Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Update: Clemson scores 103 in blowout of Dream Team Italy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Basketball Update: Clemson scores 103 in blowout of Dream Team Italy

Aug 12, 2013, 9:13 PM

Clemson scores 103 in blowout of Dream Team Italy

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For better or for worse, depending on what you think about

Aug 12, 2013, 9:17 PM

him, Harrison will be playing for us this year? I thought that was in limbo. And glad to see Coleman playing solid minutes. Go Tigers!

I actually think Harrison has a good year

Aug 12, 2013, 9:52 PM

they've revamped his shot, something they didn't want to do during the season last year. If he shoots better he proved last year he can contribute in other areas. You don't normally say it, but losing the 2, 4 year, seniors looks like it may be addition by subtraction. Far more athletic this year. Key will be, as usual, knocking down shots. We do, we'll surprise. Brownell has the reputation of developing players, that's the key this year. Roper looks like he's poised for a breakout year

I believe that Roper will go down as one of Clemson's best

Aug 12, 2013, 9:41 PM

when his four years are up. I have never seen such over achievement out of a CU bball player. To think about SCAR passing him up, and us almost passing him up makes me cringe.

If he were 6'3 he'd have been a 4* recruit

Aug 12, 2013, 9:54 PM

he's such an explosive athlete and scorer. Needs to show real improvement in his floor game this year, but I can easily see him as our leading scorer

Apparently Italians don't dream of basketball much.

Aug 12, 2013, 11:19 PM

Great to see some solid shooting though all around. Kids finding their groove together as a team overseas, taking care of business on the hardwood.

This could be a solid team this year. There's actually a lot of depth around on most fronts and Brownell's obviously out there bringing in the kind of kids he thinks he can work into his kind of ballplayers, the coachable. He's won everywhere he's been and he's on the verge of doing it here.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the type of TEAM we need---5 guys avg. around 12 ppg

Aug 12, 2013, 11:47 PM

There are 3 or 4 guys who have ability to rise up for 20 on occassion, but attacking the opponent from 5 positions with no true 'go to' guy makes for a much more difficult team to plan for.

Roper had 19 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists in 20 min?

Aug 13, 2013, 12:29 AM

Wow. I don't care if you're playing Hand Middle School, that's an accomplishment.

Good to see them dominating

Aug 13, 2013, 9:10 AM

My only worry is that Nnoko started but only played 15 minutes, I'd really like to see him getting more experience on the floor, especially with the two incoming bigs staying home.

Other than that I'm impressed. Everybody missed a bunch of 3s but I'm assuming most of those were taken when the game was already in hand.

Only stat they beat us in was FT%***

Aug 13, 2013, 9:13 AM

We were over 40% from 3

Aug 13, 2013, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Good to see them dominating ]

I'll take that all day long. And the FIBA 3 point line is deeper than the college line

Re: We were over 40% from 3

Aug 13, 2013, 1:49 PM

I think I must have been looking specifically at KJ and Harrison's numbers. I doubt we'll see KJ attempting a bunch of 3s in ACC play anyway, so no big deal.

With KJ playing 4 over there he's playing a position

Aug 13, 2013, 5:14 PM

he's never played before, which is good for him. He's had a ton of turnovers but that's misleading. In the game last night we were called for 14 traveling calls while Italy was called for 0, so, even with the home cookin' that team was way overmatched. I do think we'll see times this year we go small with KJ at 4 so the experience he's getting there will only help him. Overall this is such a good thing for this team. Only downside is that Djitte and Djambo couldn't make the trip and Blossomgame is still rehabbing

Can we really tell anything by these games?

Aug 13, 2013, 8:57 PM

hows the competition there?

A little-we are going to play a faster tempo and we

Aug 13, 2013, 9:59 PM

see that. We don't have 3 guys expected to contribute however so this isn't how we'll look come November. All in all though, a chance for these guys there to work together and live together for an extended time when other teams are unable to do anything. That cannot hurt

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic