Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For concerned Tiger fans, FB is obviously bigger than BB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

For concerned Tiger fans, FB is obviously bigger than BB

Mar 25, 2017, 11:05 AM

There is no comparison. But SC's journey to the Elite Eight is legit. Too many of these TNet posts on Gamecock Basketball look like sour grapes. Clemson Tigers are the 2016 Football National Champions. That can never be taken away.

So Gamecocks will likely lose this weekend but making the Elite 8 is something chicken fans should be excited about. For me, I will show some Tiger class and tip my hat and look to kick their tails again next year. Rivalries are one thing, but how many South Carolina families have one kid at Clemson and one at SC? More than you think. Hopefully Clemson's administration will eventually decide to compete by doing the most important thing - hiring the right coach. That is where it starts and ends. Littlejohn sells out when the BB team is competitive and interesting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For concerned Tiger fans, FB is obviously bigger than BB

Mar 25, 2017, 11:08 AM

South Carolina and Florida have met twice this year. Both having a win on their home court. South Carolina could easily win this game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2017, 11:14 AM

I agree. Its up to Clemson and the administration to make our basketball program a great program. You think Muschamp and the Carolina fans are happy getting beat 56-7 and seeing us win a national title. Watch the Xavier Thomas recruitment. It's getting sleazy on their part.

Mar 25, 2017, 11:18 AM

I also tip my hat to south Carolina. They have played pretty good basketball this tournament. They can play for the NC. They can beat Fla. and is Gonzaga really that strong? Xavier may take the Zags down tonight. I think the winner of Kansas, unc, and Kentucky will win it all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thing lined up for them by luck when the tournament

Mar 25, 2017, 11:30 AM

was moved to Greenville making it a home game with NC fans pulling for them as well.they would no beat Duke in NC & I think we would have won the Marquette game,but give it to the fans for traveling to NY to make that a home venue

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

Mar 25, 2017, 11:20 AM

Them winning the BB Championship isn't hurting us any. I have lots of friends that are Carolina fans; I'm happy for them.

Re: Agreed

Mar 25, 2017, 11:34 AM

Yes it is. We watch as other ACC schools make coaching changes and improve their basketball programs. We watch as schools across the country demand more in their programs. Yes it's obvious what a good coach in less time than Brownell has had can do with worse starting circumstances. What do we see from the administration at Clemson? A coach is rewarded for making one Big dance in seven years. He's rewarded for going 4-12 in an overrated ACC. Drad pats him on the back for mediocrity. Why can't Clemson basketball be a great program? A much more winning product on the floor brings the excitement back and fills Littlejohn.

Very well said.

Mar 25, 2017, 11:28 AM

Those who are downplaying the importance of basketball in the big picture, as well as downplaying the coots basketball success, are just offering up lame excuses for our own failure in that area, as the truth is not pleasant. Yes, football is much bigger and more important to me, but basketball is still huge. To suggest otherwise is like the third grade kid who offers up "That's okay, I didn't want to win anyway" when he gets beat.

The coots had a long sucka$$ stretch in basketball where, just like us, they were mired in mediocrity and total irrelevance. To their credit, they did something about it. I'm happy for my good coot friends. A little jealous, a little pi$$ed, but not so much as to not be able to offer up congrats.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Brownell's got three more years to get to the Tournament

Mar 25, 2017, 11:31 AM

or he is done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell's got three more years to get to the Tournament

Mar 25, 2017, 11:36 AM

Please be wrong. If he has three more years, no coach will won't this job. The rebuilding job will be too big.

Unless he gets sorta close in one of those three years.

Mar 25, 2017, 7:21 AM [ in reply to Brownell's got three more years to get to the Tournament ]

Then we have to give him another four. After all, this is Clemson, and we have no basketball tradition. Also no team from the state of South Carolina can get to the tournament, as there is zero HS talent here. And we could have a good player leave a year early. So dump the outrageously unrealistic expectations, and get comfortable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Unless he gets sorta close in one of those three years.

Mar 25, 2017, 11:48 AM

I hope making the NCAA tournament is a requirement for keeping his job. No more moral victories!

We have crossed that Rubicon.

Mar 25, 2017, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Unless he gets sorta close in one of those three years. ]

Unless we bring in a star in the making coach soon, we are a minimum 4 years away from being a good basketball team. The last three years and their decision early this week have confirmed their commitment to mediocrity. I would assume a similar commitment/sense of urgency with any replacement hire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have crossed that Rubicon.

Mar 25, 2017, 1:41 PM

By that time the other ACC programs will have gotten better along with our instate rival. Drad is not thinking long term.

I'm no basketball guru nor a South Carolina apologist,

Mar 25, 2017, 11:44 AM

however, that defense of theirs last night was something to see.

Should their Ladies win today, they'll have both in the Elite 8...some accomplishment for them.

Makes me hope that our efforts will be adjusted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2017, 12:00 PM

Agree completely. Coots that say we "stole" the NC again just look stupid. Making the elite 8 is a great accomplishment

Mar 25, 2017, 12:09 PM

Pffft, the only way the chicken curse works is if they taste a little success from time to time. they will rue the day.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic