Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all the bromance mancrush going on with Scam
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

For all the bromance mancrush going on with Scam

Jan 17, 2016, 6:15 PM

Just think of this. Our coach, our team our QB are all people of integrity, if not they are invited to leave. We got all the way to the Championship and despite our integrity and doing it the right way, we were denied. Let's go back and honestly appraise Auburn and Newton. Regardless of the details and circumstances he was asked to leave Florida....you can make up anything you want to make you feel better but he was a theif, so was Jeremy Johnson a recent Auburn QB with questionable character. He was asked to leave Georgia for stealing his own teammates valuables.....there is a defiant he pattern at play here. So, Auburn and Newton won a national championship without one single drop of integrity. That for me, a fan of a team that lost with integrity, just sucks. Scam Newton is very deserving of his nickname and I doubt very seriously he magically is a man of extreme and unquestionably morals and ethics, money can do a lot of things but that's doubtful. It flies in the face of players and team that do lead a moral life with integrity. Love him, hate him, ignore him but don't rewrite his history.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For all the bromance mancrush going on with Scam

Jan 17, 2016, 6:27 PM

Your point?

Jan 17, 2016, 6:30 PM

What's this? Thread #108 about Cam started by you?

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2016, 12:10 PM

There is a difference in rewriting history and realizing people grow up.

Sadly, you don't know the difference

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2016, 6:32 PM

He was young and made mistakes and came back and won a natty and is a great nFl QB and you are going to talk chit about him?? Do you know him or what he did?? What did he do to deserve that nickname? Go ahead and explain why you want to talk chit about a young man that you do not know? I'm waiting! Go.

Jan 17, 2016, 6:41 PM

Ever notice that everything is based on 5+ years ago? They have nothing more recent.

I'll feel the same about Jamies Winston or anyone else that keeps their nose clean for years.

Jan 17, 2016, 6:45 PM

Has anyone ever seen Scam out with a woman?

Jan 17, 2016, 6:46 PM

Considering CAM has a gf and a baby, I'd say yes

Jan 17, 2016, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the bromance mancrush going on with Scam ]

Yes I like Winston. He was cocky in college but it's gotta be hard when your told your great from playing in rec league. He seems like he has grown up a good bit.

What did SCAN do to deserve that knickname? GOOGLE

Jan 17, 2016, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the bromance mancrush going on with Scam ]

is a a GREAT place to start.

Most knowledgeable college football fans know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AND the NFL will not talk about it for obvious reasons.***

Jan 17, 2016, 7:49 PM

Yeah because NFL players get paid, and NCAA rules...

Jan 17, 2016, 8:21 PM

have nothing to do with the NFL. The NFL doesn't care about that issue.

Jan 17, 2016, 6:44 PM

From my understanding, in addition to being a thief he was also a confirmed cheater at Florida, as well as probably aware of Cecil's "pay for play" extortion game from a couple of SEC schools for money for his Atlanta church. Hope he's turned his moral compass around. Time will tell.

Jan 17, 2016, 6:46 PM

Again what did he do please explain??

Jan 17, 2016, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the bromance mancrush going on with Scam ]

Again what did he do please explain??

Jan 17, 2016, 6:47 PM

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter. He has kept his nose cleaned for the last few years.

Guy has grown up.

Thankful we never did anything stupid at 17-18 years old. ;)

Jan 17, 2016, 6:49 PM

I don't even know what he did then. I know he was accused of getting paid to go to Auburn or something. I know he got out of Flordia but I do not know why. People love to assume thing tho. Gotta love if. Go SuperCam! Go Panthers! He is helping our Tigers IMO.

Jan 17, 2016, 6:57 PM

Cam stole a laptop at uf and if suburban meyer lets a talent go he had to be bad news

Out of juco, it is fact that auburn was not on his list anywhere, and his pop asked an msu booster for 180k to secure Cam. Amazingly, cam, who admitted he let his pop make the call, decided out of the blue to go to auburn. I am not even sure he had officially visited auburn when he signed.

Deal was dirty as hell, and mike slive worked behind the scenes with the ncaa to make sure cam was not suspended. Slive was more worried about protecting auburn so as to try and keep the SEC title streak alive than actually doing his job.

Thank God I'm forgiven for my mistakes at 19-20 yrs old***

Jan 17, 2016, 7:04 PM

Jan 17, 2016, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the bromance mancrush going on with Scam ]

Of course a Bama fan gonna hate on Cam lmao. Your better than that not the real BB. Thank you for that tho i was curious. I'm sure we have all stole something as young kids growing up. It could have been like the crab leg thing with Winston tho. We just don't know. I understand you have to hate on him tho because he beat you and y'all are still butthurt from it. Greedy a$$ ppl.

Jan 17, 2016, 7:18 PM

What I posted was truth

Cam has stayed out of trouble for years now, but at uf he stole a laptop and when police knocked on his door, he tossed it out the window. Police heard and found it on the ground.

He was bought by auburn and actually declared ineligible the Friday before the UGA game, but reinstated in mere hours.

All this is readily accessible with an internet search

Jan 17, 2016, 7:23 PM

Pretty sure that is all a bunch of BS seeing that Cam still has his Natty sittin at Auburn. Maybe the laptop thing I might give you lol.

Jan 17, 2016, 7:33 PM

Whatever

You know, everyone here has been great folk to me, both before and after the game - save for you and one other. In fact you were a bit nasty, so I took an extra long victory puff off my Arturo Fuente Annaverssari XA, thought of you, and smiled.

Re: Jeremy Johnson at Auburn?

Jan 17, 2016, 7:37 PM

I think you are referring to Marshall who used to be at UGA.

Jan 17, 2016, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the bromance mancrush going on with Scam ]

Whateva I do what I want whateva. Lol come on now. Your brought that upon yourself. What I said about DW4 proved to be tire but we did lose and congrats. It was a mistake free cigar that got a little lucky so I hope it was good. You didn't expect what you saw Monday night tho I know that. I just don't get why you are on a Clemson board hating on an ex Auburn player who is bros with DW. It is cool tho I welcome a good conversation with a little back and forth. I just don't like bashing on young men.

Jan 17, 2016, 7:57 PM

I am having a Bill Murray moment aka Lost in Translation

Jan 17, 2016, 7:59 PM

I'm sure man.

Jan 17, 2016, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the bromance mancrush going on with Scam ]

I know why you hate on him and that is okay. Being butthurt for this many years has got to get old tho.

Sorry, but a Bama fan cannot say a thing about cheating...

Jan 17, 2016, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the bromance mancrush going on with Scam ]

when Bama is the dirtiest program in college football

Truth, is your team Bama, are the biggest cheaters in CFB...

Jan 17, 2016, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the bromance mancrush going on with Scam ]

history. Only reason Auburn cheats is to compete with you cheating Bama boys.

hahaha, a Bama fan complaining about cheating is like...

Jan 17, 2016, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the bromance mancrush going on with Scam ]

a gamecock fan bragging about having a good football program

Jan 17, 2016, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the bromance mancrush going on with Scam ]

Honestly, I do not know the details of his past. I live in Charlotte though and see first hand a lot of the good he does for the community, including especially, for kids. Considering the current NFL environment and what makes headlines, it is nice to see this from a player. I never hear or see anything of him out on the town drinking, getting arrested, or doing anything else questionable. He seems to be a pretty good role model in the NFL. So maybe he grew up. It's all about the journey and what you learn.

Pease know the facts before you post, and post and post

Jan 17, 2016, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the bromance mancrush going on with Scam ]

geeez. $CAM Newton is just that --- a $CAM.

Re: Pease know the facts before you post, and post and post

Jan 17, 2016, 7:55 PM

Lol he may be in your eyes but not the ones that matter so I shall go with the NcAA on this one. He still has his trophies for a reason DA.

Jan 17, 2016, 8:00 PM

Is you Ceculs Neewton?

Please, go away, there is factual info on all this if you care. PERSONALLY I thinks you wants to be with that grinning fool

Jan 17, 2016, 8:03 PM

Yes I'm so gay for Cam. Lol! It just gets old people bashing him over and over when he has done nothing since I guess cheating in class his freshman year. Stupid people will always act stupid I suppose.

Bear Bryant was the biggest cheater ever...

Jan 17, 2016, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Pease know the facts before you post, and post and post ]

Bama invented cheating in college football, so Bama fans can't say a thing about other teams cheating.

Here's what he did . . .

Jan 17, 2016, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the bromance mancrush going on with Scam ]

While at UF, he put his name on a paper that was written by another student and turned it in. This was discovered when that student was questioned as to why he didn't turn in a paper. Then Scam turned in a second paper, but this time it was one he had pulled off of the internet. Before he faced the student conduct committee, facing expulsion, he was arrested for stealing another student's laptop computer, and transferred to a junior college. Then his father apparently tried to sell Scam's services to the highest bidder. All of that doesn't matter though, because he won a national championship, a Heisman trophy, entertains people, and flashes an engaging smile.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Here's what he did . . .

Jan 17, 2016, 7:58 PM

Omg he cheated in a class at school oh no!! Get over yourself!! You have no clue about his father or money jus what people have said and have obviously been proven not true. Hate all you want tho. He probably likes the haters!!

Jan 17, 2016, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Here's what he did . . . ]

Omg he cheated in a class at school oh no!! Get over yourself!! You have no clue about his father or money jus what people have said and have obviously been proven not true. Hate all you want tho. He probably likes the haters!!

Proven not true?

You are a ####### idiot - this is auburn we talking bout

I hope you never respond to any post of mine, as I hate dealing with obtuse aubs. No way I think you are a Clemson grad, or fan, you smell of auburn cow patties

Jan 17, 2016, 8:08 PM

Good day sir. I'm sorry Cam beat you and you are still upset about it but it is okay enjoy this years because DW4 is going to take it from your Tide in Tampa. Thanks for the convo I enjoyed it.

A Bama fan talking about Auburn cheating, that's a good one...

Jan 17, 2016, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's what he did . . . ]

Bama makes the cheating Auburn has done over the years, very minor compared to all the cheating Bama has done and continues to do. Won't be too long before we found out which Bama players tested positive for drug tests. Not too mention Nick Saban allowing domestic abusers on his team. Jimbo Fisher learned how to let domestic abusers keep on playing from his buddy Saban.

Does character mean nothing to you? He cheated repeatedly

Jan 17, 2016, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's what he did . . . ]

to the point he faced expulsion. He was a thief. His father was involved in unethical dealings based on Scam's success. They made a mockery of honesty and integrity. Are you really okay with that?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

let it go, he was a young person when that stuff happened...

Jan 17, 2016, 6:49 PM

Also, his dad is the one who started the pay for play thing at Auburn. Nobody is rewriting anything.

Has Scam ever owned up to the multiple cheating incedents

Jan 17, 2016, 7:38 PM

that were about to get him kicked out of UF before he stole the laptop, or has he ever apologized for that? Has he ever publicly criticized his father or distanced himself from him for trying to sell his collegiate football services to the highest bidder? Did he own up to his youthful indiscretions and express remorse before he become rich and famous, like a person with integrity would do? If he has, then I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and wish him well. If he hasn't then he's an arrogant piece of #### to whom things like honor and integrity mean nothing, and he's not worthy of admiration from anybody who values those ideals.

- H. L. Mencken

So all the charity work he does makes him a bad person...

Jan 17, 2016, 8:14 PM

and making sure a kid gets every touchdown ball the panthers score goes to a kid. He made mistakes, but that was 5 plus years ago when he was a teenager and in his early 20's. Not to mention he was influenced by adults to make poor decisions. Don't know about this cheating your talking about at UF, never heard of it before. Yeah, Auburn did pay his dad.

By the way how do you know he hasn't owned up to what he did wrong? Owning up to something doesn't mean you have to a press conference coming out repenting. And he has owned up to it, he hasn't done anything wrong since the pay for play scandal.

But, hey I guess you, nor your friends or family members ever did anything wrong as a teenager or in their early 20's. Of course your opinion on Cam, has nothing to do with Cam, but your personal beliefs in having contrived reasons to hate a person.

@Smiling Tiger

Re: So all the charity work he does makes him a bad person...

Jan 17, 2016, 8:18 PM

TU

No, but it doesn't make him a good person by any stretch.

Jan 17, 2016, 8:29 PM [ in reply to So all the charity work he does makes him a bad person... ]

It's easy to smile and "give back" and be a "good guy" when you are extraordinarily wealthy. Surely, you see that good works don't equal genuine, noble character. True character is revealed in more difficult times, and we see how that went.

- H. L. Mencken

yeah, because you nor your friends or family members ever...

Jan 17, 2016, 8:34 PM

did anything wrong at a young age or any point in their life. I wish I could be perfect like you, your friends, and family members. It would be a good anthropological study to look into how you, your friends, and family members have been perfect all their lives. This would be an amazing discovery in the study of human behavior. You should get in contact with NatGeo TV, so they can do a special on how perfect you and your circle of friends and family members are. It has hit written all over it.

I'm far from perfect, and I've done some things I regret,

Jan 17, 2016, 9:31 PM

but I've owned it, paid the price, never gained from it, and made every effort to make it right. All I've seen from Cam is him making millions, doing some charity work, and a superman act. If he's changed, he has my respect and my blessings.

- H. L. Mencken

Jan 17, 2016, 7:13 PM

People grow up and change. It has worked for Cam, you should try it.

Jan 17, 2016, 7:42 PM

I can't believe I wasted 1 minute of my life reading this. Anything current about Clemson you would like to share?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps Cam has reformed and trying to do better.

Jan 17, 2016, 7:44 PM

He seems to be hanging out with higher class people lately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2016, 7:46 PM

What time does the klan meeting kick off ?

D2johnstone

HAHAHAHAHA you think college players don't get paid at Clemson and every other school ?

Get a life.

You my friend need to learn to move on. I know Cam's father and the son is totally different as an adult. Look at his work in Charlotte. Better yet, what have you done to make a difference to society? Thought so. Nothing but post on things from 5 years ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sound like a Falcons fan.***

Jan 17, 2016, 8:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 17, 2016, 8:34 PM

I don't really care what you think.. I like the panthers therefore I like Cam.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2016, 9:44 PM

This Cam guy is BAD NEWS lol get over yourself people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMbjaG10KHo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLoX8xN-_2o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGcOeUA7fA8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW1fWVVaM90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS_GkeiOfV0

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/11/17/9749076/cam-newton-dancing-panthers-volunteer-kids-why-i-like-him

I just RA'd you.***

Jan 17, 2016, 9:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2016, 10:23 PM

Cam has a bad past. Has he truly changed? Only God and Cam know the answer to that question.
As a famous coach that was put on probation once said when asked about his program, "There has not been a clean national championship won in the last 30 years." He said that 3 or 4 years ago. I think there is a good probability he is right.
My problem would be much more with Auburn than with Cam. Having said that, I am a Falcons fan and do not like the Panthers. (Don't flame me, I am simply letting you know that I am not saying what I say because I am a Panthers fan.)

Message was edited by: reynolds357®

And since then...

Jan 18, 2016, 10:42 AM

He's done an overwhelming amount of charity work to help less fortunate children. I wasn't a big fan of him in college, but whatever he did when he was a teenager, I think he's made up for it with how he works to help others. Let the hate go, man.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic