Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Ellington not among top 6 RBs according to draft insider
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Ellington not among top 6 RBs according to draft insider

Apr 17, 2013, 2:08 PM

Ellington not among top 6 RBs according to draft insider

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will be thier loss... Ellington is a sleeper at RB.

Apr 17, 2013, 2:11 PM

2 back to back 1,000+ rushing yards in our pass-happy, hurry up offense. Plus Boyd running like he did last year and AE still hitting 1,000+ is saying something.

Good, hopefully the Packers will scoop him up with their 2nd

Apr 17, 2013, 2:31 PM

round pick

Re: Football Player Update: Ellington not among top 6 RBs according to draft insider

Apr 17, 2013, 2:34 PM

How does somebody named Pauline say that someone named Christine is better than Ellington?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tony Pauline is a highly respected scout

Apr 17, 2013, 3:37 PM

doesn't mean he's always right, but he's one of the best out there

Re: Tony Pauline is a highly respected scout

Apr 17, 2013, 3:39 PM

So I guess that means Christine is really better than Ellington ?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tony Pauline is a highly respected scout

Apr 17, 2013, 4:44 PM

yes, Michael is a better projected NFL back that AE. he is a bigger back than AE with very similar qualities; explosiveness, one-cut ability, vision, but beats AE in strength and has the better body to take the NFL pounding. if you are going to be a small NFL back, your explosiveness, quickness, elusiveness, one-cut ability, receiving skills have to be off the charts. when there are 240 pound linebackers that have the same quickness and agility of a scatback, NFL GMs are always going to go with the bigger back who will display more toughness and strength than the scat back. James Davis is a perfect example of how a smaller back just doesn't excel as an NFL back, and James was legitimately 205-210 pounds as an NFL back. AE is only 190, that weight makes a world of difference. that is how a Peyton Hillis can go from being a perennial back up to Darren McFadden at Arkansas but make James Davis expendable in Cleveland.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently Andre weighed 199 at the combine. Three of the

Apr 17, 2013, 5:33 PM

top 10 RBs in the NFL in 2012 weighed 200 or less.

Of course big and fast is better than little and fast, all else being equal; and most successful RBs in the NFL are indeed bigger than Andre - nobody would argue otherwise; but it is not true that backs Andre's size don't excel in the NFL, nor is it all that rare.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Apparently Andre weighed 199 at the combine. Three of the

Jun 13, 2013, 11:07 AM

don't miss my point, i am only speaking of the perception of those who do the drafting, not that smaller backs are not successful or even elite talents at the NFL level. i didn't say anything that wasn't true in regards to opinions of scouts and GM's when are stats are equal, nor did i say that smaller backs are unsuccessful at the NFL level...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow, saw on TV last night he was #3 RB on the board

Apr 17, 2013, 2:51 PM

who's in charge of this mis-information!?!?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess it depends on who you ask.***

Apr 17, 2013, 3:56 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I like Ellington but

Apr 17, 2013, 2:57 PM

This does not surprise me. Although he is a versatile back, he really isn't nfl caliber. At most I see him playing a backup for most of his career. I'm not knocking him but this is what I see. He had flashes last season of greatness n showed he was reliable but he never really stood out. At least not where he needed to. He was an average to good back. But not great.

how can you call a 1st team all conference back as

Apr 17, 2013, 4:46 PM

average. In my mind what sets him back is his injury history.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

most idiotic post of all time...***

Apr 17, 2013, 7:06 PM [ in reply to I like Ellington but ]

Average? He got 1000 yards in 2011 behind a terrible….

Apr 17, 2013, 7:43 PM [ in reply to I like Ellington but ]

offensive line. Ellington is anything but average.

??? WHAT??!!!

Apr 17, 2013, 9:03 PM [ in reply to I like Ellington but ]

Let's see, he's had great numbers in every regard (overall, YPC, Fumbles/Carry,YAC), he has a great burst, unbelieveable vision, exceptional balance and above average straight-line speed. He is one of the best pass blocking RB's i've seen in a long time.
The ONLY knocks on him are his durability and pass catching skills. I believe him to have decent hands but was never given much opportunity to showcase or improve in this area.

Yea, that sounds average to me......

If you're going to try and diminish a great Clemson player, you need to detail his weaknesses. Your comments were not reasoned and simply a personal perspective lacking factual objectivity.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like Ellington but

Apr 17, 2013, 9:16 PM [ in reply to I like Ellington but ]

Probably a backup but I think he will do well if he goes somewhere that uses a commitee approach. He may start in a situation like that. Needs to be somewhere that carries are split.

Re: I like Ellington but

Apr 18, 2013, 9:48 AM [ in reply to I like Ellington but ]

you sir then are clueless about football

Re: Football Player Update: Ellington not among top 6 RBs according to draft insider

Apr 17, 2013, 3:11 PM

Not a surprise.

This is one guy's uninformed draft list***

Apr 17, 2013, 7:42 PM

Ellington Boost

Apr 17, 2013, 9:07 PM

As a soph, Ellington had a 10 yard boost equal or quicker than CJ the man. With good health, he will have a chance to excel in the NFL. Best wishes Mr. Ellington. You have a huge built-in fan base.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a joke right?

Apr 18, 2013, 9:47 AM

Hs to be the injuries as the only concern wich is understandable...but hes way better than several of the names on that list

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic