Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For You Young Tigers...50 Years Ago Today...Pad 39A
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

For You Young Tigers...50 Years Ago Today...Pad 39A

Jul 16, 2019, 12:36 PM

On July 16, 1969, astronauts Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins lifted off from Launch Pad 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida on a journey to the Moon and into history. Four days later, while Collins orbited the Moon in the command module, Armstrong and Aldrin landed Apollo 11’s lunar module, Eagle, on the Moon’s Sea of Tranquility, becoming the first humans to set foot on the lunar surface.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For You Young Tigers...50 Years Ago Today...Pad 39A

Jul 16, 2019, 12:48 PM

50 years ago today, I was an artilleryman in Vietnam doing my thing. Thank God, I made it home!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 1:04 PM

Glad you made it back too!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: For You Young Tigers...50 Years Ago Today...Pad 39A ]

Thank you for your service, glad you made it home.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: For You Young Tigers...50 Years Ago Today...Pad 39A ]

Thanks for your service and glad you made it home safely.

50 years ago I was just a mere tot of 47 approaching 48, probably wondering if I would make it to 2000.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my daughter works for ULA, the rocket company that

Jul 16, 2019, 12:51 PM

Is sending astronauts to the space station on the Boeing Starliner later this year. Her job is way cooler than mine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was gestating.***

Jul 16, 2019, 12:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was gestating.***

Jul 16, 2019, 12:55 PM

I was 12 days away from my grand entrance.

Re: I was gestating.***

Jul 16, 2019, 3:33 PM

I was 23 days old , chillin' at the Norfolk Naval Base .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I was 14 then and remember it well but........

Jul 16, 2019, 12:55 PM

I wonder if young people today care much about it either way?

Or do they view it like we would have viewed the anniversary of Lindbergh's flying across the Atlantic?

Re: I was 14 then and remember it well but........

Jul 16, 2019, 12:59 PM

I think probably - 77 ... Ancient history - not relevant ....-:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jul 16, 2019, 1:03 PM

I was 13 and remember it well. This Saturday will be like a moon walk when we have the family reunion at the farm in Six Mile.

first humans to set foot on the moon

Jul 16, 2019, 1:10 PM

that we know of.

Lots of knowledge was lost in the great Alexandria Library fire.
the Old Ones that came before, the Nephilim, they had great technology before they vanished from the face of the Earth and only transferred part of it to the Egyptians and the Greeks before creating the wormhole interstellar freeway system and getting the heck out of Dodge.

We take ourselves and our current "civilization" waaaaaay to seriously.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: first humans to set foot on the moon

Jul 16, 2019, 1:14 PM

Live long and prosper tiger_swimmer

Dude ... you said "wormhole" ... watch out for the banhammer***

Jul 16, 2019, 1:43 PM [ in reply to first humans to set foot on the moon ]

Jul 16, 2019, 3:36 PM [ in reply to first humans to set foot on the moon ]

They did leave us nuclear energy and the octopus though .

DB23

Jul 16, 2019, 3:43 PM [ in reply to first humans to set foot on the moon ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: The weekend of the moon walk

Jul 16, 2019, 1:36 PM

was when Teddy's Chapaquidick accident happened. I did not recall that till I saw the movie.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And now we have to ask other countries to fly us into space.

Jul 16, 2019, 1:50 PM

My how times have changed.

That ends this year!

Jul 16, 2019, 2:57 PM

I think we have one more ride scheduled with the Russians, but after that SpaceX and Boeing/ULA have contracts to take people to the ISS over the next few years. NASA is also working on a rocket and space capsule as is Blue Origin and Northrup Grumman. Richard Branson also has a plane that goes to space with a ride on an airplane to get close. Sierra Nevada also has a ride to fly on someone else's rocket, and Bigelow is making a private space station and/or a connection to the ISS.

All have some sort of plans for private travel if you have a few extra hundred grand or 30 or so million to get to the ISS.

There is a lot going on with space travel. Its too bad the Constellation program was cancelled or we would be farther along.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 2:36 PM

I was watching it all from my room at Clemson, 3A1, Manning Hall. My roomie and I celebrated with a bottle of Rebel Yell which was the only thing Rabbit (over in Pendleton) would sell to two underage customers. Rabbit's comment was, "The two of you together might reach age 21!"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 3:01 PM

I was applying to Clemson and Thank God I was accepted

One of the best things ever to happen in my life

Amazing performance by our space team

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 4:23 PM

I was in Mrs. Moody's 2nd grade class. My friend Joey and I put together a presentation complete with hand drawn pictures, models, and speaking. I would give anything to still have that presentation.
As Ferris Bueller would say, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic