Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all of you nimrods who keep stating that Kelly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

For all of you nimrods who keep stating that Kelly

Apr 11, 2017, 10:23 AM

isn't the answer, or Kelly can't throw, please explain how you arrived at this conclusion without using one of the following lame excuses and examples of faulty logic:

He looked terrible Saturday in the spring game.

We saw the last two years that he is ineffective passing downfield.

He couldn't beat out Scheussler last year.

Everybody knows he can't throw.

I read it on Tigernet.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

thanks for typing out the valid points for everyone. +1***

Apr 11, 2017, 10:25 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All are invalid.***

Apr 11, 2017, 10:30 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Lol coot gonna TD me

Apr 11, 2017, 10:32 AM

School: USC Spartanburg

Nice try - but not a coot and never thumb down anybody.***

Apr 11, 2017, 10:34 AM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Nice try - but not a coot and never thumb down anybody.***

Apr 11, 2017, 11:52 AM

dont waste your time with cid, he is on his 5th or 6th handle now and the lounge keeps him around as their pet.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe their

Apr 11, 2017, 10:25 AM

Ouija board told 'em

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

People have it all wrong...

Apr 11, 2017, 10:29 AM

I'd like to see the people who are saying that the spring game outing proves Kelly Bryant can't throw go try to throw a football with a snapped tendon...

If anything, we should be saying, "What a baller playing through adversity" or "You can see some Deshaun like grit in KB".

The best QB will play. Trust our coaches, and don't trash talk our players.

Message was edited by: mattcah®

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For all of you nimrods who keep stating that Kelly

Apr 11, 2017, 10:32 AM

I'm of the minority that thinks KB will and should be the starter. As long as he can hit 5-10 yard throws here and there, we can very much run an Auburn style Cam Newton attack with KB.

do you have any alternative facts?

Apr 11, 2017, 10:33 AM

People are telling me, I've read one time, on the shows they are saying

Apr 11, 2017, 10:36 AM

Peeps that think Kelly is the answer are the same ones that think CBB is the answer to our BBall program, or that Jack was the answer for our bball team. DC's on our schedule are hoping that posts like this convince CLEMSON to use KB as the QB so they can stack the box and stomp a hole in CLEMSON's offense.

Apr 11, 2017, 10:41 AM

You're right... I'm sure opposing DC's are hoping that Clemson's coaches are influenced to start KB by posts on internet message boards.

Jeeze

null

Apr 11, 2017, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: For all of you nimrods who keep stating that Kelly ]

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER. CONGRATS STREAK ON MORONIC POST OF THE DAY. BUT HEY, IT IS STILL EARLY. TRY HARDER.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2017, 10:46 AM

^^^The goober found the caps lock again. Good job. Never stop learning.

Apr 11, 2017, 10:53 AM

where better than this board for a clemson athlete or coach to be talked sh!t about than in here. i am guessing the coaches will play the guy they think gives us the best chance to win no matter what morons say on the internet, thankfully.

Apr 11, 2017, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: For all of you nimrods who keep stating that Kelly ]

So tell us coach who should start

Apr 11, 2017, 1:45 PM

i think i will let the guys that make millions of dollars and see them every day make that decision rather than a bunch of goobers that saw a glorified pick up game the other day. one of our coaches told me at the baseball game that the staff is very encouraged by the play of all the qb's. but what do they know. they should base everything off last saturday. smfh

For the record, I'm not saying that Bryant is the answer,

Apr 11, 2017, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: For all of you nimrods who keep stating that Kelly ]

and I believe that BB should be gone and JL was here too long.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: For the record, I'm not saying that Bryant is the answer,

Apr 11, 2017, 10:54 AM

this from a guy with a fork in his mouth.

Apr 11, 2017, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: For all of you nimrods who keep stating that Kelly ]

That is bull ####. HTH

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

When he has thrown the imited times he has he has looked...

Apr 11, 2017, 10:41 AM

bad. He prefers to run and looks terrible in the pocket. That's just my opinion.

Thanks for an actual answer, and an honest and

Apr 11, 2017, 11:18 AM

straightforward one at that.

Keep in mind that both Woody Dantzler and Tajh Boyd looked terrible throwing the ball, not only during scrimmages, but in their first few actual games. But they settled down and developed over a period of time and went on to set records at Clemson. Also, the outcry against Bryant is ramped up as a direct result of his performance in the spring game, a game in which he tore a tendon in his throwing hand on the first play, which pretty much invalidates any critique of his passing game.

I'm NOT saying that Bryant is the answer; I'm simply saying that there is really no way to know as we STILL have no idea if his passing game has improved and whether he is ready or not in that respect.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Thanks for an actual answer, and an honest and

Apr 11, 2017, 12:23 PM

They may not have looked great in their first few scrimmages/games but you could see their passing ability/potential early. Kelly's a junior and his throws downfield seem way off target. I hope he does get better and earns the starting spot. He will absolutely shred people with his legs if he becomes a true dual threat.

agree...why do these nimrods think accuracy is important???***

Apr 11, 2017, 10:47 AM

Accuracy?

Apr 11, 2017, 11:27 AM

When have you seen Bryant throw recently that he didn't have a torn tendon in his throwing hand?

- H. L. Mencken

Apr 11, 2017, 10:57 AM

Yes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2017, 11:13 AM

Clemson football jumped to an elite level last season. Winning the ACC and whipping the chickens was our largest goals. Now not making the playoffs would be a disappointing season. Eight wins now will put a coach on the hot seat. That's why getting the right player at qb is so important. The month of September will include games with Auburn,Louisville,and Va Tech. A true starter has to be set. If Bryant can do the job running our current offense, that's great. If he can't, we need another player at qb.

Apr 11, 2017, 1:35 PM

You can't be that dumb Can you?

Apr 11, 2017, 11:22 AM

He will be the starter day one, barring injury and a disaster summer session. Coach will give him his shot like he has said all along. Doesn't mean he will be by game three but he will have his shot

Apr 11, 2017, 11:50 AM

I don't want to see an early loss because we gave Bryant or whomever starts a chance. We are defending national champions and am sure that we want to be back in the playoffs again this year. Football standards are much higher at Clemson than basketball standards. Start the qb most qualified to be a dual threat and can win the three critical games in September.

Apr 11, 2017, 11:40 AM

something about a junior in the program that can not deliver a skinny post on time, or an out route that does not sail 8 yards out of bounds.

How do we know he can't?***

Apr 11, 2017, 11:42 AM

- H. L. Mencken

All we have seen is him in very limited game action

Apr 11, 2017, 11:44 AM

and a spring game with a torn tendon in his throwing hand.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: How do we know he can't?***

Apr 11, 2017, 11:48 AM [ in reply to How do we know he can't?*** ]

I have seen him tuck it and run numerous times when he was healthy, despite open receivers down the field. I would LOVE to see him be the guy this year because has leadership is supposed to be good and he has paid his dues here. But I am reading one article after another on the front page where the coaches have said he has not separated himself from a couple of freshman, and a guy that is 5'10 with a weak arm. Hopefully this is coach speak and he shines this fall. And to your point, yes he deserves the chance to prove it on the field before we call for his replacement. But calling us nimrods is probably not the best way to start a productive debate on the topic.

Re: How do we know he can't?***

Apr 11, 2017, 11:53 AM

I would give you a TU but..

But you are basing that off of what you have seen

Apr 11, 2017, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: How do we know he can't?*** ]

in previous seasons (apparently) when he only played in limited, mop-up duty. You have no way, as far as I know, to know whether or not he has improved. Apparently he has separated enough to be named the leader by Dabo. I don't think he deserves any more of a chance than anybody else; but I believe they all deserve that chance, and Saturday was not it for Bryant.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: But you are basing that off of what you have seen

Apr 11, 2017, 1:18 PM

all fair comments, I hope he does win the spot and become a downfield threat. But his running ability alone should not decide this, I would consider it a bonus with him in the lineup.

I think he gives us the best chance to win right now

Apr 11, 2017, 11:53 AM

I would say he's a step ahead of the other QB's at this time but I would also like to see him improve his passing game.

Apr 11, 2017, 12:19 PM

to me it boils down to those simple throws, the throws that dont look like much but they mean so much. those screen passes where it is vital for the QB to hit the receiver in a spot where he can turn his head and start gaining yards. Kelly hasn't shown the ability to make those simple throws. He sent one over the receivers head on Saturday on the same play that he came out and grabbed his finger. Those are the plays that Kelly has to make and has to put his receiver in a good position to make a play.

IMO it is not a matter of KB not being able to throw but

Apr 11, 2017, 12:29 PM

more of an issue with timing and accuracy. Take accuracy out of the spring game for instance, he was still late on some throws and had opportunites to throw but decided to run instead.

The young man throws a good looking ball and has a strong arm.

He just doesn't seem to have the timing and accuracy that Isreal and Cooper have right now.

We are a long way from Kent St though and he has improved greatly from the spring practice and spring game I saw from 2016.

Apr 11, 2017, 12:39 PM

Personally, he has never looked comfortable in the pocket. His passes (though limited sample size) are rarely close to being on target. He looks to run to quickly IMHO.

And the big one.....

He has been here the longest and there has been little evidence of progression AND the new guys are already pushing him with far less knowledge and experience in the system.

My .02

It's not that he definitely CAN'T do it, it's more that

Apr 11, 2017, 12:43 PM

there's absolutely no evidence that he CAN do it. He's definitely had limited opportunities to throw the ball in live game or scrimmage scenarios, but i can't recall ever seeing a single throw of if his where my reaction was "Wow, OK, that's encouraging! Maybe he really can do this!"

I'm not ruling him out as the best candidate to be our starter, but I'm definitely skeptical about his throwing ability.

Re: It's not that he definitely CAN'T do it, it's more that

Apr 11, 2017, 12:45 PM

So you are at practices every day?

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

I think it's pretty clear i was referring to what a fan

Apr 11, 2017, 1:11 PM

has access to.

Re: I think it's pretty clear i was referring to what a fan

Apr 11, 2017, 1:43 PM

So what you're say is you don't know ####

Good lord. I'm saying there's legitimate reasons to

Apr 11, 2017, 2:09 PM

be skeptical... which is exactly what i stated (very clearly) in my first post. I never said that Bryant definitely is not the guy. Nobody here has access to all of the information the coaches have. That's never stopped us from having debates about hundreds of other topics.

Apr 11, 2017, 2:02 PM

Because a huge part of our offense requires our QBs and WRs to stretch the field and if you cannot complete a deep ball then you are no good to it. Bama was able to get away with a sh*tty QB because they run a pro-style with 2 pitbulls as RBs...on top of having the best defense in the nation.

Take a look at the short time that he has played and even the spring game...He struggles mightily with short to intermediate routes and his first intention when pressured is to tuck it and run. KB unfortunately will not be starting the season as our QB...Our offense is too important...I like KB as much as the next guy but its just not there. You can't develop a QB into a prolific or serviceable passer if the accuracy or comprehension isn't there. Im sorry...

All the facts you stated are unfortunately correct. Its not like the entire fan base wants this kid to fail.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Apr 11, 2017, 2:51 PM

No one on here wants Bryant to fail. We need a qb that can make the needed throws of our offense. To date Bryant has not done that.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic