Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Footage dispelling negative things scouts say about DW4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,454

Footage dispelling negative things scouts say about DW4

Feb 13, 2017, 2:03 PM

Great tweet by this guy. I particularly liked the gif addressing the "Deshaun Watson is a one read QB" BS.

https://twitter.com/FBLRave/status/831174741461499904

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another good one is the "pocket presence" one

Feb 13, 2017, 2:07 PM

https://twitter.com/FBLRave/status/809975057892208640

Re: Footage dispelling negative things scouts say about DW4

Feb 13, 2017, 2:17 PM

That is pretty great.

Feb 13, 2017, 2:54 PM

Ha ha, yep. Looking forward to this stud making them look silly on the field, and shutting up the know it alls off the field.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2017, 3:54 PM

The one read stuff has gotten a little bit out of hand. I've seen people criticizing good throws because he threw a strike to the first guy he looked at. Well last I checked, your first read is usually the first read for a reason, and if he's open, you bleeping throw it to him. There's plenty of times where he goes through 2 or 3 guys before throwing as well.

The interceptions are a fair criticism because amid bad routes and tips, there were some truly awful decisions that he made, but there are some good NFL QBs threw a lot of picks in college. Matt Ryan, Jameis Winston, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Tony Romo, and Carson Palmer are all upper-tier active QBs that had a season with 14+ picks in college. And none of them played a 15 game season. Conversely, a lack of college picks doesn't always translate to a lack of NFL picks. Philip Rivers and Andrew Luck didn't throw many in college, but are usually near the top of the INT list in the NFL. The other thing they don't seem to address with this criticism is the fact that it was very obvious that Watson was basically ordered not to run for a good portion of this season. Nobody would admit it, but anybody watching with half a brain could tell that was the case. In the NFL, he'll be free to take off instead of hanging in and trying to force a throw at times like he did this season. But what his lower rushing attempts this season proved was that he doesn't have to run to be successful.

To sum it up, I think Watson is the best QB available this year, and I'm not even the typical orange-glasses wearing Clemson fan that you usually find on here. The love for Trubisky makes no sense considering he only has the one season of significant production, and didn't really do anything eye-popping in the second half of the season. Yeah, Watson made some terrible throws this year. Every QB makes some terrible throws. Bad decisions can be coached and corrected. What can't be coached is the confidence and ability to go out and make plays when it matters most. It's the "it" factor that usually separates a lot of college all-stars from making it at the next level. A perfect example is Watson's predecessor Tajh Boyd who could make all the throws you would ever need him to, but was prone to turning into a basket case in high-pressure moments or letting one mistake turn into three or four. Watson has all of the intangibles you could want in addition to being a supremely gifted passer and runner. I never jump on the "everybody is out to get Clemson" bandwagon because just about every fanbase in the country feels that way at some point, but it does genuinely seem like a lot of people are just desperately searching for and cherry-picking reasons to not like this guy.

Feb 13, 2017, 8:02 PM

Its a win win really.

Watson gets drafted high then he makes good guaranteed money and is probably successful.

If he's drafted later he land on a good team that instantly realizes they got a gem and either gets a year to develop or jumps right in with a team that is already pretty good. Not making THAT much less money but wins way more games. Is more likely to end up with the bigger second contract at this team.

I'm not worried about the GOAT.

One thing that does #### me off is Kizer and Kaya. Trubisky is a good QB but how anyone thinks those losers Kizer and Kaya might be better than Watson are complete morons.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,454
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic