Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all of you fellow military members, past and present
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

For all of you fellow military members, past and present

Aug 13, 2012, 12:18 PM

We all have them, what are some of your memorable boot camp stories?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This one time, at Boot camp...

Aug 13, 2012, 12:19 PM

:D

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For all of you fellow military members, past and present

Aug 13, 2012, 1:05 PM

They cut my hair

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2012, 1:16 PM

In the gas mask test we were to take off our masks in a room filled with cs. Could not leave until everyone took off their mask. Removed mask and took a deep breath. Was painful. The DI refused to open the exit. The team looked around a one guy still had on his mask. Think his pain was doubled by five guys attacking to rip off the mask.

First night was a Friday in February. They put us in a

Aug 13, 2012, 1:30 PM

wooden barracks with only the civilian clothes on our backs. No blankets, no heat and it snowed about 6 inches at that night at Ft.Bragg. Coldest I have ever been. To make it worse, nobody came around on Sat. morning to show us where to go for food or clothing issue. We finally roamed the area until someone asked us what we were doing .

Aug 13, 2012, 1:58 PM

I was 17 when I went into the Navy. Clemson had turned me down to play football and that is all I wanted to do. So, I went in the Navy instead. I dealt with stress by laughing. When you are a 17 year old punk laughing at a DI they lose all sense of humor. Hence by taps that night I had to do 5000 push-ups. Yes I learn slow. lol

One week to the day after receiving my Clemson diploma and

Aug 13, 2012, 2:22 PM

my Army commission in May 1969, I reported to the Airborne School at Ft. Benning. For some reason the D.I.'s, while respectful, were quite inventive in coarse language and enjoyed watching a bunch of former college boys struggling with the course. Following two weeks of grueling training, most of us were happy to begin our actual jumps. Then came Ranger School....No wonder most of us took up smoking and drinking! When my Dad (a former WWII Army Officer) learned what schools I had completed, he shook his head and said: "Now you've gone off and gotten yourself mixed up with the biggest h3ll-raisers in the Army!" My Mother wasn't thrilled either and said: "He's just doing all that to show off!" LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2012, 2:28 PM

Easy answer. Christmas leave from OCS. January 1982. Anyone remember anything significant happening that month?

Aug 13, 2012, 6:33 PM

My son was conceived. Or was it something more global that you had in mind?

Aug 13, 2012, 7:47 PM

Hmmmm....Good response. Not sure if anything can top that......Unless he was conceived after the Orange Bowl.

i'm a two tour Marine Corps Drill Instructor

Aug 13, 2012, 3:05 PM

one tour at Parris Island from '06 to '09 and now on my second tour at MCRD San Diego....there ain't enough space here for me to tell any of the stories worth writing......LOL...there's one every day to tell.

Aug 13, 2012, 3:53 PM

Coming back from leave mid cycle to a snow storm in Columbia in 2002. I was one of only about 8 people in the whole company that made it back before they shut the airport down. We were made to walk in a circle in the snow until it melted because the DS "liked the grass, and all that snow was covering it".

Aug 13, 2012, 6:56 PM

Remember being almost done with boot camp, had my Navy ball cap. Thought I was a real sailor. called my chief shipmate. Got my ### beat for an hour.

Boot camp was miserable but

Aug 14, 2012, 12:41 AM

it gives you a lifetime of memories you'll never forget.
-Probably my closest friend throughout my service decided he was going to "act asleep" for a little while after Taps and then get up to work on his uniform for the next day. Well, ######## decided to tape a small flashlight we all were given onto his head to see while he was trying to iron, needless to say he was caught and hilarity ensued as he was "disciplined" for days afterwards.
-Had a guy get caught looking around during chow and he was forced to grab 2 clear drinking glasses, go up to the window and look outside telling stories of what he saw while we all were outside in formation trying our hardest not to laugh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2012, 1:21 AM

At Lackland in Sept '67, was PO'ed that I couldn't shoot the M-16 on full auto. At that time, we were told only those airmen assigned to SE Asia could have the "advanced training" with that weapon. Guess they were afraid of too many friendly fire incidents during basic training, so we had to shoot semi-auto. It was funny to see a couple in our unit start shaking when the instructor first handed them an M-16 to do only dry fire exercises. Don't think they had ever seen a weapon in person. I made certain I wasn't near those guys when it was time for live ammo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Aug 14, 2012, 4:40 AM

getting off the bus when i got to A-5-3 (my bct unit), and the first words i hear from the ds are " you're moving like whale shi*,alpha co., drop to the ground and give me 40!1 drill sgt.,2 drill.... ft.leonard wood ,missouri,also fondly known by me as, fort lost in the woods,misery!

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

DS addressing us saying, "You will call me the TINMAN by the

Aug 14, 2012, 7:44 AM

end of this basic training, because I have no FU@)!ng heart". I use that now from time to time haha. This was like day 2 where half the yahoos were scared out of their minds anyway.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic