Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit previews CU-VT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Football Update: ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit previews CU-VT

Sep 30, 2011, 4:32 PM

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit previews CU-VT

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good preview - it's encouraging....

Sep 30, 2011, 5:59 PM

The only negative thing he had to say about Clemson was our history. Which does not pertain to this team. It's the past. It's done. Over.

And nothing good to say about VT. Nothing bad. But nothing good. "They haven't played anyone."

I think we've got a great shot at winning this game tomorrow night. The only way we lose is by doing stupid things - turnovers, penalties, special teams gaffes. And I don't see us doing enough of that to make a difference.

GO TIGERS!

Re: Good preview - it's encouraging....

Sep 30, 2011, 6:01 PM

I hope they got all those "mistakes" over with last game.....

Oct 1, 2011, 2:41 AM

VT has won at least 10 games each season for the last 7 yrs. no other team in the entire country can say this...That, Mr. Herbstreit, is VT...theyve been the best in the ACC over the last decade. It rlly doesnt sound like kirk has much insight/knowledge when it comes to ACC football...and this myth about clemson not being able to handle prosperity or being called underachievers is ludicrous. Clemson has been solid over the last decade with average to good talent by ACC standards. They have overachieved if anything...FSU and miami get the most highly sought after talent every year, and guess who has finished ahead of them in them in # of total ACC wins over the last 5 yrs???thats right clemson has more ACC wins than both FSU and miami over the last 5yrs!!! Clemsons' recruiting has definitely picked up over the last recently, but Miami and FSU continually have higher rated recruiting classes every year...Not only is clemson starting to attract more talent, theyre coaching staff is seemingly gettn their ##### together...and they seem to have found a Gem in new OC Morris.
The biggest question in this game, is whether or not an improving Clemson program has risen high enough to beat the Kingpin of the ACC in their own backyard? Its a daunting task, but this team has found ways to win and has proved everyone wrong so far...there is no quit in this tiger team!

Clemson has always had the passion and the heart, and now they are getting people in key spots with the ability needed to harness that desire, and in essence ignite the beast that is Clemson. Poundem Tigers!!!!!

Point for you

Oct 1, 2011, 3:14 AM

This should have been a post on its own.

Oct 1, 2011, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Good preview - it's encouraging.... ]

To me, a huge reason we are where we now are is the changes in coaching staff. Our OL is improving, and we now have a real OC who knows how to maximize our talent. To me, that is as much of a difference as anything, and we certainly have added much quality depth. There are many weapons on this team, and we have an OC who knows how to use them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic