Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Latest NFL Mock Draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 3,360

Football Player Update: Latest NFL Mock Draft

Mar 16, 2011, 12:20 PM

Latest NFL Mock Draft

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Gabbert really 1st overall material?

Mar 16, 2011, 2:43 PM

Top 15, yeah, but I don't know if spending the first overall pick on Gabbert is wise when you need virtually every position.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No he isn't. This guy, or the Panthers, are nuts***

Mar 16, 2011, 2:49 PM

Thinking the Panthers will take a QB 1st round

Mar 16, 2011, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Is Gabbert really 1st overall material? ]

If the Panthers were smart they would trade the #1 overall pick and take a lower first round pick from someone. This enables the Panthers to possibly supplement the much needed second round pick they gave away last year for Edwards (dumbest pick ever).

IMO, I don't think any the top 5 players in this years draft are truly worth the #1 overall pick. The only person who would have been worth it decided to play another year (Luck).

But never fear, the Panthers will have the #1 pick again next year since I doubt they will win many if any games.

What happens if we don't have the NFL this year but we have a draft. Then next April rolls around, who picks 1st?? The Panthers again?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My understanding is - they can't trade it while the NFL is

Mar 16, 2011, 3:43 PM

in lock down. Some analyst on Mike-and-Mike said that no transactions related to players are allowed when there is no CBA...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thinking the Panthers will take a QB 1st round

Mar 16, 2011, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Thinking the Panthers will take a QB 1st round ]

Until a new CBA is reached teams cant trade or sign in free agency. Pretty much there is a freeze on your roster. So if a new CBA isnt reached before the Draft teams will have to draft for need instead of talent which will change the entire landscape of the draft. I can see the panthers taking Gabbert or Newton with the 1st pick if they cant trade down because I dont think there is another position worthy of #1 money and its a need if Clausen doesnt step his game up which if last season was an indication he likely wont.

Replies: 5
| visibility 3,360
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic