Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For Those in the Know -- Team Leadership 2019
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

For Those in the Know -- Team Leadership 2019

Feb 10, 2019, 5:00 PM

CW42, CF99, and the Power Rangers provided outstanding week-in week-out leadership along with other seniors throughout the spring, summer and 2018/19 season.

As Dabo says, it's a new day and a completely new season. A lot of talent's back, and a lot of leaders have moved up and out. So who will step up with some authenticity and charisma to lead the team in 2019? Of course, it's currently a work in progress, but for those of you who know the team more up close and personal, who will take a leadership role and be accepted as a team leader in 2019?

Isaiah Simmons is a returning starter and 4th yr player. Same with Kvon Wallace and Tanner Muse. AJ Terrell will be a junior who's earned his stripes. On Offense, Simpson, Cervenka and Anchrum return as senior linemen along with natural QB leadership to be expected from TL16. And Rodgers and Higgins are returning 3rd year starters.

So which guys will pick up the leadership mantle with all this young talent in Tiger Town. Whaddaya say? TIA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For Those in the Know -- Team Leadership 2019

Feb 10, 2019, 5:09 PM

Doesn’t always have to be old guys. I remember reading about Mike Jones being an infectious leader. Not sure about Trevor’s personality but he is clearly the face of the team. Amari seems like another driven individual who has a lot of leadership qualities. Definitely not in the know but some additional names I think could fill the void.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2019, 5:12 PM

Good one, forget about Jones. He has the work ethic too to bring them in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2019, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: For Those in the Know -- Team Leadership 2019 ]

I remember what a good recruiter that Mike Jones was, once he committed he started working hard on XT and others.

Feb 10, 2019, 5:10 PM

I’d say you spelled it out pretty good. Offense, no worry. Kinda like the oline for leading the unit.

Defense wise, Simmons and AJ need to step up as well as Skalski and Muse. Actually, I think XT and Kelly will step up along with Pink. Just the way XK went to Dabo and wanted to redshirt seemed like a veteran and natural leader.

Think Darnell steps up too since he does look so old.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2019, 5:18 PM

I know I said Xavier but I really was thinking about KJ Henry... although I think Xavier can help bring the cohesion too. Really hoping Cash will step up too.

Don’t discount Dukes on offense either. Eager and that b-ball letter told me a lot. Plus he rocks a bow tie.

Feb 10, 2019, 7:32 PM

I have no idea who they all will be, but Trevor Lawrence steps it up some now that he has a season under his belt. I could see Amari Rodgers, a couple of other wr's, some DB's, and some OL being great leaders.

Feb 10, 2019, 10:29 PM

Amari Rodgers really seems to have it together; I expect him to be a leader. KJ Henry also seems to have a real good head on his shoulders.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic