Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For Fear of being outcast from TNet I will not report which Fan Group filled their Stadium..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

For Fear of being outcast from TNet I will not report which Fan Group filled their Stadium..

Apr 22, 2018, 8:46 AM

for Spring Football game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

However, a hint would be the word..

Apr 22, 2018, 8:47 AM

Husker.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ As in

Apr 22, 2018, 8:47 AM

Nebraska.

Apr 22, 2018, 8:51 AM

You r Welcome...

and Bama was 2nd..

and Coots had 25K to Clemson’s 55K.

Best thing is that these attendance figures won’t win a Natty in 2018!

TOO LATE! You must go now....

Apr 22, 2018, 8:58 AM

..... and we’ll be marching in the streets, demanding that crump and b-meist take down your 80’ banner that hangs on the tnet corporate headquarters building.

How could you betray us like this, BiLl?!

I am SO embarrassed for you.

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nebraska charges $5/car. Lol******

Apr 22, 2018, 11:57 AM [ in reply to 86,816 ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Georgia have 86,000 as well?

Apr 22, 2018, 2:50 PM [ in reply to 86,816 ]

xx

Re: For Fear of being outcast from TNet I will not report which Fan Group filled their Stadium..

Apr 22, 2018, 9:11 AM

See the thing about it is Clemson's spring game has become larger and larger over time. From 20,000 in 80's to 55,000. And even that beat last years 50,000. 55,000 is a record and I only see it getting bigger but others are right about number of alumni and state population. Beyond the spring game is the record setting number of season tickets sold. I suspect if we keep winning under Dabo like I think we will then old Death Valley might soon expand to 90,000 seats and beyond. That is more important than spring game attendance.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For Fear of being outcast from TNet I will not report which Fan Group filled their Stadium..

Apr 22, 2018, 12:16 PM

AThomas® said:

See the thing about it is Clemson's spring game has become larger and larger over time. From 20,000 in 80's to 55,000. And even that beat last years 50,000. 55,000 is a record and I only see it getting bigger but others are right about number of alumni and state population. Beyond the spring game is the record setting number of season tickets sold. I suspect if we keep winning under Dabo like I think we will then old Death Valley might soon expand to 90,000 seats and beyond. That is more important than spring game attendance.

Go Tigers!!!

If we increase to 90000 there will be even more empty seats for not so big games. The upper deck usually has 4 very big empty sections for games unless we are playing a big game that has meaning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree. We have over 22K students, and there is currently

Apr 22, 2018, 1:03 PM

a ticket allotment for only 10K students. If every student could get a ticket, the students who care the most will be there. That, and if you allow a date ticket for the student (did this in the late 70's/early 80's when I was a student), you could VERY easily add another 10K seats to DV just from the students/dates alone. If only 70% of the students wanted to attend the game you would be over 15K (5K more than attends today), add 25% of them buying a date/family member a ticket, that would add close to 4K more, bringing the student/date ticket usage alone up to 20K instead of 10K. Any student allotment tickets not picked up one week before the game would be made available to the general public.

All of that could be done without additional season holder tickets, but we all know there would be more of those.

The only problem I see with Death Valley is the upper corners of the North Stands. Unlike almost all other college football stadiums, Clemson has over 70 rows in both lower decks. Both the South and North stands have press box and/or luxury boxes that rise up above both lower decks. The North Upper Deck has an additional 41 rows. It is OK between the 20's up there, but tickets in both corners are given to the visiting teams, and those visiting fans who have done it once, typically don't want to do it again. I had one good friend that is an FSU grad. He said it is like watching a crowd watch a game. Not attractive to pay $90 for those seats. I know of no other stadium with over 100 sidelines rows.

Take WB in Cola for example, they have less than 45 row in their sideline lower decks. There is also a slight overhang from the upper deck. They have somewhere in the low 40's in their upper deck. They get close to DV in capacity due to the continuous seating around the stadium, and the large endzone upper deck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2018, 9:24 AM

Spring in SC offers fans many entertainment options. Spring in Nebraska offers fans very few entertainment options.

Apr 22, 2018, 9:37 AM

You are spot on. I was hoping we’d at least hit 65 k but Even though week after the masters golf, it’s a big weekend in S.C. for the heritage golf tournament and i might add that it was spring planting time too.

But mostly what others have said, we’re still small compared to the other centers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2018, 10:53 AM

The great Gene Hackman once said in Unforgiven "He[[ I thought I was dead myself but then I woke up and realized I was just in Nebraska "

Pine Bluff, Nebraska. Home of (then) young Cherie...

Apr 22, 2018, 11:14 AM

... whom I met on a summer highway construction job east of Cheyenne, Wyoming. We had an amazing three month fling before I had to return to Clemson in 1979.

I have VERY fond memories of Nebraska ....

.... oh, wait, that’s not what this post is about, is it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Bill, if pretty little NE Cherie had stolen your heart..

Apr 22, 2018, 12:16 PM

then Mrs. Bill would not have become your life-time partner and given you free license to do your Clemson thing..

whereas Ms Cherie would have made you support the Red-clad Corn Huskers..and you would have had to attend that national record-breaking Spring FB Practice yesterday..probably in a heavy warm P-Coat.

LoL

Apr 22, 2018, 12:07 PM

Boy, Bill, you are really obsessed with spring game attendance figures.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For Fear of being outcast from TNet I will not report which Fan Group filled their Stadium..***

Apr 22, 2018, 2:45 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Shamecocks might have had 10k for their Spring Scrimmage

Apr 22, 2018, 2:50 PM

There was no way they had 25,000!

Apr 22, 2018, 2:49 PM

We don't care, unless it is TIGER connected, so please keep other team's good news off her. It is like rubbing salt into wounds.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nebraska has been irrelevant for nearly 20 years now and

Apr 22, 2018, 2:57 PM

their fans are absolutely dying for any glimmer of hope that they can return to the glory days of the 80s and 90s. Now they finally have favored son Scott Frost, the hottest coaching commodity in CFB last year, returning to Lincoln. It's also Nebraska so there's literally nothing else for them to do aside from go to the spring game. The only things keeping them from filling it in years past were apathy and protest.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic