Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Clemson's Top Prospect: Tajh Boyd Or Sammy Watkins?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,413

Football Player Update: Clemson's Top Prospect: Tajh Boyd Or Sammy Watkins?

May 23, 2013, 2:27 PM

Clemson's Top Prospect: Tajh Boyd Or Sammy Watkins?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but so can Tajh...***

May 23, 2013, 3:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy Watkins Sr yr?

May 23, 2013, 9:28 PM

Any chance no matter how good or how bad this yr becomes that Deuce comes back for final year?

Re: Sammy Watkins Sr yr?

May 23, 2013, 9:32 PM

Probably not a great chance. Even if he has a terrible season he could still be drafted in like the second round based on measurables alone. He's 6'1"-6'2"ish and around 210 now, will probably run in the low-mid 4.30s at the Combine and has pretty big hands. Some team will fall in love with him whether he catches 100 passes for 1500 yards or 15 passes for 100 yards. I think he goes. Spiller surprised a lot of people, but Sammy isn't CJ.

Re: Football Player Update: Clemson's Top Prospect: Tajh Boyd Or Sammy Watkins?

May 23, 2013, 4:10 PM

Can't tell you how blessed we are to have both of them on our team and sammy probably will go higher in the draft because of his position but Tajh Boyd is the leader of this team. I'm sure the offense we run has a lot to do with the numbers Boyd puts up but i think he is the best QB we have ever had at Clemson. He is a total team player and tough as nails...plus, he came back for his senior season which makes him extra special. Hopefully sammy can pick up where nuk left off.

Starting QB vs. starting Receiver....

May 24, 2013, 5:02 AM

Sammy may very well go higher, but I think Tajh finds a home at starting QB somewhere in the NFL, eventually and I think that trumps receiver, particularly given the differences in temperament.

Tajh is a worker, absolutely fearless, tough, has grown up enough to forget the last play and has consistently gotten better and better at THE most important position.

Sammy, more than anything, needs to show that he can be successful, but a large measure of that is being able to handle the success when it happens. He looks like he should be a great player but only time will tell whether his second chance was a wake up call or the start of a pattern.

Give me an ATM over a roulette wheel, any day.

Sammy will have to improve upon last years unimpressive

May 24, 2013, 6:29 AM

numbers, he needs to have another good year---come on! Tajh has proven himself time and again but needs to eliminate the questionable decisions. I'm glad that we have both and I expect both will have great years!

Shall we ask Eric Clapton which finger is most important?

May 24, 2013, 8:20 AM

I know it's downtime but I'm not about to get involved in a discussion as impractical as picking which of my testicles to bash!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apples and oranges

May 24, 2013, 9:53 AM

If Sammy has a Sammy2011/Nuk2012 season this year, he could easily be the first skill player taken, probably in the top 10. Tajh will conintue his awesomeness and be the first or second QB taken in the first round, but probably after Sammy. It's really hard to say now, because we don't know the NFL teams' needs at WR and QB. But it's more likely Sammy will go first.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We could potentially have two top-10 picks if they both

May 24, 2013, 11:27 AM

have big seasons.

After last year's terrible QB draft, there are going to be teams really looking to draft a QB, and Boyd has the potential to be the 1st or 2nd QB selected.

Sammy has always had top-10 talent, he just needs to rebound with a season like he had in 2011.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,413
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic