Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ND's Brian Kelly on move to ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Football Update: ND's Brian Kelly on move to ACC

Sep 12, 2012, 2:48 PM

ND's Brian Kelly on move to ACC

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't sound good for them joining in football***

Sep 12, 2012, 2:52 PM

ReFootball Update: ND's Brian Kelly on move to ACC- at least

Sep 12, 2012, 2:53 PM

if ND ever shows in DV they will bring thousands more fans than that pathetic Ball State turnout.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ReFootball Update: ND's Brian Kelly on move to ACC- at least

Sep 12, 2012, 2:55 PM

what about when we play ND in South Bend? How many fans turn out in Clemson for that? Zero....we're losing a home game and whether it's ball state or furman that's a big loss....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2012, 2:58 PM

not if they go back to nine conf games. plus depending on when it falls you wont lose a home game necessarily

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2012, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: ReFootball Update: ND's Brian Kelly on move to ACC- at least ]

You know not everyone lives around Clemson/Greenville or even in SC. I applaud the addition of a game in ND. It is a beautiful campus that I would love to visit and enjoy for a game (just like I do the BC game every time the Tigers play up here). If we are not showing up to away games then we need to look at our alumni standing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How would we lose a home game?

Sep 13, 2012, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: ReFootball Update: ND's Brian Kelly on move to ACC- at least ]

You think UGA, Auburn etc are going to come to Clemson without a return trip to their stadium? All top level competition is going to require at least a home and home.

If thats your measure of "losing a home game" then our strength of schedule will suck forever.

Re: Football Update: ND's Brian Kelly on move to ACC

Sep 12, 2012, 3:35 PM

How does that improve their bowl opportunities? Is he saying that because of them being able to schedule other opponents froma BCS tied in conference? The reason I ask is due to the fact as the new system goes into affect with the demise of the BCS their guaranteed tie in with a BCS bowl if they have a nine win season goes out the window. It is my understanding that any independent will be hurt by not having a tie in with a conference?? Am I wrong in my understanding?

Sep 12, 2012, 3:43 PM

ND now has the same oppurtunities as a WF, Miami, etc. to an ACC tie-in bowl, excluding a BCS bowl. So, if they're BCS eligible they can go as an Independent, but if they're not eligible, they get to STEAL one of our (ACC) bowls. Total BS what the ACC did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Sep 12, 2012, 3:50 PM

Believe the ACC sees it as a negotiating tool. They can go to bowls and say you will get to choose from Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech (all of which are top 25 or higher in any given year and travel very well), Notre Dame, in addition to a down team having a good year like UNC, NC State that travel well, and then UVA, GT and Miami.

Hopefully can go back at the Florida bowls to get Outback, Capital One, Gator..

Not only did our decision makers allow this to happen, they

Sep 12, 2012, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: ND's Brian Kelly on move to ACC ]

seem to have led the way.

and whose idea was it to increase the buyout? Clemson and FSU had that 1 bargaining chip to fight against the basketball schools and now we lost that. IF our leaders voted to increase that buyout, they deserve to lose their jobs.

They solidified their status as independents, they maintain

Sep 12, 2012, 4:07 PM

their national reach, and they have much better bowl options.

The ACC gets ND field hockey, soccer, men's basketball and not a gosh darn thing in the way of football. in fact, it seems like we lose something in football. We HAVE to play ND as do other teams so we lose the ability to schedule better teams or teams from the SEC or Big 12? ND gets an ACC bowl spot? If ND plays in a bowl game, do we share in the revenue?

Swofford, you suk.

Clemson decision makers, you owe us an explaination. We give you our money and you sign away our rights to use our appeal to look outside the ACC and take away 1 negotiating chip that we had?

JBFC, I'm po'd.

Re: They solidified their status as independents, they maintain

Sep 13, 2012, 8:54 AM

Worse than that,I forsee Notre D. taking away a bowl spot from a real ACC team every year they win 6 games!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only a fan with their head in the sand can read Kelly's

Sep 13, 2012, 9:39 AM

statement and still think that Notre Dame ever intends to join the ACC as a football member.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic