurrier could care less
about Boyd's legacy. He is more concerned with Connor finishing his career with out a loss at Willie B.
Also, Coastal gave the coots the chance to rest Mike
Davis, and Clowney.
Yes, the game means a lot to Boyd, but the coots could care less.
And they basically had the same week of prep time.

Replies: 8
| visibility 962
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic