Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Tigers ranked #5 in Coaches Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Football Update: Tigers ranked #5 in Coaches Poll

Sep 8, 2013, 12:44 PM

Tigers ranked #5 in Coaches Poll

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i just don't understand Stanford being ranked ahead of us***

Sep 8, 2013, 1:49 PM

Re: i just don't understand Stanford being ranked ahead of us***

Sep 8, 2013, 1:52 PM

Cause Spurrier probably got mad and voted us 10th or something. We should be no worse than 4th in any poll...the UGA win looks much bigger now.

Re: i just don't understand Stanford being ranked ahead of us***

Sep 8, 2013, 5:23 PM

you guys have spurrier on your brain, how can one coach change our position in a poll? I believe Stanford finished ahead of in the polls last year and started ahead of us this year. I don't believe they have lost. but you may be right that spurrier called enough coaches and got them to vote others ahead of us. really?

Re: Re: i just don't understand Stanford being ranked ahead of us***

Sep 8, 2013, 5:31 PM

Ohio State hasn't lost either, but we pulled out a more impressive win than either Stanford or Ohio State.

3 straight BCS bowls, won two of them, won the PAC 12

Sep 8, 2013, 4:28 PM [ in reply to i just don't understand Stanford being ranked ahead of us*** ]

last year, and look to be strong again this year. Why should WE be ranked ahead of THEM? Just curious what the rationale is. You can't base everything on results two weeks into the season and write them off because they haven't played anyone, expectations have to factor in somewhere.

Re: 3 straight BCS bowls, won two of them, won the PAC 12

Sep 8, 2013, 5:30 PM

Results should supersede expectations. That's why I don't like the "Beauty Pageant" element of College Football. It's ########.

Sep 8, 2013, 5:40 PM [ in reply to 3 straight BCS bowls, won two of them, won the PAC 12 ]

Who gives a #### what they have done the last 3 years? This year is what the polls SHOULD be for.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2013, 8:09 PM [ in reply to 3 straight BCS bowls, won two of them, won the PAC 12 ]

Good points, but polls do come out preseason and there is room for questions every year. Probably would be a great idea to have no polls until week 5. Then there is history past and recent from which to make a judgement. We probably would hat that too, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Tigers ranked #5 in Coaches Poll

Sep 8, 2013, 4:06 PM

Standford and Oregon have to play one another. Ohio State is done. I doubt Bama goes undefeated. JUST WIN!!

The correct perspective. Some help in the PAC 12 needed.

Sep 8, 2013, 6:15 PM

Michigan should destroy Ohio State from what I've seen. Bama has the scheduling benefit of byes before their only two tough conference games. It's a SLYve thing for a 3-peat finish to the BCS. I don't think it will help but if we could, I'd love to see a Bama-Clemson matchup in Pasedena.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic