Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: QB Guru talks about Tajh Boyd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: QB Guru talks about Tajh Boyd

Apr 4, 2012, 10:18 AM

QB Guru talks about Tajh Boyd

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets just hope he didnt teach Boyd the KP screen.........

Apr 4, 2012, 10:23 AM

I dont want him throwing the ball 100 mph at the rbs and wrs on screen passes like KP used to. Although more velocity on some oh his balls could benefit him. Keep up the good work Tajh!!!

Re: Football Player Update: QB Guru talks about Tajh Boyd

Apr 4, 2012, 11:14 AM

Can he teach him to stop throwing out interceptions like beads at mardi gras?

Apr 4, 2012, 11:19 AM

I think that's the point.

When you direct your whole body into the throw you have more control.

Derp.

33 TDs and 12 picks. He did alright last year.***

Apr 4, 2012, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: QB Guru talks about Tajh Boyd ]

Re: 33 TDs and 12 picks. He did alright last year.***

Apr 4, 2012, 12:08 PM

He also had a lot more int's that were dropped!

Apr 4, 2012, 12:10 PM

Yeah. So did the other 110+ division I QB's.

If you think QB was our problem last year, you're kidding yourself.

Apr 4, 2012, 1:27 PM

I don't think he was a problem. I was very impressed with TB last year and expect even a greater season this year.

Apr 4, 2012, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: 33 TDs and 12 picks. He did alright last year.*** ]

Also had some TDs that were dropped

Apr 4, 2012, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: QB Guru talks about Tajh Boyd ]

This is one of the most ignorant a$$ statements I've ever read on here ... and there's been plenty. You're basing your arguments against his stats based on what 'could' have happened? Really?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just leave out "statement" and you'll be correct.***

Apr 4, 2012, 2:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2012, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: QB Guru talks about Tajh Boyd ]

He threw 12 lastyear??? vs 30 td's

Re: Re: Football Player Update: QB Guru talks about Tajh Boyd

Apr 4, 2012, 12:16 PM

Your talking about a first year starter at qb. This is not the 80s you have to throw the ball to win the game and defenses are faster so of course when you put the ball up 35+ times a game with a first year starter theres gonna be mistakes. The days of Danny Ford have been long gone get over it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 4, 2012, 1:04 PM

I think we should fire Dabo ... We 'could' have lost every game last year.

Apr 4, 2012, 2:39 PM

hilarious!

Apr 4, 2012, 2:24 PM

I'm totally pulling for Boyd as the QB position can absolutely win or lose games almost single handily. Yes - I am one of those that cringed almost every time Boyd threw a pass last year, knowing there's a real good chance that the pass will go right to the defender. Not sure how he was so accurate at doing that. It was freaking uncanny.

Anyway, Boyd will be better. He has the arm - no question. His footwork got better as the year progressed, so I think he'll be fine there. I still think he has issues finding his targets quickly enough. If he gets quicker at that, or the OLine protects longer, then Boyd will be awesome at QB. He will put up some incredible numbers, possibly becoming one of the most prolific QB's CLEMSON has ever had. AWESOME.

Can't wait myself.

Astute Advice for Boyd...and yes, he can throw a mean ball

Apr 4, 2012, 2:44 PM

When he has time and is confident...like strikes against Auburn or FSU or VT...but not so against USC when rushed.

This young man has what it takes..has given his dues...while his Mother & Dad have done the ultmost to give him the scenario to succeed, by moving to Clemson. ver

Remember he was a highly sought out recruit and had offers and/or interest from other fine colleges like: Michigan, OH ST, WVU..and others.

Go Tigers & Go QB Boyd.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2012, 2:40 PM

I'd like to know what he can do for Boyd sailing his passes too high. it certainly didn't happen every time but there were quite a few instances where the passes were high, even if they were caught.

Sounds like he's been addressing that very issue. Stepping

Apr 4, 2012, 2:47 PM

into the throws will naturally correct the high balls he had from trying to strong arm off his back foot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like he's been addressing that very issue. Stepping

Apr 4, 2012, 4:17 PM

You beat me to it. Most of the time balls sail because the QB threw off his back foot. Working on footwork can only help. Tajh had a fantastic season last year and I think he will build upon that this season. And to the person who said they didn't want screen passes rifled to the RB's and WR's or would you rather have them skipped there like we saw last season?

Read the comments on the CBS article

Apr 4, 2012, 5:04 PM

It must really suck to be a SoCar fan and feel the need to read every Clemson article and say something bad.

I also find it hilarious that the "university" about ready to go under the NCAA knife thinks there is anything underhanded in Tajh's spring break.

Apr 4, 2012, 5:41 PM

I love the work ethic. If Tajh can improve on from last year this offense IS going to be scary good.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic