»
Topic: For all of Bobby Bowden's hard work to give some character
Replies: 10   Last Post: May 20, 2015 2:05 PM by: tigrjm76®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

For all of Bobby Bowden's hard work to give some character

[2]
Posted: May 20, 2015 1:02 PM

to FSU , then in comes Jimbo Fisher with his cast of clowns. Famous James among them as well as many others have reduced FSU to a win at any cost school. And JF seems to relish in the fact his stars are common thugs. I wonder if character even comes up during recruiting. It's like dancing with the devil as long as you can until you get caught

I was always told to be careful on how you get to the top because the fall is that much harder when you hit bottom. IMO FSU will be on NCAA probation within the next 5 years.

I would rather take more time to reach the top doing things Dabo's way! Go Tigers! CU where character matters!

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Thanks for that post!!!!!

Posted: May 20, 2015 1:05 PM

Well said points....

Re: For all of Bobby Bowden's hard work to give some character

[1]

I dont think Booby gave them any character. He spoke at FCA alot and tried to act like he was saintly but he was as dirty and scummy as Jimbo. Peter Warrick, lavernius Coles, and a long list of miscreants. Almsot never kicked anyone other than coles off even after many offenses

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

agreed***

Posted: May 20, 2015 1:12 PM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

null

Re: For all of Bobby Bowden's hard work to give some character

[2]

Bobby Bowden Character?????????????????? WOW

Ram

Probation ain't what it use to be so

Posted: May 20, 2015 1:07 PM

getting caught is not a big deal to some programs

huh? Bowden's teams had arguably LESS character

[1]
Posted: May 20, 2015 1:10 PM

Than Jimbo's teams if you take Winston out of the equation. All through the late 80's into the early 2000's Bowden's teams were loaded with off the field crap year after year. He was the biggest snake oil salesman of them all in terms of his image and what was really going down inside a program. FSU has been a garbage program in terms of character since Bowden and remains one.

military_donation.jpg

The trick is to find both. A good athlete without character

[1]
Posted: May 20, 2015 1:15 PM

may put your team/program in trouble. A person with good character but little athletic ability could cost your team/program wins and and any traction.

What you are looking for is a balance between the 2-must be a good athlete with a good character.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: The trick is to find both. A good athlete without character

Posted: May 20, 2015 1:54 PM

which one were you athomas when you were playing!!!!!!!!! lmao!!!!

regardless of how AThomas was when he was

[1]
Posted: May 20, 2015 2:05 PM

playing, it had to have been several galaxies better than that parade of miscreants, thugs and criminals at usuck

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Don't care what anyone else says

[1]
Posted: May 20, 2015 1:18 PM

I'll always have more respect for Saint Bobby' s "Ah shucks boys will be boys, we'll punish them internally,not gonna punish myself,staff and team because other boys don't know how to behave" attitude over Jimbo's "these are upstanding young men and the whole world's against(wrong) because we're successful" BS. 2 different worlds right there.

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: South Carolina
FOR SALE: For Sale 2 tickets section 503 row 25. $110 a piece. email if interested

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
945 people have read this post