Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football/Music analogy for downtime
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Football/Music analogy for downtime

May 6, 2019, 8:04 AM

(Sorry for you young guys out there who might miss some of the references)

Before Dabo, we were Dexys Midnight Runners...a one hit wonder. There might be a better example here, because we had several periods of somewhat consistent success, but still, just the one trophy.

Ten years later, I would say we are more like The Eagles - multiple runs of success with the hardware to back it up

Bama would be the Rolling Stones; the gold standard for longevity and consistent success, but a little long in the tooth
Georgia is Hootie and the Blowfish; everybody knows who they are, and they had a brief moment in the sun, but nothing since
Florida State is Garth Brooks; white hot winning machine but disappeared overnight
Notre Dame is the Grateful Dead; legendary following, longevity and a few successes along the way

I guess that makes the Coots a 5 points garage band who plays mostly Rolling Stones and Hootie covers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd compare Uof5C to Beck just for this one song

May 6, 2019, 9:07 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I lived in Cooterville for a year or so in the early 90's

May 6, 2019, 9:21 AM

Sometime while I was there, I acquired a CD from an actual 5 Points college band called Almost Nuts Band. I can't find them on Youtube or in the Apple music store, but I still have that CD, and there are several politically incorrect gems on there. Among them is one called "The A$$hole Song", and it could have been written about 90% of the Coots I know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic