Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What I find the most disturbing about all this stuff is...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

What I find the most disturbing about all this stuff is...

Nov 26, 2018, 3:11 PM

...the vitriol in some of the posts and comments. It's just as embarrassing and unnecessary as most feel the article was about "feeling like a loss."

David Hood, Dabo, you, I and most everyone on this board all have lives outside of sports. Lives that matter (sorry, had to go there.) This year, we've all read about a T'Netter who nearly lost his daughter when she went missing. We've read stories on this board about people with real tragedy, hardships and disappointments in their lives. Even I wrote about my battle with cancer this year... and your responses of concern, care and compassion were overwhelming. Yet, this story is getting more attention than all those things combined. And it's bringing out a side that shouldn't be associated with Clemson.

We're bigger than this. We're better than this. We're stronger than this. Kinder than this. More decent than this.

Let's disagree on the substance. That's fine. But let's also grow up and stop the name calling and finger pointing. We're a Clemson Family on this board. Lets act like it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Pure truth, man.....Amen

Nov 26, 2018, 3:22 PM

It is mind blowing how much immaturity comes out behind a keyboard. We had a saying in the Marine Corps in combat, "the enemy has a vote".... to sit here and act like the Chickens have no talent, Bentley is trash, and our secondary cannot make any mistakes is shallow at best. There is not a NC winning team in recent history that does not play at least one game below standard. In fact many have had a bad loss during the year. On to Pitt.....handle business, stop the delusional childishness. We are a national power. Sit back and enjoy it, but understand that we get everyone's best every single game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pure truth, man.....Amen

Nov 26, 2018, 3:32 PM

Yep. This is something that drives me crazy with all the “we won’t beat Bama playing like this” comments I’ve seen over and over all year.

I’m not saying we can’t discuss things we can improve on, and can’t look at how we measure up against other teams, but I can’t stand how so many people can’t just enjoy something that’s supposed to be enjoyable.

Maybe we wouldn’t beat Bama playing defense the way we did the other night, but we also had several games in 2016 where our performance wouldn’t have beaten Bama either.

I get we want to win another NC, but it’s frustrating to hear so many fans whine for a good portion of a 12-0 season because they can’t stop worrying about a potential game #15 that we as fans have no control over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Folks forget

Nov 26, 2018, 3:48 PM

The 10-8 struggle against the Tar Holes in 1981, Bama 9-6 win against LSU in a NC year, Bama and Florida losing to Ole Miss in a NC year for both, etc...Anyone who knows rudimentary X's and O's knows all sorts of small alighment/assignment things can cause secondary blowups. It happens, period. The Chickens have two NFL WR's and a QB who, as much as we ride the kid, has a toughness about him. He ain't Shaw but he grinded Saturday night. Ross and Smith both should have caught those TD passes, and Dixon and TL would love to have that RPO play back. Pitt is all that matters. Clemson FB has NEVER been this good in its history. Our fanbase should be better than some of this BS my grandma would call, "simpleton" nonsense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What I find the most disturbing about all this stuff is...

Nov 26, 2018, 3:23 PM

I agree with you 100%. There’s a lot of stuff posted on here that we’d be posting links to and looking down on other fanbases for saying.

I seriously think a lot of people are most upset about the game because they spend so much time reading comments from South Carolina fans and can’t stand the thought of seeing them find anything positive to take from the game at all. Just take their joy as a compliment for how highly they think of our program and move on.

Vitriol?

Nov 26, 2018, 3:46 PM

Isn't that a drug you give chickens for mites?

I know there's a lot of chickens out of the coop and roostin' on TigerNet today.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic