Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all Dabo haters and those scared of the big bad SEC.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

For all Dabo haters and those scared of the big bad SEC.....

Dec 3, 2012, 4:03 PM

..... if Clemson beats LSU will you just shut the **** up about gimmicky offense, horrible head coach, terrible conference, our subpar S and C coach, etc., etc. or are you just going to find a new complaint because you love hearing yourself sound miserable? Despite playing by far our worst game of the year, we were still only a couple plays away (not to sound like Beamer, but it is true) from being able to win game against USC... LSU will be tough but I honestly believe we can beat them. Their offense wont be near as good as we have seen and their D line isn't anywhere near as good as USC and FSU, probably more like NCSU or Md. I wont be surprised to beat them by 3 td's but a bigger joy to me than the win will be not having to listen to the belly-achers crying anymore. Shut up and spot the #### ball already.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has anyone seen my big boy pants?***

Dec 3, 2012, 4:05 PM

nm

Light blue latex with the elastic cuffs and absorption pad?***

Dec 3, 2012, 4:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A play or two from beating SC? That game should not have

Dec 3, 2012, 4:09 PM

close....that lose is on the offensive coaching staff!!

Yeah, it had nothing to do with Tajh having a horrible game

Dec 3, 2012, 4:13 PM

or the receivers dropping balls. And of course, it had nothing to do with Carolina's defense.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure recievers dropped balls but never should have come to

Dec 3, 2012, 4:20 PM

that...every time Ellington or Howard touched the ball they gained 10 yards or better! Then we got pass happy and then we played to their strength, the pass rush

Re: Sure recievers dropped balls but never should have come to

Dec 3, 2012, 4:51 PM

I don't remember it that way, and I thought that they mixed it up pretty well until we got behind.

Coaching kept us in the FSU game, and in my opinion, wasn't the reason we lost to Carolina.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We lost because we could not get off the field on d and we

Dec 3, 2012, 5:51 PM

We not playing anywhere near as uptempo as we had n the prev two weeks so our style of o cannot be blamed for putting ourmd in bad position

As poorly as we played....

Dec 3, 2012, 4:14 PM [ in reply to A play or two from beating SC? That game should not have ]

with four minutes to go it was a three point game until the $EC officials intervened on $CU's behalf.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

YEP

Dec 3, 2012, 4:43 PM [ in reply to A play or two from beating SC? That game should not have ]

Play number 1: a stop on 3rd and 19 and hold them to 3

Play 2: any one of our deep threats scores, we win and none of this poormouth crap ever happens

That's the same game I watched. You are dead on. +1.***

Dec 3, 2012, 4:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or win 1 of the 3 games in the prior 3 years....

Dec 3, 2012, 4:49 PM [ in reply to YEP ]

heck, we didn't even show up last year.

Nevertheless, a couple of plays did not create a 4 game losing streak. You can't place all the blame for the complaining on simply losing this year's game. It would be convenient, but its not true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are dead on

Dec 3, 2012, 5:06 PM

I am def not trying to say that a couple of plays made up the streak because that just is not true (altho had Sammy caught that early ball last year I do think that game would have turned out very differently, but that is for another thread). Despite playing like we were asleep for the 2nd and 3rd quarters we were still a single play away frojm a win if we make the stop on that long 3rd down (or don't get robbed on a couple of those mystery calls)... hey, they won, we lost, life goes on. Does it mean we need to burn Tillman to the ground or cancel IPTAY memberships, or start thinking that our little brother can kick our butt? PUH-LEEZE! Get a hold of yourself and watch us most importantly bounce back and slap the cajun outta the dirty mouths of the LSU fans and get things back to where they belong. Most of America that is not an SEC fan will be pulling for us to put a bigtime slapdown on LSU, make it happen!

I am not a Dabo hater....

Dec 3, 2012, 5:13 PM

but I will be shocked if the LSU game is even close. I'm just basing that on past experience.

I want Dabo to succeed because I like him.

I cannot tolerate 4 losses in a row to the coots. I want Dabo to understand that this is unacceptable.

Maybe a personal visit to my house from Dabo with an apology would help, but until he shows he's going to do something about it, I will keep harping on it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that sounds like "tommy talk" to me....only.........

Dec 3, 2012, 4:52 PM [ in reply to YEP ]

you didn't hear that from him much after he played SCar

next year if we are only 1 play away from beating them...

Dec 3, 2012, 4:55 PM

will you be okay?

Maybe if we lose 6 or 7 in a row against them we'll get upset enough to do something about it.

I am convinced that after four in a row it does not bother Dabo enough to lose this game. Last year was a complete embarrassment.

oh I was convinced after LAST year's 3 in a row..........

Dec 3, 2012, 5:01 PM

he doesn't care......and as a whole I don't the think the CLEMSON FANS care much anymore

I'm sure a lot of our fans would be content goin 8-4 losing to SCar as long as we win this PATHETIC conference..........which.....as we've seen is a VERY real possibility

they tell me SCar is really, really good now...

Dec 3, 2012, 5:04 PM

and Bowden and other coaches didn't have to face really, really good teams in the past.

Poop!

those same people also claim we are "really good" now too...

Dec 3, 2012, 5:10 PM

what gives?????

I think we're stagnant and our record gives a false depiction of how "good" we are.

over the last 4 years our records have been 8-4, 6-6, 9-3, 10-2..........regardless of record the SAME on field result occurs vs SCAR.......and it's humiliating.

I think we're more talented...

Dec 3, 2012, 5:16 PM

just don't think we're very tough

Yawn.***

Dec 3, 2012, 4:56 PM [ in reply to that sounds like "tommy talk" to me....only......... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't care about the SEC.I care about beating South Carolina***

Dec 3, 2012, 4:10 PM

Yarn.***

Dec 3, 2012, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we beat LSU I WILL NOT be convinced (a la 2003 Tenn)

Dec 3, 2012, 4:11 PM

Now, beat LSU and turn around and beat UGA in the first game next year, then we're talking...

COME ON GUYS!!! GO TIGERS!!!!

If we win 3 straight NCs, I will not... yada, yada, yada....***

Dec 3, 2012, 4:14 PM

LSU

Dec 3, 2012, 4:17 PM

Defense is better than USC. Sam Mongomery is a firat round DE and they are better in secondary and linebacker.

LSU offense will be similar to what you saw from Dylan Thompson, a dropback guy who can hit guys but not mobile and will make mistakes.

Your oline will have to play their best game of season to stop their defense.

If your defebse can win turnover margin you might have a shot.

The biggest factor will be if our front can get off of the

Dec 3, 2012, 5:57 PM

Blocks of Lsus o line in their run game..

Re: wait you're saying shut up now and shut up later

Dec 3, 2012, 4:20 PM

please pick one and go with it. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wait you're saying shut up now and shut up later

Dec 3, 2012, 4:38 PM

SHUT UP BOTH :)

You are beating a dead horse. Most on this board live in the

Dec 3, 2012, 4:21 PM

80's and can't understand that a coach from the 80's would get killed in the college football world today.

If we win, then I'll back off my assertions...

Dec 3, 2012, 4:26 PM

that Dabo cant beat a real team.

Even if he wins though, it will be a major step, but he still needs to beat Carolina.

My real issue is with not beating SC in the past 4 yrs.

Amen!!***

Dec 3, 2012, 4:27 PM

Re: For all Dabo haters and those scared of the big bad SEC.....

Dec 3, 2012, 4:29 PM

What if we don't win? Will you agree that he is a cheerleader and not a big time college football coach??

Dec 3, 2012, 4:34 PM

No, I will agree you are a whinny little baby who sat the bench in high school...if you even played any sport. That is what I think most of the people on this site that lllk for the worst. You sat the bench all your life and this is your way to try and look like a player. You never suited up and played your tail off...this is how you feel good about yeouself, bashing others that do their job and never ask for anything in return. So, pick up your pom poms and go back to your seat.

Dec 3, 2012, 6:59 PM

#####?

Clemson isn't beating LSU.***

Dec 3, 2012, 4:35 PM

There's something in these hills.

Funny, somebody make a post like this every Year. If we beat

Dec 3, 2012, 4:38 PM

West Virginia will yall shut the hail up? If we beat SC will yall shut the hail up? and on and on

If dabo had the ability to beat SCar we'd "shut up".......

Dec 3, 2012, 4:43 PM

but he doesn't..........so it will continue on and on and on

Yawn.***

Dec 3, 2012, 4:56 PM

Our staff has got to find a way to win a few games where we

Dec 3, 2012, 6:06 PM

Are perceived to be outmuscled and hopefully get to. Pt soon where that perception does not exist. A entire recruiting class has come and gone on d and we are in the middle of a three game stretch where that is th factor. Not lack of playmakers, not necessarily poor game plans but a lack of bad a$@es on defense.

Re: Re: For all Dabo haters and those scared of the big bad SEC.....

Dec 3, 2012, 4:39 PM

Who is whining now? Not me, I know he is a cheerleader. Go back to bed with your mom.

Who is whining now? Not me, I know he is a cheerleader. Go back to bed with your mom.

Dec 3, 2012, 4:52 PM

So bsmith..you played soccer or maybe ran cross country? You ever get hit, had your bell rung? Get a life.

Dec 3, 2012, 5:00 PM

We could win the Whole thing and half the people on here would still find something to cry and ##### about.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2012, 6:58 PM

Thats because half the people on here are not Clemson fans and all they try to do is start problems.

i like DABO --- but no matter who is coaching Clemson

Dec 3, 2012, 5:00 PM

we are screwed in a conference like this.

I had similar conversation with friends where they were bashing Clemson and the entire league. My bet was if we win against Usuck, all bashing stops. I think you know the rest of the story.

Dabo is a great guy and coach and Clemson is lucky to have him. We need to get the hell out of this league and I am not sure if this will help even in attracting talent to this conference. We are recruting against the SEC and top notch kids will chose the SEC over any other conference in close proximity to their home. Why would you come to Clemson if you can start @ vandy even in the SEC playing Alabama, GA, etc...

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

So are people allowed to complain if we get blown out again?

Dec 3, 2012, 5:34 PM

Or does the fact there is always another potential victory preclude people from being upset? I always felt like results were more important than possibilities.

How about this, lets be happy if we are good, and not happy if we are not good. Simple enough right?

Let's say good, is having at least one impressive win plus beating all teams you are supposed to. That's not too strict right? Clemson, so far this year, is not a good team. If we beat LSU, we were pretty good and I will call this season a tainted success.

There you go being reasonable again.

Dec 3, 2012, 6:48 PM

Did someone forgot to tell you this is TigerNet?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all due respect

Dec 4, 2012, 2:27 PM [ in reply to So are people allowed to complain if we get blown out again? ]

Sorry bro but I disagree that "we are not good" and that this season was not a success... could it have been better? DUH... but there are not but a handfull of teams in the Country that went 10-2 (regardless of schedule), much less put back to back 10 win seasons together. Let's give BV a bit of time to get a new class of studs in here and see how our D looks next fall and then start to call out what needs to be called out. Just look at the title of your reply and ask yourself if you a par tof the solution and the support of the team ir if you are looking for an excuse to be able to be negative, just sayin...

Step back and look at what we are talking about here.

Dec 5, 2012, 7:11 PM

We are talking about a fan's response to the success or lack thereof of a college football team. So I am not part of the problem unless I use Tigernet to hurt the success of our program in some way. I donate to the school, I yell when we play on defense. I never boo the team, and I never insult Clemson athletes on this message board.

Optimistic fans need to keep in mind that complaining about the quality of our season does NOT automatically equate to "not supporting the team." Simply arguing that the team is good is worthless. Please don't convince yourself that by shooting positive bubbles out of your @ss on a message board somehow makes you a superfan. That's illogical and naive.

Moving on to the original point of my response to your original post...

1. I have not closed the book on this season. If we beat LSU, I will be just as happy as you. I will be just as convinced as you that it makes our season more of a success than a failure. But if we lose to LSU, our season was a failure. Had we beaten SCAR, I would say our season was already a success. But we lost that game.

2. The instant you say, "regardless of schedule" is the very instant your argument falls apart. If we lose to every good team and beat every bad team, then we are not a good team.

Re: If we don't, will you and the pumpers??***

Dec 3, 2012, 6:44 PM

This is still a fan site, right?

Dec 4, 2012, 3:37 PM

by "fan" I mean "homer" and "pumper" also. I don't understand how a fanatic about a school can bash the coaches and administration as much as supposed fans do on these types of sites.

Bigger question...

Dec 3, 2012, 6:46 PM

If the dumpers are right then will you continue to make posts like this?

Us independents want to know how the battle between you pumpers and those dumpers will conclude. ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2012, 7:56 PM

> ..... and their D line isn't anywhere near as good as USC and FSU, probably more like NCSU or Md.

That is funny right there!!!

Dec 4, 2012, 2:45 PM

Apples for Apples.What chance would you give Clemson going into Their house with out TB and Ellington?And they still won by 10!That is what I saw happen.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2012, 2:55 PM

Certainly isn't a great matchup for us on paper...Our best chance is getting out of the gates quickly and hoping we can hold on because you know both sides of their line are probably going to wear us down later in the game...They seem frustrated with where they landed so hopefully that will lead to some disinterest on their part as well.

No***

Dec 4, 2012, 3:52 PM

Dec 4, 2012, 4:00 PM

I think we have a lot of good things going for the team. We need stronger OL and DL and some more talent in the secondary but I think Dabo can get the talent in here.
I wont stop talking bad about the ACC until it produces 2-3 teams that can play with anyone in America (Best possibles are FSU, Clemson and VTech) on a regulary basis and a mid pack of the conference that can get into the top 25.

The ACC is really really really bad right now. Regardless of us beating LSU or not, nothing changes that.

Dec 4, 2012, 4:37 PM

V-tec is on the way down with it's old coach kind of like Fla.St. went with Papa B.

Dec 4, 2012, 4:41 PM

Yeah, Clemson always plays bad against South Carolina under Dabo. For some reason...

We were playing with a backup sophomore QB that had played in two games prior. Now THAT would be an excuse for losing.

We were down to our 4th and 5th CBs...with 1 fr back-up...

Dec 4, 2012, 5:11 PM

Spare me the backup QB spiel...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2012, 5:26 PM

> their D line isn't anywhere near as good as USC and FSU,
> probably more like NCSU or Md.

LSU's D-line is probably just as good or better than USC and FSU.

The difference between '03 an '12 is simple:

Dec 5, 2012, 10:03 PM

63-17.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic