Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For a coach that doesn't get excited about recruiting,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

For a coach that doesn't get excited about recruiting,

Feb 7, 2013, 12:45 PM

what ever happened to the big "sandstorm" parties and dancing for Latt's mommy? I guess recruiting isn't a big deal when USuC isn't getting any "Pub"!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Lay off the old man. His ego took a hit yesterday.***

Feb 7, 2013, 12:48 PM

His ego can't take a big enough hit to suit me !! *****

Feb 7, 2013, 12:50 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know, but you are talking about a BIG ego.***

Feb 7, 2013, 12:51 PM

It was butt a grain of sand in the Sahara.******

Feb 7, 2013, 12:54 PM

It's just good to have a coach that tells the truth. Dabo

Feb 7, 2013, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re:Lay off the old man. His ego took a hit yesterday.*** ]

knows that recruiting is the lifeblood of a program and I love comparing signing day to Christmas!

IMO, it's disrespectful to NSD.

Feb 7, 2013, 1:04 PM

No I'm not a Jehovah's Wittness. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's just good to have a coach that tells the truth. Dabo

Feb 7, 2013, 4:30 PM [ in reply to It's just good to have a coach that tells the truth. Dabo ]

You are right, recruiting is Dabo's lifeblood. Because if it came down to coaching up his team he'd be hanging out with Tommy Bowden and Derek Doolsky. I'm not saying it is a bad thing necessarily, because to be quite honest, I wish Spurrier would get more envolved with recruiting. He never has, and seems as if he never will. Dabo is like a Supervisor of a General Contractor. He'll go out and getcha the materials you need, but when it comes to installing, don't bother giving him the instruction manual. HANG THE COOTS!

They try to spin it dont they?...LOL***

Feb 7, 2013, 12:51 PM

Every chance that they get! And all the radio guys fall

Feb 7, 2013, 12:54 PM

right in line.

Re:They have never had an original thought,***

Feb 7, 2013, 12:56 PM

Doo Doo Ice?????????***

Feb 7, 2013, 1:02 PM

Here's my take on this class.

Feb 7, 2013, 1:27 PM

We had a real problem getting toasted deep this past season.

We needed to revamp our personal in the secondary and the addition of those incoming are exactly what we needed most.

Our defensive line needed some maturity but you can't recruit maturity. We've a ton of redshirt soph and freshmen so we'll be ok there. The additional D linemen will shore us up until next year or later.

The O line struggled with injuries but actually we only lost our center. Jay Guillermo was #1 coming out of high school at that position and listed as a true freshman on the roster. He's a huge kid and loaded with talent. I don't know if he was red shirted this past year but I don't remember seeing him play. With him not listed as second on the depth charts I'd say we are a little inexperienced but pretty solid at that position.

Everybody else on that side of the line comes in ready to rock.

Hot Rod showed his butt when he healed from the leg injury and DJ has continued to develop so we've got a solid two deep with backups and a fine incoming freshman.

Somehow, I don't think we struggle at QB since we've got the best DT QB in the business with two high quality backups.

The bottom like here is that according to my limited knowledge, which is better than the scouts, about Clemson's recruiting needs we couldn't have done better.

Yeah, we could have gotten higher rated players but we wouldn't have noticed the change except for one or two D linemen.

Clemson grades a solid A by me.

I couldn't tell you a thing about USuCk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This should be posted as an indiviual topic.***

Feb 7, 2013, 3:43 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic