Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Folks, we have done what we can to flatten
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Folks, we have done what we can to flatten

Apr 27, 2020, 10:48 AM

the curve. We cannot stay shutdown in to eternity and no nation has the ability to pay citizens to stay at home, sorry Dems it is a fantasy .

Much longer and we risk a depression that wipes out a decade,crushes peoples finances and retirements. I would like to be able to buy sanitizer/wipes and masks before opening up but seems the supply chain is all balled up. Still we gotta get back to a somewhat normal here soon.

What we all need to grasp this is going to be here for good until a vaccine and even that will be a carp shoot as far as effectiveness. So it is better now to begin opening back up and we will have to accept a higher death toll and illness. Yes I am in a higher risk group due to age but I will still use my same routines as far as precautions . If the death toll rises by 100% to say 120k it would be tragic but in reality out of a nation of 328m it is small potatoes in truth,unless you die from it of course.

Looking around when I head out to work the streets are busy, folks are out and about, why then should we be locking down business? Seems we gotta do it sometime and as I said in the beginning we have done what we can .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For some reason the states across the south of America...

Apr 27, 2020, 11:02 AM

have fared much better than the northeast. I'm guessing it's the intensity of the sun and perhaps a bit cleaner air which lets more UV light through. Some of our luck was due to being a couple weeks behind the northeast on the edge of the outbreak. Our elder and most vulnerable population was much more protected due to the nursing home outbreaks in Washington state and New England.

That's one bright side. The other is that federalism hasn't died from this virus pandemic. State still maintain the right to deal with their problems with only assistance from the federal government rather than having DC pass laws giving congress and the president the power to dictate when and how we proceed.

A bad thing is that the medical community took all the n95 mask which everyone needs to wear in public now so as to protect one another. Perhaps this will workout better too if it works toward helping us achieve herd immunity quicker.

I think it's about time for the CDC and FDA need to approve hospitals and other medical facilities to start rescheduling all the operations they canceled due to the outbreak.

Imo, school is out until fall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Folks, we have done what we can to flatten

Apr 27, 2020, 11:10 AM

I am a Dem and I agree.

Apr 27, 2020, 11:10 AM

I am a Dem and I agree.

Apr 27, 2020, 11:28 AM

Carlsbad, was not saying DEMS want to keep it shut down but seems they sure like the idea of a UBI. Nobody has the money for that fantasy is where I was going. Especially for 16 and up, now tell me what 16 year old lost a job paying $2k per month? Sheesh, seems Washington cause thes the confuse to happen to what may have been sane folks.

We don't have the money for UBI

Apr 27, 2020, 11:55 AM

but can bail out these multi million dollar companies at the drop of a hat.

Ever notice how when it comes to helping the everyday person in the US we don't have the money but quickly find a few billion to help out corporations.

Crazy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: We don't have the money for UBI

Apr 27, 2020, 12:06 PM

See, roughly 75% of the population is 18+ and at even $1k per month I invite you to do the math . Now if we talk the DEM lunacy of $2k per month for 16+ then is just get silly stupid.

Here I'll save you the time and effort, it would come out to $220B per month . Where do you think that sum is gonna come from? Magic? Printing presses? Just tax the rich? Please elucidate from where and then we can talk.

We easily found 16.8 trillion for banks

Apr 27, 2020, 12:10 PM

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikecollins/2015/07/14/the-big-bank-bailout/#68c1dd412d83

That should last around 76 months or 6 years based on your numbers.

Plenty of time to get out of this virus.

So like I said, bailing out corporations? Open the checkbook.

Bailing out people who can't help that a virus destroyed their income? WE CAN'T AFFORD IT!

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We easily found 16.8 trillion for banks

Apr 27, 2020, 12:14 PM

You still do not get that a UBI will basically be funded by bigger busainess if it ever comes to pass do you? Without them and those profits to tax higher there is no UBI. One cannot raise citizens taxes that much to fund it or they stop working, see how that works?

You're proving my point

Apr 27, 2020, 12:18 PM

Not one person in government asks how we can pay for bailouts of these companies

But propose something to help the American people yall become Dave Ramsey wondering who's going to pay for it and where the money is going to come from.

And by yall I mean mainly republican voters who go to bat for that CEO making 200 million who is ready to cut your job at least bit of drop in his income.

It's sad that people still think trickle down works.

When you start caring as much about where all of this bailout money is coming from then you won't be a hypocrite.

But unless I missed it, I haven't seen the first post from you conservatives on here wondering where that money is coming from.

But let somebody mention UHC or UBI. Then the calculators come out.

Here's a Disney example of 'tinkle on' economics...

Apr 27, 2020, 12:26 PM

https://www.thedailybeast.com/disney-heir-abigail-disney-reams-execs-for-hoarding-bonuses-while-furloughing-workers-amid-covid-19

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, their $11.9B stock buy-back last year to consider.***

Apr 27, 2020, 12:29 PM [ in reply to You're proving my point ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to unfettered capitalism

Apr 27, 2020, 12:32 PM

Where those who have take from those who have not and then if they are feeling a little generous they'll throw some crumbs.

Trickle Down Economics | Know Your Meme

Govt. bailing out big business is unfettered capitalism?***

Apr 27, 2020, 2:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No... It's plutocratic corporate cronyism... Capitalism lets

Apr 27, 2020, 3:40 PM

the market determine who rises and falls, supposedly. However, the Big Boys have their own politicians that they own.

Re: You're proving my point

Apr 27, 2020, 7:28 PM [ in reply to You're proving my point ]

Nope , you still do not get it FB. See to help corps stay afloat that employ multitudes helps them to profit, when it all boils down those lib CEO's want no part of UBI as they know where the $$$ will have to come from and it is them.

Give people $1k a month and they blow it, keep'em working by helping comapnies and they can be taxed federal/state and pay payroll tax. Gotta keep the whole system floating instead of doing a fine impression of the Titanic.

This is directly tied to inflation and financing debt.

Apr 27, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to We don't have the money for UBI ]

You toss money to corporations and it trickles down to the employees at a steady rate. It is then exchanged for labor at the lowest level. If you cut everyone a check for whatever, they will go out and spend it, without exchanging it for labor. THAT hurts the dollar, and that's what causes inflation.

The crisis we have is that people can't work, which is not part of that equation of government help. It is extremely dangerous to print money for average people to spend, without working for it in some capacity. With corporate bailouts, they still have workers and employees working for that government assistance. With this, notsomuch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And stock buy-backs, exec bonuses and stock options, M&As,

Apr 27, 2020, 3:45 PM

hedge fund manipulations, CEOs making 500x their workers median wage/salary... Yea, seems reasonable. BS.

I just got my $926/wk from the state gubmit for past 4 weeks

Apr 27, 2020, 11:18 AM

for sittin on my ###. (actually been working harder than ever changing diapers and such. no idea how my wife does this all day) Nice little pop to the bank account.

Bout to go get that golf cart.

Unemployed life ain't bad if I didn't have a mortgage.

Now i just need that ppp loan to go thru so i can get that

Apr 27, 2020, 11:20 AM

boat i've been wanting.

Re: Now i just need that ppp loan to go thru so i can get that

Apr 27, 2020, 11:31 AM

Would not count on it for much longer, as stuff opens back up that is gonna be a gone pecan. Like I said nobody has the $$$ for all this to hand out.

I was kidding. This is all crazy man.***

Apr 27, 2020, 12:16 PM

^^^changedhistune^^^***

Apr 27, 2020, 12:37 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I haven't. We got to get back to work as well.

Apr 27, 2020, 1:57 PM

But it can't be all or nothing either. Critical industries that have continued operating are facing big problems (meat plants in particular).

The story of this virus won't be the death rate, it will be the spread and infectiousness of it. It can cripple businesses that operate in certain enclosed spaces, with 50% or higher absenteeism just due to illness. People will still have to adjust, businesses will have to adjust. You can't work 100%, or even 50% in some businesses, if you ignore it.

We need to ideally work as much as possible, up to the point hospitals reach capacity. Then keep working at whatever that level allows. Businesses who adapt with good margins will stay afloat. Many won't, lockdown or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^changedhistune^^^***

Apr 27, 2020, 7:24 PM [ in reply to ^^^changedhistune^^^*** ]

Nope, I argued against you guys who never wanted to shut down to flatten the curve and allow hospitals a chance to cope. We have done that now, time to open it back up smartly. If we can un-fubar the supply chain for masks, sanitizers and wipes it would help this cause out a lot.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic