Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For anyone that follows recruiting closely
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

For anyone that follows recruiting closely

Sep 20, 2015, 12:49 AM

how has Ole Miss's class ranking been the last 2 years?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson

high.. they've done well.***

Sep 20, 2015, 12:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: high.. they've done well.***

Sep 20, 2015, 12:52 AM

Yeah, really well for some reason

Sep 20, 2015, 12:55 AM

*rea$on

I abhor cheap posts like this. Sour grapes...

Sep 20, 2015, 1:12 AM

The same bs others posta about us when Clemson pulls good players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

except I believe they have been sent a letter

Sep 20, 2015, 1:15 AM

From the NCAA saying they care coming to town

Got a link?***

Sep 20, 2015, 1:18 AM

null

They had to hold a player out that possibly received illegal benefits..

Sep 20, 2015, 1:22 AM

If you google it, you can find it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So did he receive illegal benefits or is the kid still out?***

Sep 20, 2015, 1:24 AM

null

Re: They had to hold a player out that possibly received illegal benefits..

Sep 20, 2015, 2:08 AM [ in reply to They had to hold a player out that possibly received illegal benefits.. ]

But when you talk about something like that, you google it and paste the link. I think you're full of it

Laremy Tunsil

Sep 20, 2015, 1:25 AM [ in reply to Got a link?*** ]

Report: Ole Miss' Laremy Tunsil could miss several more games
By Tom Fornelli | Staff Writer
September 17, 2015 10:54 am ET

Ole Miss fans hoping to see Laremy Tunsil back on the field for the Rebels could be forced to wait a while.

According to a report from ESPN.com, Tunsil could miss "several" more games before returning to action. Tunsil has already sat out the first two games of the season for precautionary reasons as the NCAA investigates allegations that Tunsil violated NCAA rules. The report states that the sticking point at the moment is a loaner car Tunsil used.

Tunsil reportedly received a loaner car from Cannon Motors in Oxford, Mississippi, while his own car was in the repair shop. Tunsil reportedly held on to the loaner car for "an extended period of time" before returning it to the dealership, and the NCAA has deemed that as an extra benefit.

Cannon Motors is a corporate sponsor of Ole Miss' athletic department, and it's CEO, Michael Joe Cannon, is a former assistant coach at the school.

As for Tunsil, current NCAA rules dictate that a player sit out 30 percent of their games for receiving impermissible benefits greater than $700 in value. That would mean if Tunsil could be forced to miss at least four games, though it's also possible the NCAA could decide to add more to the suspension.

Laremy Tunsil could be forced to sit out at least four games. (USATSI)
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25305660/report-ole-miss-laremy-tunsil-could-miss-several-more-games

Fair enough.. I am no Ole Miss fan, I just get

Sep 20, 2015, 1:29 AM

tired of the everyone else is paying for players when we dont get them story line.

null

Re: Fair enough.. I am no Ole Miss fan, I just get

Sep 20, 2015, 1:31 AM

Well in our particular case Deechie was committed here with several of his teammates and best friends and then he about faces and goes to Ole Miss, was kind of sketchy.

Except his brother was there. Do you think Cal

Sep 20, 2015, 1:35 AM

payed Keenan Allen who loved Clemaon but his bro was already at Cal? Kim chee also said later on he was trying to get his teammates looks from colleges.

null

Re: Except his brother was there. Do you think Cal

Sep 20, 2015, 1:37 AM

So why did Mac Alexander come here if his brother went to another school?

Most of the time your friends are closer than your brother, especially when you are a few years apart.

Sep 20, 2015, 2:10 AM

Because everybody is the exact same, right?

Sep 20, 2015, 1:38 AM [ in reply to Except his brother was there. Do you think Cal ]

I actually do believe Nkemdiche really did like Clemson and wanted to be a Tiger...but his mother would not be convinced and for some reason she hated Clemson because Robert committed to us without her blessing. She pushed him out of Clemson.

Re: Fair enough.. I am no Ole Miss fan, I just get

Sep 20, 2015, 1:40 AM [ in reply to Fair enough.. I am no Ole Miss fan, I just get ]

We are not paying players lol

Re: I abhor cheap posts like this. Sour grapes...

Sep 20, 2015, 1:22 AM [ in reply to I abhor cheap posts like this. Sour grapes... ]

Except it's actually legit...Ole Miss is pretty well known for this kinda stuff and it's what cost us Nkemdiche.

Sep 20, 2015, 1:23 AM

Specifically, it's pretty #### easy to launder money overseas, especially in developing nations.

Sep 20, 2015, 1:26 AM

Take off the tin foil hat. They don't launder money overseas. Bagmen just use cash since it's untraceable. Everyone (including us) does it to some degree or another. I'd agree that some teams do it more than others though, and Ole Miss probably fits that bill.

Sep 20, 2015, 1:24 AM [ in reply to Re: I abhor cheap posts like this. Sour grapes... ]

All teams pay players

Sep 20, 2015, 1:28 AM

Didn't suppose to start until this year, some teams have had years head start

Sep 20, 2015, 1:23 AM [ in reply to I abhor cheap posts like this. Sour grapes... ]

People do claim that about us, but we've also at least had a good track record for pulling recruits. Ole Miss came out of nowhere and started pulling 5-stars like it was nothing...and they're also getting looked at by the NCAA:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25234405/ole-miss-offers-full-cooperation-to-ncaa-in-laremy-tunsil-investigation

I honestly don't think it's the end of the world. I think most teams (including us) do some shady stuff in one way or another, but some go further. Auburn and Ole Miss seem to fit that bill.

Sep 20, 2015, 1:27 AM

Tennessee does it to some degree but they're mostly relying on Butch Jones' pie-in-the-sky promises and negative recruiting. Any big southeastern school has their bagmen - yes, that includes us, but we are one of the cleanest programs currently. Bagmen don't play much of a role in Clemson's recruiting. Go down to LSU, Bama, FSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, any school like that...it's a big part of their success.

Sep 20, 2015, 1:30 AM

Really? So we're just the good ol "aw shucks" team, doing everything by the book? Tennessee is the one doing the "pie-in-the-sky" promises but we aren't? Bama, LSU, Auburn and FSU need to run bag men despite their incredible success but that's not part of our program?

Come on man, let's get real.

Sep 20, 2015, 1:46 AM

You must've misread what I was saying. By pie in the sky, I mean Tennessee sells kids a bill of good even moreso than Dabo - and then pulls their scholly when they think another recruit is better. Remember the Colburn kid who had a Louisville offer pulled? Tennessee did the same thing to a 4* DT. He also told Feaster during his visit that he wasn't recruiting any other backs, then BAM, they pick up a RB commitment within the next couple days.

Didn't say Clemson was clean, just said it's not as big a part as it is for other programs. Look at the kids we're mostly taking - bright kids, guys who are high character. Look at Wilkins. Everyone wanted him but if bagmen get involved with a case like his someone's gonna end up with violations. For most teams it's all about locking down nearby talent - think of the Auburn-Bama recruiting battles for in-state, Georgia, or Florida panhandle kids. They rely on the silent booster networks to keep the cash flowing and the coaches can absolutely claim no knowledge - they have no direct involvement, they just know that a kid is really interested in their school

Sep 20, 2015, 1:33 AM [ in reply to Re: I abhor cheap posts like this. Sour grapes... ]

We just lack the oil and fracking tycoon bagmen. Those are the biggest bags. Maybe we need to start giving scholarships to Saudi royals.

Sep 20, 2015, 1:35 AM

With oil prices back in the toilet, the black ops budget advantage may shift to Florida schools, where the bagman money comes from cocaine tycoons instead.

Sep 20, 2015, 1:24 AM [ in reply to I abhor cheap posts like this. Sour grapes... ]

Sep 20, 2015, 1:16 AM [ in reply to Re: high.. they've done well.*** ]

Yeah Just makes you wonder because they were a bottom feeder?

Kids like early playing time and hype. Hugh Freese

Sep 20, 2015, 1:21 AM

is a young enthusiastic coach. Put them all together with the SEC hype to sell and it makes perfect sense to me.
Again, Dabo did the same for Clemson. We weren't exactly world beaters for the last 20 years.

null

Re: For anyone that follows recruiting closely

Sep 20, 2015, 1:14 AM

Rea$on

Bagman or no...

Sep 20, 2015, 3:04 AM

getting players on campus is one thing. Translating that to wins is another. Hugh Freeze has done a tremendous job there and deserves credit.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic