Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all the critics of Clemson's schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,097

For all the critics of Clemson's schedule

Jan 10, 2020, 8:31 AM

Just a random thought I had this morning - I wonder if any non-SEC team/coach has played more games against SEC opponents than Clemson since Dabo took over?

Including his first year as interim coach, Dabo has played 2-3 games against SEC opponents every season in his head coaching career.

While the ACC has had its ups and downs, that is our conference and we can't control that schedule's strength, but to play SEC teams 2-3 times out of conference is pretty impressive.

Most regular season games have been upper tier teams, like Georgia, Auburn, and TxAM. Obviously, SC is our rival and historically hasn't been mid-upper tier, but their best run was during this time while Dabo was head coach. Our bowl games have mostly been top level teams, like Alabama and LSU (one against Kentucky).

So if the SEC is considered the elite of college football, I would make the case that Clemson is the team that consistently steps up to them year after year and the trend is that we walk away increasingly more and more often as the winner of those games.

Can't wait to see us add another win to that list as we play our third SEC opponent this season, after beating a tough Ohio St team for the third time in Dabo's career.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For all the critics of Clemson's schedule

Jan 10, 2020, 8:37 AM

Our schedule got us in playoff. Really all that mattered. Having said that, I would like to see us replace the instate 1AA team rotation with a 1A opponent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't defend our schedule...

Jan 10, 2020, 8:47 AM

they have to have a built in excuse when they lose.

Just sayin'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For all the critics of Clemson's schedule

Jan 10, 2020, 8:48 AM

for all the talk I dont sense there are many big 10 or SEC teams wanting to sch us. Ga is periodically coming back on the sch but not really any others lining up since we dont play anybody.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,097
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic