Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ESPNU asks who has the better pre-game entrance - Clemson or VT?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Football Update: ESPNU asks who has the better pre-game entrance - Clemson or VT?

Sep 29, 2011, 10:30 PM

ESPNU asks who has the better pre-game entrance - Clemson or VT?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: ESPNU asks who has the better pre-game entrance - Clemson or VT?

Sep 29, 2011, 10:31 PM

Is this a joke ESPNU? I hope so.

I just s*** myself when i heard this. Sorry Clemson fans you are missing one key component "Metallica"

The "Hokie Stone"? Really?***

Sep 29, 2011, 10:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The "Hokie Stone"? Really?***

Sep 29, 2011, 10:37 PM

Translation - "the hokie(emasculated turkey) stone"
How lame!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Its like a pizza stone but for turkey. duh***

Sep 29, 2011, 10:39 PM [ in reply to The "Hokie Stone"? Really?*** ]

I thought a Hokie had no stones?***

Sep 30, 2011, 7:53 AM [ in reply to The "Hokie Stone"? Really?*** ]

Hokie stone is the term for the stone used at VT

Sep 30, 2011, 9:07 AM [ in reply to The "Hokie Stone"? Really?*** ]

Hokie stone is just limestone from 2 local quarry's used as the exterior veneer in all of VT's buildings on campus. They've been using it since the campus was founded but they only started calling it Hokie stone in the 90s

they actually copied us

Sep 30, 2011, 12:57 PM [ in reply to The "Hokie Stone"? Really?*** ]

A lot of the buildings on their campus are actually made out of "hokie stone," so they took a piece of it and had the players tough it before going into the stadium, a la Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're missing "Metallica" and they're missing an actual...

Sep 29, 2011, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: ESPNU asks who has the better pre-game entrance - Clemson or VT? ]

true/traditional fight song that's unique to their school.

I guess VT stands for rock music and we stand for traditional college atmosphere.

VT, you've just been completely and forever owned because of this little BS, meaningless ESPNU thing, haha.

LOL***

Sep 29, 2011, 10:33 PM

it's a trick question....

Sep 29, 2011, 10:34 PM

both teams have run down the hill

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Are they serious?

Sep 29, 2011, 10:50 PM

I'm sorry but even south carolina has a better entrance than VT. At least SC plays a good song to make up for the high school entrance. Metallica just screams white trash. Can't beat real tradition like we have

Photobucket
My bad Trevor

So, fans from both schools think their's is better?

Sep 29, 2011, 10:54 PM

Shocking.

Though I did laugh at some of the VT thinking in that one :
1) You have a rock thats been in place for decades, we have a stone that's been around a few years
2) You have a collegiate fight song played by a college band (like God intended), but we win because we have a song from the 90's

BTW, I HATE that friggin song. I worked for a short while at Guitar Center and every 13 year old in the world would head in on Saturday afternoon, grab a guitar, turn the amp up, and mangle the intro.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and surely neither side Biased.

Sep 29, 2011, 11:25 PM

Haha, so I youtubed their entrance. Nothing tradition about it. I will say the fireworks were the best touch. they love it though so let them think what they want. I dont recall them being on the best tradition voting list for EAsports. ESPN is stupid for even asking. Once again they did 0 research. However it does strike a nerve when an opposing fan says something like "running down a hill, thats just stupid" they obiously have never been to a clemson game.

Actually the Hokie Stone has been there since Lane was built

Sep 30, 2011, 2:37 AM [ in reply to So, fans from both schools think their's is better? ]

it is built into the stadium tunnel

Isn't the entire campus built with "Hokie Stone" ??

Sep 30, 2011, 7:37 AM

Stand to reason that they'd have some Hokie stone in the stadium as well.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

right... the question is when did it become like the rock?

Sep 30, 2011, 1:01 PM

Probably not until after Clemson's tradition was already known

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a shock, each fan picks their own team's tradition as..

Sep 29, 2011, 11:43 PM

the better one.

Seriously?

Guarantee that if they polled a group of unbiased fans (non-Clemson and non-VT fans) that at least 80% of them would say Clemson's is WAY more storied and unique.

I'm sorry...but jumping up and down to a crappy 90's song

Sep 29, 2011, 11:47 PM

is not a good entrance.

NOTHING BEATS THE HILL!

What happens 10 years from now when they get tired of their

Sep 30, 2011, 5:38 AM

song from the 90's? Tradtion rules.

LOL ^^^This

Sep 30, 2011, 6:06 AM

Same goes to USuC... you guys wanna have a theme song called "2001" forever?

sucks being these schools with their fading traditions. my favorite school's tradition will NEVER FADE

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enter Sandman & 66k?? WoWoWoWoWoWzzzeerrrrr

Sep 30, 2011, 6:05 AM

don't break a nail VT

-34 Hours to Operation Turkey Fry

Sep 30, 2011, 9:02 AM

Enter Sandman,,, Had a Hokie in my unit in A-Stan, and we would sometimes play this on the Helos as we pulled out of Bagram on missions. Song can get you pumped up, but we played AC/DC Thunder Struck, Skillet Monster, and others at times as well.

Hence the VT entrance song can be replaced. The Tigers entrance is one of a kind and I don't see it at High School football games.

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way.
Sine Pari- The tip of the spear.
Cofounder / USASOC Black Daggers 2001

LOL thought that was Dabo sitting to the left on the Sofa.***

Sep 30, 2011, 7:26 AM

That was a wasted minute of my life that I'll never get back***

Sep 30, 2011, 7:47 AM

A stone? We've have a ROCK! That's like bringing a knife

Sep 30, 2011, 7:56 AM

to a gun fight!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Football Update: ESPNU asks who has the better pre-game entrance - Clemson or VT?

Sep 30, 2011, 8:04 AM

66,000 Hokie fans is special to them? Wow! 66,000 at a Clemson game is an empty house and an epic failure. They need to play more real programs before they are allowed to judge. Kinda like something really small that may be okay at home, but if you pull it out away from home, it would cause a giggle. That is Lane Stadium and VT fanbase.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our exit is better than their entrance.***

Sep 30, 2011, 8:07 AM

This is a fairly simple argument....

Sep 30, 2011, 8:28 AM

VT enters the stadium to a song.

This song has absolutely nothing to do with their university.

It's a great song, as I am a fan of Metallica myself.

But, it's a song.

Clemson enters the stadium after touching Howard's Rock and running down The Hill. It's tradition. And here's the key.... there is a story and a reason behind the tradition.

VT has a cool entrance, but better than Clemson's?

Not even worth arguing...

Even the TV networks agree . .

Sep 30, 2011, 9:25 AM

Clemson's entrance is spectacular. Whenever they broadcast a Clemson home game they ALWAYS show the run down the hill. Not so at VT. Also, in any discussion of pregame traditions everyone talks about Clemson. VT is never mentioned.

Sorry, Hokies.

Sep 30, 2011, 10:17 AM

Credit you - the Sandman thing gets you all wild and jacked up, etc. Good. And it's a big deal to you guys - good. But it's not original. Any team that wants to put on Metallica and have their team run out to it can do just that - just change the CD.

There's no comparison. No other school enters the field like we do. No Howard's Rock anywhere else. No hill. No buildup as they stand at the top of the hill for all to see. No 5,000 students surrounding them as they enter the valley. No 50 years of unique history.

Of course, we don't have piped in Metallica music either. Wait...I'm actually OK with that.

No comparison.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2011, 10:25 AM

Really?? Playing a song that was released in 1991 a "tradition",,c'mon,,don't get me wrong I love Metallica but "tradition" compared to the "most exciting 25 seconds in college football",,,get real!! The Hill, Howard's Rock, the fans lined up on the sides,,no comparison,,Clemson undoubtedly, the best tradition in college football today, tomorrow, forever, period!

Photobucket

TARGET LOCKED

Sep 30, 2011, 1:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCLt6VPudwk

Just an edition to my post

Photobucket

TARGET LOCKED

What's that sweet apartment complex where the CU

Sep 30, 2011, 10:28 AM

students are filmed?

looks like those new townhouses off of 93...

Sep 30, 2011, 12:53 PM

on the way to Central.

Re: What's that sweet apartment complex where the CU

Sep 30, 2011, 1:58 PM [ in reply to What's that sweet apartment complex where the CU ]

Looks like Chimney Ridge back behind Ingles to me:

http://www.chimneyridgeofclemson.com/

Sep 30, 2011, 10:53 AM

this is the most pointless thing I have ever seen. Of course every Clemson student is going to say running down the hill is better and of course every Va Tech student is going to say their stupid sandman entrance is better.

the point is to get fans to talk about their entrance...

Sep 30, 2011, 12:53 PM

not to determine who has the best entrance.... duh

I'm more embarassed that our fans didn't have more to say

Sep 30, 2011, 12:59 PM

Maybe they just ignored the people who really made good arguments as to why a tradition that is specific to our school is better than a team running into their stadium to a song they probably won't want to hear in a few years.

How often does someone fall on the hill?

Sep 30, 2011, 1:08 PM

I mean, that is what happened the last time VT played at Clemson.

CH

Certain recent Clemson home night games:

Sep 30, 2011, 1:50 PM

Tex A&M 05,Ga Tech 06, FSU 07 and 09...

Sorry Gobblers, I don't think ANYONE can beat the entrances at those games. ESP Ga Tech 06, that was NUTS. Enter Sandman is pretty cool though. I actually like Ga Tech's entrance second best. The Ramblin' Wreck is pretty cool.

Here is the thing...EVERY OTHER "ENTRANCE" IS SOME

Sep 30, 2011, 1:54 PM

CONTRIVED STEAMING PILE OF CRAP. Ours did not start out as a way to get the fans fired up or anything else. When Memorial Stadium was built it was the quickest was to get from the field house to the field. You can't beat traditions born of simply being the best way to do something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, where's Ashton Kuchar? Am I about to get Punk'd?

Sep 30, 2011, 1:55 PM

With that ridiculuous question, someone at ESPNU needs to find a better topic.

Put that question on the ESPN poll and see what the Nation says. I bet you 95% of the states would be orange. And not maroon/orange.

Sep 30, 2011, 4:40 PM

At least none of the Clemson students on the video said "We're the best 'cause we have the Woo Hoo"...however,come to think about it...if we could entice some famous rock group to record the Woo Hoo...NOT !

Enter Sandman and 66K, whoa SuperSammy may not come out

Sep 30, 2011, 5:04 PM

LMAO,
I will enjoy laughing at there ridiulous entrance saturday night.

Go Tigers and SuperSammy!!!

Oct 2, 2011, 6:20 PM

After seeig their entrance, I wonder how they even could ask the question. They should have just made the statement, "There is nothing at VT that can compare to anything at Clemson". This inncludes their entrance and copying out rock.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is this a joke ???***

Oct 2, 2011, 7:00 PM

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic