Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I accept it but I don't understand why
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I accept it but I don't understand why

Jan 11, 2016, 10:37 AM

Clemson is so hated, yes I do mean HATED by major media, not all but most. To go a step further, I don't understand the gleeful way they verbally diminish our coach, our players, our season, our talent, our schedule,our success to the point of delegitimizing our entire program. It is baffling why grown men that earn their living by giving their "expert" opinion and analysis hurl such bitter and pointed hate filled barbs at Clemson. I've read enough posts on here to know there are those that will dismiss this as paranoia, go ahead, it won't change the undeniable facts. I suspect that when we win tonight by 50 points or 1 point, nothing will change except the angle of the narrative. Just frustrated. Go Tigers, prove the world wrong, the entire world!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I accept it but I don't understand why

Jan 11, 2016, 10:41 AM

Very well written; very well stated.

Jan 11, 2016, 10:42 AM

Thank you! Go Tigers!

I would like to say it's hatred of the ACC,

Jan 11, 2016, 10:47 AM

but I don't see FSU getting dissed when they're making a run. Perceptions are hard to change. We gained a rep as a finesse team that couldn't line up. Hard to overcome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Can I just give my theory of why we're hated?

Jan 11, 2016, 10:48 AM

We aren't the norm. We're a beautiful little campus in SC. We have absolutely amazing fans. You saw the OB, Oklahoma fans brought it ridiculously weak. We break the mold. We have a high graduation rate. We have a low arrest rate. We discipline our kids before the NCAA gets a hold of them and we have to. Our players have fun when they play football. Our players are humble, they stand for something besides just football, they grow while they are there. We play with heart and soul. We make it difficult to predict b/c your mind says vote against them but your heart says vote for them. In a sense, maybe we should give them some credit maybe some have wanted to believe in us before and we let them down. But that was the past, we're a different culture now. ESPN analysts hate us, but we sure must sell SI magazines, (4 now, right?). They should love us, we are the feel good team. Dabo's back story, DW4s back story, etc. etc. We are a team full of good stories and what college football should be about. They hate us b/c they don't understand us and they want to be us. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

too bad i can only give you 1 TU... great post!

Jan 11, 2016, 10:53 AM

this team is so easy to get behind and pull for!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the Thumbs Up, and agree easy to pull for this

Jan 11, 2016, 11:29 AM

team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Follow the money

Jan 11, 2016, 10:48 AM

ESPN owns the SEC brand. Has millions invested in their brand. They are promoting their brand every chance they get. They vilify anything that threatens their brand. Obviously we are a threat. This is not paranoia, this is business 101.

Re: Follow the money

Jan 11, 2016, 10:51 AM

stay: You nailed it! totally business and anything that threatens the ESPNSEC Spin monsters needs to be degraded in any and all ways possible. The lack of preparation on the part of their on air "analysrts" is astounding unless off course they're trumpeting the SEC. Tigers will prevail it is just a matter of time.

Disney is jumping straight up ESPiN's butt over...

Jan 11, 2016, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Follow the money ]

having two consecutive quarters of losses. OK, so they loss less than half a percent of stock value. Not a big deal is it?

Yes, it's a big deal. People buy stocks expecting to increase their wealth not dispose of it. ESPiN's ### is in a real sling, folks have lost their jobs and every one of those talkers knows that their butts might be next. The sent their best guy to the SEC network. I think they wanted to unload some of his salary on the SEC conference.

Each of them also knows that the SEC Network plays a part in their future too. ESPiN and the SEC formed the network to make money and expected their venture to turn into a cash cow. They pushed an SEC team into the BCS championship and pushed patsys there for their competition. They even pushed two SEC team into the championship game to insure another SEC win.

The conferences got sick of the SEC getting most of the BCS. That's why we have a playoff.

ME

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When things go our way tonight, that sorry POS

Jan 11, 2016, 10:49 AM

Petros Papafatgreek is going to hear about it. I only sent one tweet about the Orangebowl. I'll be come a pest about this one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When things go our way tonight, that sorry POS

Jan 11, 2016, 11:01 AM

Mike Golic, Le Basstard, the Fat Greek are all in the group that I don't understand. just baffling?

It's the whole Clemsoning image,

Jan 11, 2016, 10:55 AM

they keep remembering.

tell 'em capon

Jan 11, 2016, 11:01 AM

Jan 11, 2016, 11:12 AM

They (ESPN and their followers) have sold their souls to the SEC and cannot love another. I'm not sure that they hate us for who we are, but for what we have done. Dabo and the Clemson Football Team has shown the world of College Football that ESPN is full of it and the talking heads can't stand it. Win or lose, everyone one that cares anything about college football has saw the paw. Excuse the grammar, I like the rhyme.

Jan 11, 2016, 11:14 AM

I like "Saw the Paw" nice ring to it! Go Tigers!

Jan 11, 2016, 11:29 AM

I'll go a step further and say that the ELITES in the networks and parent companies do not like the fact that our coach is an unapologetic CHRISTian!! These undertones are passed down from the very top!

Jan 11, 2016, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: I accept it but I don't understand why ]

Here is the fact, the media does not like us because everything that is done within this program is done correctly. The way we handle our discipline issues. The way we try and grow our athletes as men on the field and off the field. Simply put we do not have a ton of drama within our program, what does the frickin media feed off of? drama. Nobody wants to here about a program doing things the right way and still kicking #### on the field.

Perhaps, if I wasn't such an arrogant SOB, I might be a tad

Jan 11, 2016, 11:32 AM

upset with the pernicious prognosticators.

I do realize, however, that most of the bilious b@stards are insignificant p*ssants unworthy to lick the dirt off our teams' shoes.

SCREW THE SOB'S....MAN THE TORPEDOES, FULL SPEED AHEAD!

GO TIGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!! STOMP THE H3LL OUTA ALAFREAKINBAMA!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The national media I've read in the past two weeks

Jan 11, 2016, 11:40 AM

have been fair and mostly favorable about Clemson. Wall Street Journal has had several complimentary articles. In most I've read, Dabo comes out favorably.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2016, 11:52 AM

Your so right. Hatred runs in the hearts of the people who work at ESPN. They picked Clemson university out of all the schools to spew hatred and venom at. They had a company meeting to decide which school they were gonna hate and loathe, and Clemson was decided. All ESPN employees are going to rot in heII.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic