Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all the dawg trolls who frequent our board think before you post on a Clemson board.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 3,134

For all the dawg trolls who frequent our board think before you post on a Clemson board.

Jul 23, 2017, 10:24 AM

Kirby Smart is recruiting well. Les Miles, Butch Jones, Will Mischamp (@ Florida), Mark Richt, Kevin Sumlin and Hugh Freeze. All of them have switched jobs, are on the hot seat or are out a job altogether. Winning recruiting battles does not necessarily mean you win on the field.

Now let's look at what Swinney has done. Swinney's classes on average are not better than Georgia's on paper yet he has accomplished more. Either Saban or Meyer have had the top ranked classes for years. Swinney has not had a single #1 class yet he beat a team that had multiple #1 classes for the national championship. And oh by the way Meyer is 0-2 against Swinney including a shutout in the playoffs last year. A first for Meyer and the only time since like 1992 that OSU has been shut out. It is clear that Swinney did more with less. That has not been the case at Georgia. And if you think Clemson was DW4 and that's about it the NFL disagrees with you. We have a lot of guys off of those teams in the NFL right now. Georgia has a lot of guys in the league as well but won no championships with them. Again underachieving with great talent.

Before you say that Dabo couldn't win a championship without Watson think about what you're saying. It's like saying the Patriots don't win all those Super Bowls without Tom Brady. It's a stupid lame duck argument. These guys have to play somewhere. Great coaches build their organizations by getting their people so just put a sock in it. Dabo and Clemson got Watson.

Recruiting is one of the first steps to building a program. Congratulations you are taking it but it's a step Georgia has taken for years so it's nothing new. I will say that you had better hope your program is doing things the right way or it will come back and bite you. Kirby may end up being a great coach and win big in Athens but only time will tell. I'm less than impressed after year 1 but it also took Swinney a couple of years. I'll give you that but you trolling our board right now would be as stupid as a Clemson fan trolling your board in 2011. At that point Dabo had done little more than recruit at high level. Kirby has done nothing as a coach except recruit well. However I have pointed out that recruiting top classes doesn't necessarily win championships. I don't waste my time trolling your board. Don't waste your time trolling ours. If you want to have civil discussions about football like some other guys who come on here that's fine but you are in no place to come on here and say dumb things like "Kirby gonna Kirby." Kirby has done nothing on the field yet. Also consider this: Muschamp is national championship DC who had insane recruiting classes at Florida. How did that work out?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirby's not even a proven DC

Jul 23, 2017, 10:43 AM

Hiring a DC from Saban is like hiring an OC from Gus. They have a title for $$$$ sake,otherwise its their HC's running those particular units and the OC/DC calling what they're told to call on Gameday.e
As far as this last weekend,let those that think it's a victory celebrate,they gonna mess up that underwear because Clemson will get Official visits from evryone of the no shows.

Let's see, there were only 3 no shows

Henry and Ross had other commitments this weekend.

Carman never said he would be here. In fact weeks ago when an OSU reporter said that where ever Carman showed up on the 21st would be his destination ,he was quick to squash that story

Now for the 3 that were suppose to show.

Cook, family tragedy ,Prayers should be said for him and his family

Salyer car trouble, it happens.

Hill,forgot date , it wasn't him that forgot but someone whom he wanted to make the trip with did ,so he called the coaches.

Each and every single one of those listed above(plus more) will make officials to Clemson with their Families between Sep and Feb.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.

Jul 23, 2017, 10:48 AM

Thanks for adding to my point. I wasn't even going to touch that.

Re: Kirby's not even a proven DC

Jul 23, 2017, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Kirby's not even a proven DC ]

I know a head coach that's proven he's not a head coach. Boom.....

Didn't stop the coots from hiring him though. ??

Re: Kirby's not even a proven DC

Jul 23, 2017, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Kirby's not even a proven DC ]

Solid points! To David Hood and the recruiting people on here, has Smart made it tougher on us in Georgia? I'm thinking the 2019 class . Had the hiring of better coaches in Florida made our task tougher? Are opposing coaches using outright lies and yes buying players? On the buying of players, I'm thinking Georgia and Auburn. Do we have to win another natty soon to get these kids respect? It seems that schools like FSU or Alabama get the benefit of the doubt when key players leave the program.

Re: For all the dawg trolls who frequent our board think before you post on a Clemson board.

Jul 23, 2017, 10:48 AM

Kirby got a lot of undue respect while working for Saban . His defenses were very good , and he had a ton of top flite talent to work through .
However , Nick Saban is the defensive mastermind on the Alabama sidelines ...same when he was at LSU .
Kirby parlayed it into a great gig at Athens but his first year showed that he may have a long way to go to show that he can do the head coaching thing .
Winning 8 games a yr at UGA isn't a recipe for longevity .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: For all the dawg trolls who frequent our board think before you post on a Clemson board.

Jul 23, 2017, 11:39 AM

> Kirby got a lot of undue respect while working for
> Saban . His defenses were very good , and he had a
> ton of top flite talent to work through .
> However , Nick Saban is the defensive mastermind on
> the Alabama sidelines ...same when he was at LSU .
> Kirby parlayed it into a great gig at Athens but his
> first year showed that he may have a long way to go
> to show that he can do the head coaching thing .
> Winning 8 games a yr at UGA isn't a recipe for
> longevity .

You can't see the trees for the forest. The eight wins were disappointing but it wasn't entirely Smart's fault. Richt did kirby zero favors with the roster. No wrs, no Qb, no oline especially no left tackle on campus......hell, CKS overachieved considering the roster not to mention other factors like new coaches, new schemes....new system. Give me a break.

Jul 23, 2017, 12:01 PM

StuporMutt says: "You can't see the trees for the forest.". Mutt has no idea what that statement means, or how to use it to make a point.

Hint to StuporMutt - you got the dang thing BACKWARDS. Do they teach anything to you mutts?

Jul 23, 2017, 1:35 PM

> StuporMutt says: "You can't see the trees for the
> forest.". Mutt has no idea what that statement
> means, or how to use it to make a point.
>
> Hint to StuporMutt - you got the dang thing
> BACKWARDS. Do they teach anything to you mutts?

yes....how to own clemson.

I come in here making valid points and all you children do is name call and insult which only reveals your low self-esteem. But hey, that's ok.... it's your board. Carry on kids!

You own Clemson? Okay.

Jul 23, 2017, 1:48 PM
image.jpg(82.1 K)

You have made no valid point on this thread. All your points have been debunked, are yet to be proven as true or only back up what we're saying. I suggest you find better things to do than be a troll.

Clemson >> Georgia

Jul 23, 2017, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the dawg trolls who frequent our board think before you post on a Clemson board. ]

You seem to be unencumbered by THE FACTS of NOW. That's all that matters.

You can believe that fantasy of history having any meaningful effect on now if you want. Eschewing and omitting the present is just asinine.

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Jul 23, 2017, 11:33 AM

> Kirby Smart is recruiting well. Les Miles, Butch
> Jones, Will Mischamp (@ Florida), Mark Richt, Kevin
> Sumlin and Hugh Freeze. All of them have switched
> jobs, are on the hot seat or are out a job
> altogether. Winning recruiting battles does not
> necessarily mean you win on the field.
>
> Now let's look at what Swinney has done. Swinney's
> classes on average are not better than Georgia's on
> paper yet he has accomplished more. Either Saban or
> Meyer have had the top ranked classes for years.
> Swinney has not had a single #1 class yet he beat a
> team that had multiple #1 classes for the national
> championship. And oh by the way Meyer is 0-2 against
> Swinney including a shutout in the playoffs last
> year. A first for Meyer and the only time since like
> 1992 that OSU has been shut out. It is clear that
> Swinney did more with less. That has not been the
> case at Georgia. And if you think Clemson was DW4 and
> that's about it the NFL disagrees with you. We have a
> lot of guys off of those teams in the NFL right now.
> Georgia has a lot of guys in the league as well but
> won no championships with them. Again underachieving
> with great talent.
>
> Before you say that Dabo couldn't win a championship
> without Watson think about what you're saying. It's
> like saying the Patriots don't win all those Super
> Bowls without Tom Brady. It's a stupid lame duck
> argument. These guys have to play somewhere. Great
> coaches build their organizations by getting their
> people so just put a sock in it. Dabo and Clemson got
> Watson.
>
> Recruiting is one of the first steps to building a
> program. Congratulations you are taking it but it's a
> step Georgia has taken for years so it's nothing new.
> I will say that you had better hope your program is
> doing things the right way or it will come back and
> bite you. Kirby may end up being a great coach and
> win big in Athens but only time will tell. I'm less
> than impressed after year 1 but it also took Swinney
> a couple of years. I'll give you that but you
> trolling our board right now would be as stupid as a
> Clemson fan trolling your board in 2011. At that
> point Dabo had done little more than recruit at high
> level. Kirby has done nothing as a coach except
> recruit well. However I have pointed out that
> recruiting top classes doesn't necessarily win
> championships. I don't waste my time trolling your
> board. Don't waste your time trolling ours. If you
> want to have civil discussions about football like
> some other guys who come on here that's fine but you
> are in no place to come on here and say dumb things
> like "Kirby gonna Kirby." Kirby has done nothing on
> the field yet. Also consider this: Muschamp is
> national championship DC who had insane recruiting
> classes at Florida. How did that work out?

What? Dabo doesn't even make the CFB playoff w/o Watson.... and Kirby's recruiting on an entirely different level than Richt ever did. CMR was one of the worst roster managers.....ever. And we suffered for it especially last season. The 2013 recruiting class was a wash leaving Kirby with literally no senior class or leadership.

What part of Kirby has accomplished nothing on the field yet do you not understand?

Jul 23, 2017, 11:42 AM

And what part of "if that team didn't have ________ at QB they wouldn't be champions" is a lame argument do you not understand? Did you not read my post in its entirety? You do not have a leg to stand on here. If you wan to have a civil discussion fine but if you want to troll you are "barking up the wrong tree."

Re: What part of Kirby has accomplished nothing on the field yet do you not understand?

Jul 23, 2017, 1:50 PM

> And what part of "if that team didn't have ________
> at QB they wouldn't be champions" is a lame argument
> do you not understand? Did you not read my post in
> its entirety? You do not have a leg to stand on here.
> If you wan to have a civil discussion fine but if you
> want to troll you are "barking up the wrong tree."

Who's trolling? just my opinion. You seem to have a little more maturity about you and i will be happy to discuss. Why can't you give Kirby the benefit of the doubt like you gave Dabo his first 4 years. Smart might not pan out but it's just asinine to call him a failure after one season. We all know he can recruit, let's give him a chance to assemble "his" roster before we judge him on coaching. No one ever thought Dabo would be successful but he proved everyone wrong...good for him. Why can't Smart (better resume than when Dabo started) have the same success.....with way more resources at his disposal? Let's be logical and give CKS a chance shall we.

Re: What part of Kirby has accomplished nothing on the field yet do you not understand?

Jul 23, 2017, 2:19 PM

Now you're beginning to sound like you have some sense. I never said Kirby will be a failure. I said he's done nothing on the field so far. I did say I was not impressed with his first year. I also said Dabo did not do much early in his career either besides be a great recruiter. I don't know what Kirby will be or not be at this point but what I do know is that coming on this board to boast about his recruiting is not the ideal thing to do. If there are Clemson fans on the UGA board doing the same I do not condone it. If you come on here and do that we are going to let you have it. I will lay out the facts to you. This is not wise on your part.

And BTW how do you know Kirby's class won't be a wash?

Jul 23, 2017, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: For all the dawg trolls who frequent our board think before you post on a Clemson board. ]

You don't. Stop acting like he's done something special because he hasn't. He may just be the UGA version of Hugh Freeze for all you know but if you're lucky he might be your Dabo.

Re: And BTW how do you know Kirby's class won't be a wash?

Jul 23, 2017, 1:57 PM

> You don't. Stop acting like he's done something
> special because he hasn't. He may just be the UGA
> version of Hugh Freeze for all you know but if you're
> lucky he might be your Dabo.

I've never claimed Kirby would be the next Saban but the 11 years under him doesn't hurt Smart's chances to be successful. If a wrs coach can win a natty I'll argue a career coach under one of the greatest cfb coaches in recent times certainly can. It's not outside the realm of possibilities.

Jul 23, 2017, 9:03 PM

Blah blah blah. You were humiliated between the twigs against Candy Vandy and little ole GT. And both were brought on directly via poor coaching decisions ie abismal clock management

JOEjuh would finish behind NC St at best in our division. Even the BELK Bowl would be out of your reach lol

Kirvy will never be Dabo. Your boy is stale boring and doesn't even let his players talk to the media. Freaks!! Keep sukcing!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2017, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: And BTW how do you know Kirby's class won't be a wash? ]

The difference here is...how many people on here did you see in Dabo's first years expected him to win a Natty, to reach the pinnacle he has?? Bet you'll find back then, several were skeptical of the hire, not sticking him on a pedestal like you are Smart.

Clemson fans can say that about Dabo after years worth of proof...6 years in a row and counting of ending higher than initial season rankings (only coach in the FBS that can say that currently); 6 years in a row of 10+ win seasons, the only other school in the FBS that can say that with Alabama (not just 2 years of Watson, 6 years....that'd be 3 with Boyd, 2 1/2 with Watson, 1/2 with Stoudt). Current National Champion until the next season starts. 89-28 record as a HC (.7606). Only coach right now that has wins over the other 4 active FBS coaches that have won a title (Saban, Meyer, Stoops, and Fisher).

UGA has had top 10 recruiting classes for the most of the

Jul 23, 2017, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the dawg trolls who frequent our board think before you post on a Clemson board. ]

last 10 years. All have been top 15.

Clemson

Jul 23, 2017, 12:03 PM

You should note that Urban Myer as a head coach has lost a total of 2 bowl games in his career. He went from undefeated to unable to win or even score for for that matter versus Dabo and the Clemson Tigers. #urbanlegend

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2017, 1:58 PM

What this puppy doesn't comprehend is that WE don't have to give his coach any benefit of the doubt. Results on the field counts, and last time I looked, Clemson won the last NC, is ahead of them in recruiting, and preseason ranked higher than them. So, WHY is he over here talking smack? Dabo is not where he is without Watson. WHere is UT without Dobbs? Where is Oklahoma without Mayfield? Where is UGA without Chubb and Michel? Where is Ohio state without Barnett? That's lame thinking, not totally unexpected considering the source.

Message was edited by: fencebusters®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather have Venables as DC than Smart

Jul 24, 2017, 10:18 AM

That's all you gotta know about that.

Replies: 22
| visibility 3,134
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic