Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For god's sake.........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

For god's sake.........

Aug 27, 2019, 10:21 PM

Direct tv=dish=cable..... all out-dated.

Obviously all of you have internet, start streaming like the rest of the world, and get the acc network on multiple services if you want.

Reading tigernet the last two weeks has been like listening to my parents trying to justify having a landline and a fax machine. Or watching them replace ink cartridges because they print out directions from mapquest (all 14 pages, just to get to Gatlinburg). Note: I gave them both smartphones for christmas, lol.

The technology exists to make your football season worry free. Embrace it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For god's sake.........

Aug 27, 2019, 10:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For those of us who live in God's country....

Aug 27, 2019, 10:32 PM

... in my case, on a mountain in western NC, my internet provider is Exede Satellite (formerly ViaSat). Streaming video over the internet is not an option. However, it is a sacrifice I gladly make to live where I do. (oBTW, the ACCN is on channel 612 on my DirecTV service, not to mention I have season tickets, also)

Lastly, those posts - like yours - are only annoying if you read them....

...the subject line is usually a good indicator of which ones to ignore.

hth?

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Also, with 3 kids and a mother in law living in the basement

Aug 27, 2019, 10:38 PM

only 3 simultaneous streams allowed wouldn't always fly on weekends with us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of us who live in God's country....

Aug 27, 2019, 10:56 PM [ in reply to For those of us who live in God's country.... ]

Yet you didn't ignore it. Typical AF, combative in everything except combat. Obviously you are an outlier in every sense to my point. Congrats on your mtn home...

Well, Mr. OP...you missed the point

Aug 28, 2019, 4:20 AM

Because you came riding in all 'high and mighty' on your horse ready to do combat with those who responded. Uncle Bill® was merely suggesting how you can avoid reading threads you find annoying. The others didn't discredit your advice, condescending though it was, yet explained why streaming wouldn't work.

All in all, your PSA efforts flunked because of you...not the readers.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2019, 4:37 AM [ in reply to Re: For those of us who live in God's country.... ]

Well maybe you could drop by my spot in Lot 5 and show me how to stream the ACCN........

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This sounds like a trap... ***

Aug 28, 2019, 6:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You sound bitter.***

Aug 28, 2019, 6:51 AM [ in reply to Re: For those of us who live in God's country.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: For those of us who live in God's country....***

Aug 28, 2019, 7:37 AM [ in reply to Re: For those of us who live in God's country.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Aug 28, 2019, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: For those of us who live in God's country.... ]

Sorry KeoweeIndians®, I guess the ‘annoying comment’ WAS a little harsh.

I certainly didn’t intend to stir up any inter-service animosity(s). But you still need to be careful criticizing or stereotyping folks. If you really knew what us cyber guys can do sitting at a keyboard, using the best network the nation can provide - while drinking a coke - then you wouldn’t say that we don’t ‘do combat’.

I would elaborate, but if I told you, we would have to kill you.... well, actually we would send someone to do that, because, you know, us AF guys don’t do that ‘up close and personal sort’ of combat!

Have a good one my friend!

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Aug 28, 2019, 9:04 PM

Call me if someone needs to get patched up.

Aug 27, 2019, 11:27 PM [ in reply to For those of us who live in God's country.... ]

Ditto for me! I can only get satellite internet, and it does not allow streaming due to the latency of the service. Those of us who like being in the country don't mind the inconvenience of the slow internet. I am doing good when I get 8 mbps, but the 340 latency stops all streaming (in other words, pausing every few seconds).

Some of us are as up to date as we can be, but that does not mean that we are able to do what you city folks can do! But we will not hold that against you...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been there and done that.

Aug 28, 2019, 4:43 AM [ in reply to For those of us who live in God's country.... ]

I loved Dayton Mtn, TN. It's just the edge of the cumberland plateau but the solitude is divine. Exede and DTV and I was rocking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you Uncle Bill for

Aug 28, 2019, 5:50 AM [ in reply to For those of us who live in God's country.... ]

pointing out that not all of us are urbanites. I too, gladly accept the fact that I cannot stream because of my location. My wi-if speed is a whopping 8 MBS. Only way to get more speed is via satellite. H e l l, I can’t even get cable where I am.....lol

Message was edited by: WS Tiger®

I have a magicjack phone service.

Aug 28, 2019, 4:41 AM

It's ~$30/yr and I have no cell phone. Now get the hail off my lawn! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2019, 5:20 AM

God is a proper noun when used that way and should be capitalized, especially when you think that’s who you are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2019, 6:19 AM

Who made you read or even go onto tiger net?If I see something I don’t care to read I ignore it

Aug 28, 2019, 9:00 PM

Your mom.

I love cable.

Aug 28, 2019, 6:44 AM

They added the ACCN without me having to do a thing. Someone from the cable company, who knew I was a Clemson fan, even called me to be sure I saw it was on. I know my repairman by name because we went to high school together, so if I ever need him, I just call him direct. My service never goes out because of a storm, and I don’t have issues if internet speeds are slow. I also get all the channels I want, don’t have to make any sacrifices in that department.

Go to a Sports Bar!! Check into a hotel/motel!

Aug 28, 2019, 7:01 AM

Don't take the wife and kids to the same one you take your girl/boy friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sound old...

Aug 28, 2019, 7:38 AM [ in reply to I love cable. ]

are you old?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

You are typical of the idiots that think everyone has

Aug 28, 2019, 7:02 AM

100 Mb internet available, and also live within a mile of a cell tower! I'm one of the lucky ones that live in a very rural area and still have 500 Mb internet service, although that just became available in the past year. Cell service is still pretty crappy, though that has been partially overcome with wi-fi calling, since I have true high speed internet.

So, get off your high horse and realize streaming is still NOT available to everyone!

the cordcutter snob is the new vegan/cyclist

Aug 28, 2019, 9:22 PM

they are better than you, and they make dang sure you know it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Found a way to stream via PTO hookup to boost

Aug 28, 2019, 7:17 AM

my satellite internet while reversing my download cap. Figure that City Boy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2019, 8:53 PM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic