Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
'85% of illegal drugs enter at our ports of entry.'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

'85% of illegal drugs enter at our ports of entry.'

Jul 15, 2019, 9:15 AM

Have you heard this? Have you given it any significant consideration? I think there are some interesting consideration within that number and some interesting questions to be considered.

"According to the numbers from U.S. Customs and Border Protection, agents seized more than 120,000 pounds of meth, heroine and cocaine in 2018 at legal ports of entry throughout the country. Less than 20,000 pounds of drugs were seized during illegal crossings of the border, or "between ports of entry," the report said..."

This is the dem talking point and the logic is corrupt. The subject of that statement is how much illegal drugs are seized when it should be the total of how much seized plus how much we miss. It's quite obvious that all illegal drugs are not caught since we have so many deaths from overdoses of illegal drugs.

Imo, it's quite reasonable to think that the 85/15 number has only one valid reason to be reported. It verifies that the searches and seizures at the ports of entry are that much more efficient in stopping illegal drugs than the miles and miles of open spots on the border.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/verify/verify-majority-of-illegal-drugs-entered-us-through-legal-ports-of-entry-not-over-open-border/85-31f6cdf0-25f8-4d80-a383-6e30251c957c

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: '85% of illegal drugs enter at our ports of entry.'

Jul 15, 2019, 9:21 AM

When moving a lot of weight they arent going to go to the middle of nowhere consistently.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not quite.

Jul 15, 2019, 9:51 AM

"A kilogram of fentanyl is purchased for approximately $6,000 and sold for approximately $1.6 million..."

Street value of a kilo of fentanyl is how much? So you're gonna say they wouldn't carry a backpack across the southern border because it might only be big enough to carry what, 5 keys worth 30 grand? Nah, we shouldn't be concerned with each carrier illegally crossing with 8 million dollars worth of dope.

We shouldn't be concerned that 40% of our border patrol is busy watching those we caught yesterday, transporting them to doctors and release points while the other 60% is being a welcome to the neighborhood committee.

https://www.affirmhealth.com/blog/word-on-the-street-fentanyl

Like they say, 85% of the illegal drugs we catch are caught at the ports of entry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not quite.

Jul 15, 2019, 10:54 AM

Here and there, but that is a small portion of it. Most of the fentanyl is coming from China anyway. Anyway, most of the drugs arent coming through the middle of nowhere in the desert.

That's faulty thinking.

Jul 15, 2019, 11:25 AM

Sorry to be so obstinate but knowing that ports of entry are more efficient at intercepting illegal drugs is not equal to knowing that most drugs come through ports of entry. In fact it only suggest that our ability to stop open border drug trafficking is weaker than our ability to stop it at ports of entry.

Notice I said 'suggest,' and not 'proves?' Just because all painters are drunks does not mean all drunks are painters.

Re: That's faulty thinking.

Jul 15, 2019, 11:31 AM

Its not just ports of entry, but its in the major border towns with tunnels, and then even with subs, etc. You never here about big busts in the middle of the desert though. There's a reason why the big busts arent in the middle of nowhere, because that's not how they do it generally. The cartels are trying to move a lot of weight.

Yes, and that means they'd need major distractions...

Jul 15, 2019, 11:34 AM

at the open borders to move a ton of dope. Say, 100,000 people being caught and process each month would do it?

Re: Yes, and that means they'd need major distractions...

Jul 15, 2019, 11:41 AM

You're just guessing and you are wrong. They dont need major distractions at the border. They dont need any distratctions. It is hidden.

Yes, I'm delusional for thinking...

Jul 15, 2019, 11:45 AM

that there's no way our border patrol can find illegal transport points if they are busy baby sitting 100K illegals a month. You've had more logical arguments in the past.

Re: Yes, I'm delusional for thinking...

Jul 15, 2019, 11:53 AM

I just know how it works. You dont. We know through how people are getting busted and where we are aprehending the drugs. You want your imaginary situation with immigrants to be accurate and the common way. Its not. FYI

Re: Yes, and that means they'd need major distractions...

Jul 16, 2019, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Yes, and that means they'd need major distractions... ]

This is correct, and it’s been documented. By overwhelming the border with migrants our border patrol is constantly preoccupied with processing duties and endless paperwork/red tape, creating the perfect diversion. The cartel is a multi billion dollar operation. This is no sweat for them.

Re: Not quite.

Jul 16, 2019, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Not quite. ]

True, it’s made in China, but moved across our southern border.

For all we know 95% of drugs come from Uranus

Jul 15, 2019, 9:41 AM

https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2018-07/DIR-040-17_2017-NDTA.pdf

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe this should get the conversation pointed

Jul 15, 2019, 9:44 AM

in the right direction

https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadelphia-cbp-agents-seize-ship-owned-by-jpmorgan-chase-after-1-3-billion-20-tons-of-cocaine-found-on-board

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that figures in the 85% we seize.

Jul 15, 2019, 9:54 AM

It's like the guy said, it isn't the people you save from drowning it's the ones who drown that count most.

Re: I think that figures in the 85% we seize.

Jul 15, 2019, 10:45 AM

wall seems like a gigantic waste of money. We could build 100 schools for every 10 billion spent on a wall.

maybe we could just pay the teachers more rather than

Jul 15, 2019, 11:06 AM

building schools to have teacher shortages

Re: maybe we could just pay the teachers more rather than

Jul 16, 2019, 10:07 PM

I am all for that, just making a point.

Even if I was against building walls I'd still want to...

Jul 15, 2019, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: I think that figures in the 85% we seize. ]

stop 100K illegals from seeking asylum each month due to America's asylum laws being so soft. Why? For a variety of reasons one of which is the topic of this thread. I suspect cartels are using illegal crossing to distract border patrol and keep them busy with 100K illegals while they sneak those backpacks with dope across.

With our immigration law fixed to turn border jumpers around they would soon be discouraged and the patrol could monitor a wall. A wall would be the closest to a one time investment we could make. Without a wall the border patrol would have to be expanded to make it able to stop illegal crossing of drugs.

I agree, right now the wall is just a part of the solution and will not be sufficient to solve the problem alone but it would help. It would slow the illegals getting a foot on American soil and claiming constitutional rights to our legal system.

Re: Even if I was against building walls I'd still want to...

Jul 15, 2019, 11:22 AM

The cartels dont need to use those people to sneak dope. Thats now how it is working generally. They charge those people 3 to 8k each to get here.

Again, you are equating unequals.

Jul 15, 2019, 11:32 AM

It makes it easier for drug cartels to cross and they get to profit from human trafficking at the same time. I'm guessing the 8K price includes a rent-a-child. I wonder if they require a deposit and if it's refundable when you turn the child back in?

Re: Again, you are equating unequals.

Jul 15, 2019, 11:49 AM

On that note, those people usually dont pay them up front. They have to get jobs in the US and then send the money back. If they don't their families are in danger. If they get caught in the USA and deported, they still owe the money. They are pretty desperate for it all to work. I bet the cartles in some ways are hoping for the asylum laws to change, so that more people will need to sneak across illegally without asking for asylum.

I'm fully aware of how it works.

Jul 15, 2019, 6:41 PM

You are mistaken if you think otherwise. I worked with hundreds of mexicans over the years. Many of them and I became friends. Some of them moved from project to project with me and were as faithful, honest and dependable as anyone I ever worked with.

Have you noticed how few illegals are living on the streets? That isn't an accident and finding a job is never difficult. They have full support services including gov benefits which are being taken and used by those who they are contracted to.

It's much more like slavery than asylum. In fact, the only safe space many of them ever have or had in their lives is our detention centers at the borders.

Anyone thinking I have hate for these people is so very, very wrong.

Re: Even if I was against building walls I'd still want to...

Jul 16, 2019, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Even if I was against building walls I'd still want to... ]

True, they have the CIA (same thing actually). Remember when the CIA plane carrying 4 tons of cocaine crashed in the Yucatán ( that’s in Mexico). Of course Trump’s kind of buttoned up Mexico now. Anyway, Puerto Rico is the new coke hotspot, or was. Trump’s been paying a lot of attention to that 3rd world corrupt shlthole too.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-pr/pr/twelve-current-and-former-tsa-and-airport-employees-indicted-smuggling-approximatley-20

meth is going to replace heroin over the course

Jul 15, 2019, 10:58 AM

of the next few years.

it's already being shipped over and basically given away to create the addiction before it turns into a larger profit center

Re: meth is going to replace heroin over the course

Jul 15, 2019, 11:01 AM

I dont think so. Meth has been around forever and is easy to get. Heroin is booming. The opiate addicts switch to heroin, especially now that the pill mills are all getting wiped out. Very few left.

that's an observation from a friend who is a Fed and

Jul 15, 2019, 11:05 AM

watches cartels for a living

he told me years ago we'd see a rise in heroin and it would even happen in perfect little yuppy towns like Mount Pleasant.

he was right that time and so I am believing him again.

Re: that's an observation from a friend who is a Fed and

Jul 15, 2019, 11:11 AM

Where I live here in South Florida it is generally heroin that is booming. I am drinking friends with a few cops. I cant comment on SC, because I dont know. We had so many pill mills here in Fla that "everyone" became addicted. They closed them down and the heroin seen exploded. Thats what's going on here at the moment. In places like Oregon and Washington it is meth though and has been forever. Every small town in those states is filled with meth heads.

that’s kinda his point

Jul 15, 2019, 11:39 AM

Heroin is now and the next big wave will be the meth. It won’t happen over night.

These guys run an extremely well oiled machine and they are already looking into the future. It’s like R and D for a regular company.

You are both right.

Jul 15, 2019, 11:48 AM

Your officer friend is into more than pissing on fires to put them out after they happen. It's exciting but heroin/fentanyl is the fire that's burning brightest right now so Carlsbad is correct too.

I'm thinking most people who had their pain meds cut...

Jul 15, 2019, 11:43 AM [ in reply to meth is going to replace heroin over the course ]

Gov pressured doctors and drug manufacturers/suppliers to slow the supply of pain meds. Many of those addicted to synthetic opioids turned to illegal supplies. Pill, heroin and fentanyl are major choices.

Meth is another problem and most meth is coming from domestic production and across the southern border. No one complains when a trailer park is raided and a meth lab is busted but it's immoral to want a wall to slow the importing of meth across the southern border.

This is all confounding to me.

Demand creates big money opportunity. No security ...

Jul 15, 2019, 12:26 PM

enhancement will significantly stop the supply.

Not easy but reducing demand is directionally tge right approach.

Interestingly the pharmaceutical industry created much of the demand.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Between the drug manufacturers, doctors and government...

Jul 16, 2019, 10:09 AM

you couldn't have scripted a more effective plan to get America using illegal drugs. First drug companies develop a most powerful prescription pain killers which is then approved by the government. Then doctors happily pass out pills to show their patients that they care about their pain, many of which are much stronger than needed.

Then government becomes aware of the problem and imposes limits on numbers of refills on those prescriptions which doctors see as a way to make a quick buck by scheduling patients more frequent visits. Then government really cracks down on the problem they helped along so well in the past by putting more limits on the pain meds which causes the addicted to turn to street drugs to feed the dragon.

It's as if the drug cartels planned the entire thing. I hate it personally because my oldest son was prescribed loratab by a doctor when he was nine years old. He had an ear problem which the doctor never discovered because of a funky shaped ear canal. After years of visits and pill the kid ended up in a particular ENT's office who was familiar with that certain shape of ear canal and tried to fix the destroyed ear drumb. Now the boy is functionally deaf.

Disclaimer: I do not think this was a plot or that anyone in government or healthcare intended to promote this problem but everyone involved did take advantage of the problem for politics and greed.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic